PDA

View Full Version : First pics 1966 tv batman, robin, joker, riddler!

enyawd72
Dec 17, '13, 2:03 PM
They have officially arrived!

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1505072_558069780953406_240425807_n.jpg

The Toyroom
Dec 17, '13, 2:09 PM
First opinion? Glad they're a reality...I'll more than likely be collecting 'em all...But something looks lost in translation that I can't quite explain.
Might just be a bad pic...

megojim
Dec 17, '13, 2:10 PM
pretty sweet, this is something I can get excited about . . . . rehashed WGSH? . . . . not so much

megomania
Dec 17, '13, 2:11 PM
something looks lost in translation that I can't quite explain.

I'm with you

palitoy
Dec 17, '13, 2:16 PM
I couldn't get overly revved up over the repro wave but these? I'm in for a wave or two. It's a first pic but the Joker seems the strongest here.

If I had gotten these as a kid, it would have been a good day.

ovenmitt
Dec 17, '13, 2:19 PM
Batastic! Waited 40 years for these! Cannot wait to see 12" too! Glad Yvonne Craig signed on or line would be incomplete without Batgirl!

enyawd72
Dec 17, '13, 2:22 PM
I'm with you

I think it's just the photography plus the fact that these are prototypes...the close up of the Joker headsculpt shown previously looks much better than in this pic. I think the final product will blow us away.

MIB41
Dec 17, '13, 2:25 PM
I need to wait for officially shot pics before I really commit to an opinion. I agree that the Joker is the strongest in that picture. I must say I was expecting more of a EMCE quality release. But lets wait until we get better pics before any final assessment is rendered here.

boss
Dec 17, '13, 2:26 PM
I like 'em.

Figuremod73
Dec 17, '13, 2:31 PM
Like 'em

....so are the individuals figures gonna be the same price as Retro wave 1?

JediJaida
Dec 17, '13, 2:33 PM
The facial features really DO lose a lot of detail when they are shrunk!

Joker is great, but the Riddler looks a bit weak.

Not gonna keep me from getting them, though.

Hedji
Dec 17, '13, 2:38 PM
I think they look GREAT! I didn't expect these to look like 8 inch hot toys. In fact, I DON'T want them to look like 8 inch Hot Toys. They look fun, and colorful, and toy-like, which is the essence of Mego scale to me.

Can't wait!

Byrnes
Dec 17, '13, 2:39 PM
The mouth is weird and the head looks to long on Riddler. Either way they look great, love the gloves on Batman and Robin. This is what I've been waiting for.

SpaceAgent
Dec 17, '13, 2:43 PM
That same photo is on FTC's Facebook page. I'd like to see close-ups of them, but I'm in for these.

Astronut
Dec 17, '13, 2:44 PM
Looks exactly like Cesar Romero... and West looks pretty accurate too. I'll be honest though, this is one assortment I may pass on. I'm sort of a creature of habit and a traditionalist. I want my Megos to have that Mego naivety, that Mego charm/vibe... not serious or super realistic looking. Those kinds of reMegos never appealed to me (EMCE's Twilight Zone and Monsters come to mind.) But I swear I am going to do everything I can to pony up the cash for every reMego hero FTC can give us and the never-before-released heroes in the coming years.

Iron Mego
Dec 17, '13, 2:53 PM
These look like pretty rough protos to me. The suits look handmade. I'm hoping for better looking figures than this.

MIB41
Dec 17, '13, 2:58 PM
Farrow ( the man responsible for making these) addressed this picture and confirmed those are proto-types. He said there are a few changes with the final product, but he wanted to keep them in the Mego tradition. Looking forward to seeing the production samples.

silveralex
Dec 17, '13, 2:59 PM
I like 'me! Will definitely pick em all up. FTC is starting to take over my wallet.

houseofdracula
Dec 17, '13, 3:05 PM
Better photo.
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1505072_558069780953406_240425807_n.jpg

Hedji
Dec 17, '13, 3:07 PM
Farrow ( the man responsible for making these) wanted to keep them in the Mego tradition.

Love this bit. These toys are "righting a wrong", coming into existence to be the toys we always wanted. If these came out in the Mego era, they would still retain the simple toyish look. For greater accuracy, there's Hot Toys.

Byrnes
Dec 17, '13, 3:20 PM
Better photo.

Much better! Robin looks way better in this photo.

madmarva
Dec 17, '13, 3:20 PM
Are they perfect? No, but the improvements in the capes, gloves, boots and head sculpts are tremendous to me. Love the batcape and Robin tunic and cape combo.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Dec 17, '13, 3:22 PM
Very nice! They keep the Mego-like feel. The only thing I'm not big on is the fuzzy looking costumes on Riddler and Batman. Thumbs up!

Werewolf
Dec 17, '13, 3:24 PM
Neat! I think they look cool.

houseofdracula
Dec 17, '13, 3:28 PM
Yeah, put me down for a set or 2.

Hedji
Dec 17, '13, 3:29 PM
I think they look tremendous. Minor criticism: I'd go easy on the lip paint, well, on everyone except for Joker.

The Toyroom
Dec 17, '13, 3:29 PM
Much better looking in that new pic

houseofdracula
Dec 17, '13, 3:33 PM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1526968_558080304285687_1022030223_n.jpg

houseofdracula
Dec 17, '13, 3:34 PM
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/601210_558080387619012_905278677_n.jpg

houseofdracula
Dec 17, '13, 3:35 PM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/944835_558080377619013_280575963_n.jpg

houseofdracula
Dec 17, '13, 3:35 PM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1486924_558080317619019_289463840_n.jpg

houseofdracula
Dec 17, '13, 3:36 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/883830_558080330952351_1436699834_o.jpg

boss
Dec 17, '13, 3:37 PM
Now I really like 'em. Sold!

Iron Mego
Dec 17, '13, 3:38 PM
Those look better and show where they are headed. Will be interesting to see factory samples when they have them. I'll be getting these for sure.

jimsmegos
Dec 17, '13, 3:47 PM
They look fun to me. I am surprised though that the Riddler and Robin's masks aren't removable. Either way is cool but I really thought they'd have went that route.

EMCE Hammer
Dec 17, '13, 3:52 PM
I think those gloves are going to be popular customs items down the road. Romero's mustache shows they care.

enyawd72
Dec 17, '13, 3:53 PM
I am buying cases of these.

mego73
Dec 17, '13, 3:59 PM
Exept for the heads being a tad big, they look great!

powersthatbe
Dec 17, '13, 4:08 PM
these are available for pre-order now at bigbadtoystore.i made a placeholder order for now,but id rather order directly from ftc.subject to come out in april 2014.

sprytel
Dec 17, '13, 4:25 PM
The all look fun... but that Joker is simply irresistible.

ubermanx
Dec 17, '13, 4:31 PM
Okay, totally in love with the Batman and Joker. They look awesome. Robin and Riddler a bit off (as has been mentioned). But that won't stop me from getting the whole series as well as any additional waves.

- Marty

jwyblejr
Dec 17, '13, 4:43 PM
Since these are prototypes,I'm not too worried. Robin looks like he wants to give someone a big kiss.

browboy71
Dec 17, '13, 4:56 PM
I am impressed and will be getting the entire run!

boynightwing
Dec 17, '13, 4:59 PM
They seem to be going in the right direction. I'm on board for the first few waves for sure.

wayne foundation 07
Dec 17, '13, 5:02 PM
Now these I will add to the collection with out a doubt , I didn't need a copy cat Batman , but these are looking great!
Thanks for posting the first pics D

Earth 2 Chris
Dec 17, '13, 5:03 PM
Okay, so far so good. I hope they tone down on the paint on the Riddler's mouth...I think it's throwing off the likeness. Robin looks a bit..generic, but it may be the paint. Batman looks great, and Joker is fantastic. The costumes look good...like later, upscaled Mego.

EDITED TO ADD: I just took a real close look at Robin's tunic...DANG!!! That looks great! They could have went the Mego route, but it looks like the real deal, which is awesome. And it's the lip paint that's throwing Ward/Robin's likeness off for me too. I'm betting the finished figures lips won't be so prominent.

So, I'm very happy with the look of these!

Chris

bondtoddbond
Dec 17, '13, 5:05 PM
These look great and something new that hasn't been done before. Can't wait to see these in person!

MeWantMegos
Dec 17, '13, 5:08 PM
I think these look great. Love them. Will absolutely get all 4.

I think future sets have Robin with removable mask.

I love the Joker and Batman. Great Adam West.

I love all these Batman 66 toys.

galaxyexplorer42
Dec 17, '13, 5:11 PM
Wow! I think these look phenomenal!!! I really dig the "fuzzy" or "felt" look of the costume fabric. If that is how the costumes are, it will be a very nice welcome addition of Mego-esque figures to my collection... Something a little different, but still extremely cool. I'm in for the whole line...

megomania
Dec 17, '13, 5:11 PM
I think it's just the photography plus the fact that these are prototypes...the close up of the Joker headsculpt shown previously looks much better than in this pic. I think the final product will blow us away.

Exactly right - better pics made a world of difference. Robin does look generic though. That being said I'm definitely in for these!

-Chris

Nostalgiabuff
Dec 17, '13, 5:15 PM
those heads look resin to me. Joker looks great. I will pick these up, but passed on the repros. I would have been all over these as a kid.

PNGwynne
Dec 17, '13, 5:41 PM
Rather nice--they'd certainly garner my support over Mattel's stuff.

I don't like the fuzzy cotton used for the bodysuits, though. :no:

Brent
Dec 17, '13, 5:42 PM
These look great ill get all of them!!!

thunderbolt
Dec 17, '13, 5:47 PM
Now CTVT is getting my money. They look great, hope that not much is lost from prototype to final figures. I really like the old school look of the fabrics. Can't wait to see Pengy, Catwoman, Freeze, Tut, Egghead and on and on. Love it.

VinMan
Dec 17, '13, 5:52 PM
Please please please string the bodies a little loser !!!!

Iron Mego
Dec 17, '13, 5:54 PM
I'm actually not digging the material. Looks like it will pill like nobody's business. But if that's what they go with, it won't deter me.

So the price on BBTS comes out to about $26.25/figure. Wonder what the price on CTVT will be for a set. If it's under $30 I'm happy.

thunderbolt
Dec 17, '13, 5:59 PM
and I get the impression that Batman's cape has a wire in it for posing.

megonaught
Dec 17, '13, 6:00 PM
That joker is spot on.
The batmans cowl eye holes are a bit big otherwise looks good.
Robins neck seems a it too long but otherwise looks good.
Riddler is the weakest but still looks great.
I have the Mattel 66 line and am doing the redo line so I might get batman and robin and possably joker but others not so much.

JediJaida
Dec 17, '13, 6:02 PM
That cotton fabric for the Riddler looks very pill prone. They should switch to a slicker spandex, but since these are only prototypes, I really don't care!

The Riddler sculpt is a bit weak, but they must have lost some detail in the shrinking of the head, as I mentioned earlier. And those shoes have got to GO!

BUT, I'm still going to spend my money on these darlings come April! And DANG, but that seems like a LONG time to wait!

k2
Dec 17, '13, 6:22 PM
I don't really give a rip about any of the remego stuff (other than the zica BR figs) but these are going to be a must have!

rche
Dec 17, '13, 6:36 PM
Excited to see protos of these. Hope this line carries on for a long run.

Boywonder0
Dec 17, '13, 6:44 PM
I feel sorry to all haters! They must be facing a bad moment...
FTC is the new "Mego Style" action figures king!

Iron Mego
Dec 17, '13, 6:52 PM
Who's hating? I see mostly positive comments, with a few reservations tossed in.

Timothy2251
Dec 17, '13, 7:13 PM
Love 'em and I'll buy 'em as they come out. I can only imagine how Catwoman's gonna look!

Random Axe
Dec 17, '13, 7:18 PM
Just got home and saw this. I am very impressed.

I was aprehensive about these figures as they are very specific and easy to screw up. They pretty much knocked this out. A few minor tweaks here and there with paint aps and you've got a winner. Is this going to be released too late to catch on the 66 bandwagon?

samurainoir
Dec 17, '13, 7:33 PM
For the price point and Mego style, I'm perfectly content. Could the detail and likenesses be better? Sure, particularly on Riddler, but that's why I'm also going to be paying a big premium for Hot Toys figures as well.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2013/09/batman66hottoysmain.png

pmwasson
Dec 17, '13, 7:35 PM
I think they look great! I'll preorder from FTC as soon as it goes up.

This also makes me hopeful that FTC will do a good job on the new characters for the WGSH line since they obviously have some talent putting new characters together.

Hedji
Dec 17, '13, 7:36 PM
These just beg to be played with. They're the toys we all wanted 40 years ago.

Hedji
Dec 17, '13, 7:39 PM
I also like that we finally get a Mego Robin wearing tights!

ODBJBG
Dec 17, '13, 7:44 PM
Absolutely amazing. Love the material on the outfits. Will be curious to see what the final figures look like, but I'm putting in a pre-order right now.

Remco Monster
Dec 17, '13, 7:47 PM
Riddler pretty much stinks. Batman and Robin are OK. Heads are a little big. Joker is awesome. I will buy them all!

mego maniac mark
Dec 17, '13, 8:30 PM
Way to go FTC!!!! Can't wait for these

C.H.O.A.M.
Dec 17, '13, 8:46 PM
I think they look great!
While I'm glad for the "re-release" of the Mego figs, I really have no interest in them.
But this '66 line is definitely something I will be getting.

TomStrong
Dec 17, '13, 8:52 PM
I gotta get them all! Man they look great! I think they've done a great job.

Ivaniski
Dec 17, '13, 8:59 PM
They look great!!! Just need a minor Tweak here and there.......Then......"GRANDSLAM"!!! :drool_y: :drool_y: :drool_y:

I'm gettin' these as soon as they are available.

Brown Bear
Dec 17, '13, 9:15 PM
When I saw EMCE's Gorn I thought I'd never be more excited for a re-mego......then when I saw Mattel's Retro-Action announcement I thought the same thing.......now seeing Adam West Batman done like this, it beats all. I don't think I'll EVER be more excited for a re-mego toy than this one. I've wanted this since I was 6 years old. Hats off to FTC! I'm speechless.

EmergencyIan
Dec 17, '13, 9:29 PM
I couldn't get overly revved up over the repro wave but these? I'm in for a wave or two. It's a first pic but the Joker seems the strongest here.

If I had gotten these as a kid, it would have been a good day.

I would have loved these as a kid, too!

- Ian

megalomaniac001
Dec 17, '13, 9:32 PM
Oh wow!!! I am on board. I would have given up my big sister for these as a kid! Yeah, there are a few minor things. Will have to see the final to see how the really look. But unlike the repo's, I am going to have to get a complete set of these. In fact I may need some spares for custom fodder!

silveralex
Dec 17, '13, 9:53 PM
I now have very high hopes for Batgirl/Yvonne Craig :)

Wise4671
Dec 17, '13, 10:23 PM
Got my set pre ordered :-)

AkbarClone
Dec 17, '13, 10:30 PM
I think they are cool--looking forward to more pics!

dr_cyclops
Dec 17, '13, 10:38 PM
Love them!:heart:

MIB41
Dec 17, '13, 10:52 PM
THOSE were the pics I was looking for. Very fun!! I will be ordering them. Another home run FTC! Great work by the Farrow!!

UnderdogDJLSW
Dec 17, '13, 11:14 PM
I will definitely pre-order these. Robin's mouth does look a bit small, so hopefully that is fixed. Now if somehow an official DVD would be released.

hedrap
Dec 17, '13, 11:17 PM
Yeah I'm in.

If they were Hot Toys accurate, it wouldn't feel Mego to me. These are close in representation, with enough slight differences, that they feel Mego-correct.

That Batman, for me, is actually near-perfect. He has all the trademark West aesthetics but a better mask fit than West ever had. Maybe it's because he doesn't look cross-eyed.

ScottA
Dec 17, '13, 11:22 PM
I'm in.

fallensaviour
Dec 17, '13, 11:26 PM
I'll be getting a set for sure!!!

kingdom warrior
Dec 17, '13, 11:30 PM
I dig them so getting them.....

mego
Dec 17, '13, 11:40 PM
These are ok, not great.

Captain
Dec 17, '13, 11:59 PM
It's like a puzzle piece that's been missing for 40 some years has finally fell in place.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Dec 18, '13, 12:09 AM
I think those gloves are going to be popular customs items down the road.

AMEN! I wonder if there are hands in there or if the gloves will be solid in the hand area and a stem to insert into the forearm?

The Batman and Riddler suits look ripe for pilling. Pilling was the word I was looking for earlier (thank JediJaida). I guess we could use fabric shavers on them :grin:

piecemaker
Dec 18, '13, 12:28 AM
Looking great and i cant wait to get these!

comicmike
Dec 18, '13, 12:29 AM
they're happening...they're really happening...i mean, can you really really believe this? Years later, and proving that wishes really do come true...and it's the Holidays...what more can i say? ~gasp~
I didn't get to see the TV series when I was young. ...but I sure loved my 8" Megos...I could only relate to the series from my Batman-Catwoman Viewmaster stills....then the '66 movie was re-released during a summer 10-ish years later (was it summer of '77 I think?)....I was wide-eyed in that small home-town theater...I"ll never forget it...I saw it again a few years later at a public showing at our local university...then I started watching the '66 series in my early 20s when I got a satelite dish and the '89 movie resurged the TV re-runs....& right around then I found a '66 movie on VHS..man, I'll tell you, I got probably the deepest into my Megos in that era...a deep passion in my young adult brain...I even started sending away for after-market Megos through toy collecting catalogues...now here we all are, and 8" Batman TV Megos are really happening...I mean, they are really, truly~ happening~...it's just ~WOW~!
Honest, I celebrate Christmas in my personal traditions...I'm up too late, & I'm looking at these pics again & again, and I think I really believe in Santa Clause right now...just WOW! ...I hope I can sleep tonight...

tllgn
Dec 18, '13, 12:46 AM
its the waiting thats sucks about all this ,i am in for two sets easy.Holy MEGO ! ,those look so cool .

Earth 2 Chris
Dec 18, '13, 6:14 AM
Having looked at these repeatedly, I like them more and more. They are kind of like Mego's Flash Gordon 10" line...a step up from the usual offerings. A "deluxe" series if you will, with better costume detail, etc. But they still look Mego, which is VERY important to me. I'm getting the Hot Toys, but I don't want my chocolate in my peanut butter, ya know?

VERY psyched for these!

Chris

The Bat
Dec 18, '13, 7:57 AM
My take:

Not happy with the Riddler at all, I don't think he looks like Frank Gorshin.

Batman: pretty nice but his head is to BIG.
Robin: not bad...but the likeness is off.

The Joker: "dead on" perfect!

I see myself using them as Customs. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the costumes!!!:heart: I plan to replace Batman's head with a 70's Neal Adams style sculpt.
Robin, need to find a an Adams style head sculpt.
The Joker, gonna put my Heath Ledger Resin head to use finally!

The Riddler...not going to buy at all(and he was one of the ones I was looking forward to the most)I don't think he looks like Frank Gorshin.

EMCE Hammer
Dec 18, '13, 8:02 AM
AMEN! I wonder if there are hands in there or if the gloves will be solid in the hand area and a stem to insert into the forearm?

The Batman and Riddler suits look ripe for pilling. Pilling was the word I was looking for earlier (thank JediJaida). I guess we could use fabric shavers on them :grin:

They are solid with stems according to FTC. A neat option for sure.

The Bat
Dec 18, '13, 8:06 AM
They are solid with stems according to FTC. A neat option for sure.

And necessary! Ever tried to get those glove over regular Mego hand? Great move on their part!

MEGOMAN
Dec 18, '13, 1:45 PM
It is so great that finally these a being made after all of these year. However knowing FTC, we will see how the final product will look like. Being that these are the prototypes we still have to wait before we can really make a final judgment. To me the bodies look a bit skimpy. All of the head sculpts look really nice but not as good as the Joker.

JediJaida
Dec 18, '13, 2:18 PM
They need interchangeable hands.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Dec 18, '13, 3:50 PM
It is so great that finally these a being made after all of these year. However knowing FTC, we will see how the final product will look like. Being that these are the prototypes we still have to wait before we can really make a final judgment. To me the bodies look a bit skimpy. All of the head sculpts look really nice but not as good as the Joker.
I think the bodies don't fill out the suits as well as they should. I did think that especially on Batman. I was even surprised when I saw the pic where a member had switched the bodies of the retro line over to Doc' bodies and the suits still looked loose.
I do find it amazing they increased the detail but still maintained the Mego look (to me).

Wise4671
Dec 18, '13, 10:07 PM
I think these pictures are prototypes and the finished product is going to come out looking pretty tight.

HardyGirl
Dec 18, '13, 10:35 PM
WOW! :baby02: These look great! I would have gone for a full tooth grin on Riddler, (ala Frank Gorshin), but otherwise, cool! Y'know, I wasn't digging the lip paint at first, but then I thought, Action Jackson! They've got the same lip color as ole AJ! Very Mego-ey! I wonder if we'll get a show accurate Batcave too? Wouldn't that be great?

HardyGirl
Dec 18, '13, 10:43 PM
OMG! I love your reaction! The 60s series has always been the definitive Batman for me. And reruns of this show during the 70s, is why I think the original Mego line was so popular. But you sound like a little kid on Christmas Eve! I love it! :hokay: This is what it's all about as an adult action figure collector. Yes, Virginia, (and Comic Mike) there is a Santa Claus!

they're happening...they're really happening...i mean, can you really really believe this? Years later, and proving that wishes really do come true...and it's the Holidays...what more can i say? ~gasp~
I didn't get to see the TV series when I was young. ...but I sure loved my 8" Megos...I could only relate to the series from my Batman-Catwoman Viewmaster stills....then the '66 movie was re-released during a summer 10-ish years later (was it summer of '77 I think?)....I was wide-eyed in that small home-town theater...I"ll never forget it...I saw it again a few years later at a public showing at our local university...then I started watching the '66 series in my early 20s when I got a satelite dish and the '89 movie resurged the TV re-runs....& right around then I found a '66 movie on VHS..man, I'll tell you, I got probably the deepest into my Megos in that era...a deep passion in my young adult brain...I even started sending away for after-market Megos through toy collecting catalogues...now here we all are, and 8" Batman TV Megos are really happening...I mean, they are really, truly~ happening~...it's just ~WOW~!
Honest, I celebrate Christmas in my personal traditions...I'm up too late, & I'm looking at these pics again & again, and I think I really believe in Santa Clause right now...just WOW! ...I hope I can sleep tonight...

Harbingerboy
Dec 19, '13, 12:30 AM
Love these, but...I am disappointed in the Batman head sculpt a bit, moreso in Robin's and Riddler's, as well as Riddler's suit. Super excited to see these pics for Xmas but after those awesome Joker and Egghead head shots...these are a bit of a let down. I'm still in and excited to see more but there seems to be a disproportionate ratio here as to how modern these should look compared to how Megoey, a combo frankly I think EMCE and BBP have pulled off slightly more successfully.

MIB41
Dec 19, '13, 6:58 AM
I think these will be a monster hit for FTC. I did notice Batman and Riddler's outfits seem to be composed of a more cotton material than the stretchy kind we've seen in the hero lines. It would be really neat if that makes it to the production versions as well. It adds a quality to the overall look. Just curious when these will hit the market. They're fun!

Hedji
Dec 19, '13, 8:06 AM
WOW! :baby02: These look great! I would have gone for a full tooth grin on Riddler, (ala Frank Gorshin), but otherwise, cool! Y'know, I wasn't digging the lip paint at first, but then I thought, Action Jackson! They've got the same lip color as ole AJ! Very Mego-ey!

Thank you for that, HardyGirl! That helps make it more palatable. Good perspective.

ZebMayonaise
Dec 19, '13, 9:45 AM
HOLY SMOKES, BATMAN!!! those look amazing!

Mego Milk
Dec 19, '13, 10:34 AM
Getting!!!!

dr_cyclops
Dec 19, '13, 2:10 PM
FTC has really stepped up their game.:yes:
I did my best to get my retailer friends to support this line. Sadly FTC India production, has left too many retailers with high reservations. Even after telling them that FTC moved production to China, I didn't get the feeling it made any difference to them. I really hope that when they see these prototypes pics, they have a change of heart.:yeah:

Astronut
Dec 19, '13, 3:12 PM
FTC has really stepped up their game.:yes:
I did my best to get my retailer friends to support this line. Sadly FTC India production, has left too many retailers with high reservations. Even after telling them that FTC moved production to China, I didn't get the feeling it made any difference to them. I really hope that when they see these prototypes pics, they have a change of heart.:yeah:

I am pulling for FTC. They are allowing us a chance to re-live old memories by doing WGSH again, if nothing else, at least we're getting DC. But I will say, I'm a little concerned about quality, even the more recent stuff. I ordered a set of 2012 Mad Monster figures, carded, and not only is the Mummy's head wobbling like it's about to come off, but some of the hands feel super loose, as if they are one motion away from coming off. I thought the 2012 MM Series was built with improved parts?? I just got my WGSH Batman Series 1 set the other day and I'm almost scared to open them for fear the limbs are gonna fall off... at least that's what I'm seeing in these threads.

FTC we love you — but you have to get this right — you can't keep selling merchandise that is falling apart at the seams — or you are ultimately doomed as a company.

dr_cyclops
Dec 19, '13, 4:00 PM
But I will say, I'm a little concerned about quality, even the more recent stuff. I ordered a set of 2012 Mad Monster figures, carded, and not only is the Mummy's head wobbling like it's about to come off, but some of the hands feel super loose, as if they are one motion away from coming off. I thought the 2012 MM Series was built with improved parts?? I just got my WGSH Batman Series 1 set the other day and I'm almost scared to open them for fear the limbs are gonna fall off... at least that's what I'm seeing in these threads.Sounds like the Mummy's extra wrap is too tight and pulling the head out of the body. This is what happen the first time I tried to re-wrap this piece. The wrists tend to have a loose swivel. Having removed and replaced these hands, I found no risk of them falling off. I've been buying the India produced glow monster hands from CTVT in quantity. The 2012 hands are much better. Improvements to the limbs are very evident in these 2012 bodies when compared to the India production.:yes: Can't wait to test the Retro Batman line as soon as I can afford.

THE FALCON
Dec 19, '13, 7:23 PM
The one thing that stands out that I don't like are Robin's leggings/pantyhose, whatever they're called. Batman and Joker really look great.

J.B.
Dec 20, '13, 1:03 AM
Uh-oh. Have any of you read the FTC fine print in the upper right hand corner of the Batman Pic? "Head sculpt shown is only available on 12” figures. The 8” sculpt will differ slightly." These guys pis$ me off. Scroll down for pic of actual 8" sculpt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/SkullLeader1/Mego/genewest2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/SkullLeader1/Mego/genewest.jpg

piecemaker
Dec 20, '13, 6:29 AM
^^^:smiley1::rotfl: :rotfl:

MIB41
Dec 20, '13, 6:40 AM
:smiley1: That was good. Well done.

houseofdracula
Dec 20, '13, 9:25 AM
:smiley1: :silly: :smiley1:

CrimsonGhost
Dec 20, '13, 9:27 AM
Uh-oh. Have any of you read the FTC fine print in the upper right hand corner of the Batman Pic? "Head sculpt shown is only available on 12” figures. The 8” sculpt will differ slightly." These guys pis$ me off. Scroll down for pic of actual 8" sculpt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/SkullLeader1/Mego/genewest2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/SkullLeader1/Mego/genewest.jpg

Haha!! Awesome! I was wondering if these were the 12" versions.

Earth 2 Chris
Dec 20, '13, 11:01 AM
Crap, I forgot about the 12" versions. I wish they'd honestly just bypass those. Maybe do Batman and Robin and that's it. Seems to be muddying the water for the 8" to me.

Chris

Hedji
Dec 20, '13, 12:27 PM
^Agreed. 12 Inch could really oversaturate and distract from the 8 inch.

Astronut
Dec 20, '13, 12:46 PM
I also agree. 100%. 8-Inch is the format they need to focus on. Hands-down.

Brave Ulysses
Dec 20, '13, 1:38 PM
Batman and Joker are my favorites by far but as mentioned I'd like to see them concentrate on 8 inch and really make them great.

noelani72
Dec 20, '13, 5:57 PM
Pretty sure there are no 12" 1966 Bats figs coming from FTC.

thunderbolt
Dec 20, '13, 6:08 PM
yeah, they aren't doing any Batman 66 in 12 inch:
http://figurestoycompany.com/classictvbatmanactionfiguresseries1.aspx

Hedji
Dec 20, '13, 6:14 PM
Ah, I couldn't remember which line it was that 12 inch would be done in addition to 8 inch. But I remember in the original press release, they did say 12 inch. So, does that mean we can expect up scaled 12 inch versions of WGSH repros?

Mego-Amigo
Dec 20, '13, 6:28 PM
Wish they would just concentrate on 8 inch figures for all of their lines. I would love to have those J. R. Ewing figures in 8 inch. I don't collect 12 inch figures of anything so I will have to pass on them.

thunderbolt
Dec 20, '13, 8:28 PM
Ah, I couldn't remember which line it was that 12 inch would be done in addition to 8 inch. But I remember in the original press release, they did say 12 inch. So, does that mean we can expect up scaled 12 inch versions of WGSH repros?

right from the press release:

Batman 1966 Classic TV Series
CFO Anthony Balasco states, “It has been my understanding that the collectors community would enjoy collecting retro 8 inch action figures based on the “Batman 1966 Classic TV Series”. When we saw that the rights were settled between the involved party’s we immediately became interested in acquiring the license”. We are proud to say that the collectors will be able to enjoy a vast selection of characters that have never been available before. Our head sculpts will look life like and the cloth costumes will be highly detailed. Series 1 will include Batman, Robin, The Riddler & The Joker. Future series will include The Penguin, Catwoman, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Egghead, King Tut, Mr. Freeze, Shame, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, Batman (with removable cowl), Robin (with removable mask), The Joker in prison baseball outfit, The Joker in opera outfit, & The Joker in grey suit. All Batman 1966 Classic TV Series figures will be available in 8 inch starting early 2014. All of our Batman 1966 Classic TV Series are exclusively sculpted by "The Farrow" Danny Anniello

Hedji
Dec 20, '13, 8:55 PM
I could be wrong, but I was thinking of the press release for the WGSH Batman repros.

thunderbolt
Dec 20, '13, 8:58 PM
that says 8 inch only also. the first paragraph is misleading the way it was worded. It reads like 8 and 12 inch for everything, then down the release its specific which is in which scale. Guessing 12 inch is off limits for DC due to Hot Toys already doing it.
http://figurestoycompany.com/2013pressrelease.aspx

Earth 2 Chris
Dec 20, '13, 9:49 PM
^Well, I for one, am glad. I wouldn't mind seeing a limited amount of 12" DC figures from them down the line, but let's get a few waves of 8" going first.

Chris

Iron Mego
Dec 21, '13, 12:09 AM
So the Joker and Egghead head sculpts, and the boots/gloves pics were all for the 8" line?! Cool.

alex
Dec 21, '13, 12:13 AM
Wow, I just discovered this thread, these look fantastic, sold !!!

Red Hulk
Dec 21, '13, 8:53 AM
I'm liking these the more I see them the Joker and Batman are my favorites.I may have to add these guys to my collection.

Chris
Dec 21, '13, 11:37 AM
The Joker is outstanding! The talented Bliet hooked me up years ago with the rest or I would be all over them too.

DaBillmann
Dec 21, '13, 2:13 PM
As much as I would like to get the retro ones to take me back to the megos I had as a child, I have to say that these will take priority. So much more deail. if it works out I can afford these, they will definately make me a happy guy.

PNGwynne
Dec 21, '13, 3:39 PM
It seems to me that the tooling for the '66 line could be a real boon for both customizers & FTC: Imagine these sculpted Bat-gloves molded in blue or black, or Robin's gaunlet's in a variety of colors. As Mego did, these items could be used on future figures or sold individually as CTVT usually does.

dr_cyclops
Dec 22, '13, 11:19 AM
T-Bolt, thanks for the link.
If I could trust this link to be unedited, I would accept that I misread it originally.
Gilligan's Island states both 8 and 12 scales, I remember it originally said 12 inch only.
I also remember FTC announcing that they were adding the 8 inch scale to Gilligan's Island.
Rereading the Batman 66, it states way too clearly 8 inch scale only. Is it possible this has been edited too?
I just have this (flawed?) memory of it saying 8 and 12 inch scales would be available for Batman 66.

nobody
Dec 22, '13, 11:32 AM
I hope the gloves on Batman are prototype because the color is wrong.

thunderbolt
Dec 22, '13, 1:26 PM
T-Bolt, thanks for the link.
If I could trust this link to be unedited, I would accept that I misread it originally.
Gilligan's Island states both 8 and 12 scales, I remember it originally said 12 inch only.
I also remember FTC announcing that they were adding the 8 inch scale to Gilligan's Island.
Rereading the Batman 66, it states way too clearly 8 inch scale only. Is it possible this has been edited too?
I just have this (flawed?) memory of it saying 8 and 12 inch scales would be available for Batman 66.

even if they edited it, at least it confirms that what we are seeing are 8 inch. Pretty sure they edited in the sculpting by the farrow guy, too.

bleit1701
Dec 24, '13, 3:48 AM
I like the Joker except he should have an old timey tuxedo jacket like the Phantom of the Opera. It looks more like a suit coat with tails.

dr_cyclops
Dec 25, '13, 12:02 PM
even if they edited it, at least it confirms that what we are seeing are 8 inch. Pretty sure they edited in the sculpting by the farrow guy, too.Should my confusion contributed here, I apologize. I have been under the misconception that there would be a larger 12 inch scale in this line.

thunderbolt
Dec 25, '13, 5:40 PM
Should my confusion contributed here, I apologize. I have been under the misconception that there would be a larger 12 inch scale in this line.

just sayin' you might be right, but they appear to have edited the press release. I bet they thought they could do 12 inch too. That scale is tied up by Hot Toys.

Boywonder0
Dec 27, '13, 8:44 PM
^^^ Yes they did! They announced they were going to make 8" and 12" figures from the TV series. As a matter of fact, I thought that the gloves, belt & boots teaser were for the 12" figures (and so were the Egghead and Joker proto heads). Then people immediately brought the fact that Hot Toys had the 12" figures (no contest here of course). So I guess they later edited the original announcement and we didn't realize until now...

Mego-Amigo
Dec 27, '13, 10:30 PM
Glad to hear they are only doing 8 inch. Wish it were true for all their licenses.

thunderbolt
Dec 30, '13, 2:33 PM
btw, any other locals in Tampa can pick them up in person, I asked. :)

Brown Bear
Dec 30, '13, 3:56 PM
Just pre-ordered series 1 along with Alfred, Speedy, Aqualad & Kid Flash. Woo Hoo!!

thunderbolt
Dec 31, '13, 5:04 AM
Is series two going to mirror the WGSH series two? Penguin, Catwoman, Bruce and Dick?

Boywonder0
Dec 31, '13, 3:56 PM
Is series two going to mirror the WGSH series two? Penguin, Catwoman, Bruce and Dick?

That assortment would be awesome! Imagine Bruce & Richard sliding down the batpoles and coming out as the Batman & Robin from series 1 ??? We are going to need a Batcave!!! After all they made a Monster Castle!

thunderbolt
Dec 31, '13, 5:08 PM
That assortment would be awesome! Imagine Bruce & Richard sliding down the batpoles and coming out as the Batman & Robin from series 1 ??? We are going to need a Batcave!!! After all they made a Monster Castle!
Personally, I'd skip the secret ID figures and just get Penguin and Catwoman if that was wave 2. I'd much rather see Egghead and Tut.

boss
Dec 31, '13, 9:34 PM
oops... wrong thread.

Bronxboykev
Jan 2, '14, 4:21 AM
Up for PRE Order on the FTC Web page

http://figurestoycompany.com/classictvbatmanactionfiguresseries1.aspx

Legend of Link
Jan 2, '14, 9:43 AM
Got mine pre ordered, oddly they already took my money from the bank account. Weird.

Bronxboykev
Jan 2, '14, 9:55 AM
Got mine pre ordered, oddly they already took my money from the bank account. Weird.

Credit or debit???

I just checked my AMEX and they haven't charged it yet.

noelani72
Jan 2, '14, 10:11 AM
so how'd they get Riddler's leg to tweak outward like that? Typical bodies don't do that…

Legend of Link
Jan 2, '14, 10:18 AM
Credit or debit???

I just checked my AMEX and they haven't charged it yet.
I called them and asked why I was charged and the guy said because I used PayPal. If you PP you'll be charged immediately. But if you use a credit card you'll be charged a week before shipping. He also said the expected time for shipping was just some point in the first quarter.

Iron Mego
Jan 2, '14, 11:33 AM
Has no one mentioned yet that the 66 Batman figures are also $24.99? It seemed like a lot of people were speculating on a price more in the $30 range.

thunderbolt
Jan 2, '14, 12:11 PM
Glad they kept the price down, I seriously wish they could forgo all the packaging and shave a few more bucks off of them .

Astronut
Jan 2, '14, 1:03 PM
Glad they kept the price down, I seriously wish they could forgo all the packaging and shave a few more bucks off of them .

But for many of us, packaging is part of the whole experience. The way FTC is doing them, the figures harken back to the original carded figures. Love it - - especially now that they brought the size of the blister down to a sane dimension. Hope they do that for all figures going forward.

Hedji
Jan 2, '14, 1:41 PM
I would rather they did boxes like their Robin Hood and Knights figures.

Figuremod73
Jan 2, '14, 1:44 PM
I kinda wish we could have them lose or packaged as well. I prefer lose figures. I like to play with them, lol.

Maybe they will sell them like the older Kiss figures later on. I hope so...

thunderbolt
Jan 2, '14, 2:41 PM
But for many of us, packaging is part of the whole experience. The way FTC is doing them, the figures harken back to the original carded figures. Love it - - especially now that they brought the size of the blister down to a sane dimension. Hope they do that for all figures going forward.

Then just glue a blister to the card, no need for the waste of plastic resealable thing if you don't want it. I'd prefer boxes, too.

Astronut
Jan 2, '14, 2:53 PM
Then just glue a blister to the card, no need for the waste of plastic resealable thing if you don't want it. I'd prefer boxes, too.

No one should have to glue or attach anything packaging-related when they purchase a product. It should come in some sort of packaging. If you don't like the packaging, tear the thing apart and toss it.

People who want the backer card/blister can have it their way. If you don't want it, like I said, pitch it. Everybody wins.

Also, the majority of Mego WGSH were sold on blister cards not in boxes. That's probably why FTC is selling them this way. Boxes tend to disappear into the shelves at retail.

As far as the consumer saving money with zero packaging, I'm sure the difference is very little. My guess is $2 or less.

hedrap
Jan 2, '14, 2:59 PM
Have to agree on the box vs cards. I'm sure some people here know the cost factor very well, but I can't believe it's that drastic.

25 is livable from a collector's perspective but not as kids toys. It's a lock at least one body will break. If they piece out the heads ala Kiss figures and add an S body, that's very possible.

thunderbolt
Jan 2, '14, 4:59 PM
No one should have to glue or attach anything packaging-related when they purchase a product. It should come in some sort of packaging. If you don't like the packaging, tear the thing apart and toss it.

People who want the backer card/blister can have it their way. If you don't want it, like I said, pitch it. Everybody wins.

Also, the majority of Mego WGSH were sold on blister cards not in boxes. That's probably why FTC is selling them this way. Boxes tend to disappear into the shelves at retail.

As far as the consumer saving money with zero packaging, I'm sure the difference is very little. My guess is $2 or less.

that's not what I'm saying, FTC should just forgo the stupid clamshell and package them old school Mego style, blister glued to the card. Not saying at all that the consumer should do anything. The consumer shouldn't have to restring or swap out bodies either, but that is happening. Even if it is 2 bucks, its two bucks I'm going to throw in the garbage so I'd rather have the option to not have to buy it. A box with a flap on it like old Mego boxes would be a great alternative. That I would keep.

Iron Mego
Jan 2, '14, 5:07 PM
Speaking of swapping bodies. Just got an EMCE Spock with two right arms. I don't have extra bodies laying around, and probably wouldn't take on restringing on my own if I did, so I had to plop down $15 for a new body from Doc Mego. I shouldn't have to do that, but crap happens.

thunderbolt
Jan 2, '14, 5:11 PM
fifteen bucks? Sounds a bit high.

houseofdracula
Jan 2, '14, 6:12 PM
Speaking of swapping bodies. Just got an EMCE Spock with two right arms. I don't have extra bodies laying around, and probably wouldn't take on restringing on my own if I did, so I had to plop down $15 for a new body from Doc Mego. I shouldn't have to do that, but crap happens.

Same thing happened to me with the EMCE Klingon.

Iron Mego
Jan 2, '14, 6:22 PM
fifteen bucks? Sounds a bit high.

That's what the Trek body costs. Guess I could have bought a regular body, taken off the arm and tried to restring it. But I decided to save my self the work and frustration. Either way, a new body was needed.

Iron Mego
Jan 2, '14, 6:24 PM
Or buy a new body and swap out the lower legs.

Iron Mego
Jan 7, '14, 10:54 AM
Turns out that's exactly what I should have done. The Trek body from Doc was not the same as the DST Trek body. I think he must be casting the black boot part himself now. I ended up having to swap out the lower legs. Should have just bought a regular body. Live and learn.

houseofdracula
Jan 8, '14, 8:36 AM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/r90/1546013_569268429833541_722995060_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q77/s720x720/1535520_569268416500209_178547571_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q84/1505260_569268433166874_1225283027_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q71/s720x720/1517463_569268526500198_590875337_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q71/s720x720/1559679_569268533166864_266780362_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q72/s720x720/1522130_569268553166862_835256419_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/s720x720/1512712_569268593166858_1479508519_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/q73/r90/s720x720/1560488_569268603166857_273171672_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q73/s720x720/1512572_569268613166856_223605232_n.jpg

houseofdracula
Jan 8, '14, 8:36 AM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1/q71/s720x720/1511177_569268683166849_820949060_n.jpg

MIB41
Jan 8, '14, 8:46 AM
Impressive. Most impressive.

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 8, '14, 8:56 AM
Those Robin tunics look NICE. I think the Joker's suit could have been a bit more magenta to match the show, but what the hey.

What are the green jackets for?

Chris

nobody
Jan 8, '14, 9:15 AM
I'm having trouble figuring out what some of those outfits go to.

Legend of Link
Jan 8, '14, 9:33 AM
What are the green jackets for?

Chris

I'd say for the joker as seen in their teaser pics.

nobody
Jan 8, '14, 9:41 AM
What pic has a green jacket? I'd believe a riddler suit variant 1st.

Legend of Link
Jan 8, '14, 9:49 AM
What pic has a green jacket? I'd believe a riddler suit variant 1st.

I THINK it's an under shirt, not a jacket.
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/c584d01049ef056b9f580c748f19a18e.jpg

Hedji
Jan 8, '14, 10:52 AM
Those look really swell. Especially the Robin tunic.

SpaceAgent
Jan 9, '14, 8:56 PM
FWIW, EE has these up for preorder now; saves the shipping costs.

MIB41
Jan 9, '14, 9:55 PM

Who is FWIW? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation.

PNGwynne
Jan 9, '14, 10:03 PM
For Whomever Is Wondering lol

Iron Mego
Jan 9, '14, 10:04 PM
For What It's Worth.

MIB41
Jan 10, '14, 12:23 PM
Thanks! Very slooooowly finding my way through the abbreviated world.

megomania
Jan 10, '14, 1:07 PM

Thanks for the tip, just pre-ordered.

-Chris

tllgn
Jan 16, '14, 1:05 AM
This is truly the year of the Bat (66) that is i also pre ordered these ,and Tv show on dvd, announced the series coming out this year on dvd.
and at Comic con here in portland ore ,Adam West & Burt Ward are gonna be there .awesome.

HardyGirl
Jan 16, '14, 11:35 AM
I'm gonna pre-order mine!

houseofdracula
Jan 20, '14, 4:58 PM
Updated photo of Robin.

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1526128_576108092482908_1129578908_n.jpg

The Bat
Jan 20, '14, 5:05 PM
WOW!!!!:drool_y:

Iron Mego
Jan 20, '14, 5:18 PM
Something still seems off on the face sculpt. But it is very Mego-esque in that regard.

thunderbolt
Jan 20, '14, 5:36 PM
wow, can't wait to drive over and pick these up.

boss
Jan 20, '14, 5:40 PM
that card design is horrible. just sayin'.

thunderbolt
Jan 20, '14, 5:43 PM
that card design is horrible. just sayin'.

you said it, mines just going in the trash anyway. I plan to liberate my dolls.

dr_cyclops
Jan 20, '14, 6:09 PM
that card design is horrible. just sayin'.OMG! That card art looks like the word 'card' if you reversed the middle letters and rotated the 'd' 90%. It makes their retro Batman card look fantastic by comparison.

Toyroom's design is masterpiece. Hope it fits in the FTC clamshell.

thunderbolt
Jan 20, '14, 6:15 PM
OMG! That card art looks like the word 'card' if you reversed the middle letters and rotated the 'd' 90%. It makes their retro Batman card look fantastic by comparison.

for a second there I thought you meant carp. :)

Figuremod73
Jan 20, '14, 6:40 PM
Updated photo of Robin.

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1526128_576108092482908_1129578908_n.jpg

It looks more like a mego on card. Love the details on his uniform.

Zemo
Jan 20, '14, 7:03 PM
wow, can't wait to drive over and pick these up.

Do they have a store over in Tampa?

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 20, '14, 7:27 PM
Yeah, that packaging is...it's not good. Look how small the Batman logo is. Why show Robin with an accessory he's never going to come with (the gas mask)? Better to show one really great image of Ward as Robin, make the logo huge, and give him a background color his costume will pop off of, not into.

Fail on the packaging, but I'm going to open mine anyhow.

Chris

sprytel
Jan 20, '14, 7:28 PM
OMG! That card art looks like the word 'card' if you reversed the middle letters and rotated the 'd' 90%. It makes their retro Batman card look fantastic by comparison.

I knew you guys would have a change of heart on those retro Batman cards!

MIB41
Jan 20, '14, 7:42 PM
Updated photo of Robin.

HOLY WOW!!! Better than my Mego dreams. FTC ... well done gentlemen! :clap::clap:

Brown Bear
Jan 20, '14, 8:04 PM
Cannot wait for these guys!

hedrap
Jan 20, '14, 8:32 PM
Honestly, the sculpt keeps going down a notch, but the suit detail is great.

The Toyroom
Jan 20, '14, 8:33 PM
Bwah ha ha! Worst FTC card EVER? Geez Louise, that's freakin' poor...

Goblin19
Jan 20, '14, 9:31 PM
The face sculpts, other than Joker, are just okay. The outfits look nice. I hope the sculpts improve a bit. I'm still in for them.

CrimsonGhost
Jan 20, '14, 10:23 PM
Boy, there's some strangeness there. I'm waiting until there are some really good photos to decide if I want to order.

I thought I did, now I'm not sure.

HardyGirl
Jan 20, '14, 10:29 PM
Maybe it's just a bad photo, but Robin looks like he's about to cry.

madmarva
Jan 20, '14, 10:54 PM
Love the boots and gloves. Tunic and cape looks nice too. I'm not going to praise the card design, but I like the stills so much better than the art DC supplied for the Remegoes.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Jan 21, '14, 3:09 AM
Looks good to me. I wouldn't want the card to look too great as I would have too much trouble freeing him from it! I hope like heck this lines does well, especially with Batman running on TV in reruns and the dvd set that is soon to come. These figures would have been a dream come true to me as a kid (and I only ever got to see the TV movie version when I was a kid. Not a new episode every week!). I love the costume details. Brilliant job.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Jan 21, '14, 3:20 AM
Looks good to me. I wouldn't want the card to look too great as I would have too much trouble freeing him from it! I hope like heck this lines does well, especially with Batman running on TV in reruns and the dvd set that is soon to come. These figures would have been a dream come true to me as a kid (and I only ever got to see the TV movie version when I was a kid. Not a new episode every week!). I love the costume details. Brilliant job.
Yikes, talking about this reminded me of when I watched this travesty at 9 years old...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_the_Superheroes

thunderbolt
Jan 21, '14, 3:20 AM
Do they have a store over in Tampa?

Its more like in Oldsmar where they are based. I asked them if I could pick them up and they said yeah. Save shipping and I will get to check the place out.

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 21, '14, 6:10 AM
I hope it's the photo, because the head looks to have that BBP waxy complexion. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but I really dislike that look. Mego often went too tan, but some of the new ReMegos go too far the other way, in my opinion.

The costume looks GREAT. The level of detail is really nice, and I like the colors. I just hope the face color is more...fleshy.

There is no helping that packaging. Their Mego repro packaging would have been better suited to this line, if this is the best they could do.

Chris

The Toyroom
Jan 21, '14, 7:39 AM
I think traditionally Burt Ward's likeness has been hard to capture in a sculpted piece...He's no Adam West...

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 21, '14, 8:17 AM
Burt had a very generic, smooth face. Kind of like Shatner, in a way. Makes it hard to capture.

Chris

MIB41
Jan 21, '14, 8:29 AM
I think the side lighting in that photograph is giving Robin the transparent register on the head. It's certainly erasing features on the face, so it's a tough read to see everything that is there (or not there). But that outfit is a complete homerun. Really well done. Does anyone know if those gloves are plugged into the arms or do they actually fit over existing hands?

CrimsonGhost
Jan 21, '14, 9:06 AM
^^They are plugged in to the arms. They are way too small to fit over hands. They look too small in general.

mego
Jan 21, '14, 9:59 AM
I'm pretty impressed. Good job FTC.

Iron Mego
Jan 21, '14, 10:03 AM
Burt had a very generic, smooth face. Kind of like Shatner, in a way. Makes it hard to capture.

Chris

This is a good point. The picutures on the card kind of attest to that very fact.

jayraytee
Jan 21, '14, 2:03 PM
Yikes, talking about this reminded me of when I watched this travesty at 9 years old...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_the_Superheroes

Anything with Ruth Buzzi in the cast HAS to be good.

Hedji
Jan 21, '14, 3:07 PM
I'm hoping the waxy look is somewhat due to the lighting. It's not a great picture, so I'm hoping it'll look better in hand. Disappointed to see the over-application of lip paint, but it's no dealbreaker. Quite honestly, I can't wait to get these babies in my hands. It's okay to pick nits and criticize, but at the end of the day, I can't believe we're getting these! Hot Diggity!!!

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 21, '14, 4:04 PM
I am super excited for these as well. They seem to have brought their A-game with the costuming, and some of the sculpts. I'm hoping that the waxy issues for Robin are just the photo.

I'm not going to give them a pass on ugly packaging or crappy bodies though. The Cast-A-Way guys have proven a small operation can create a totally satisfying package, without making the customer compromise with new bodies, custom packaging, etc.

I'm super-excited about their licenses, and am happy to see them make strides past their early mistakes, but the bar for ReMegos has been set very high, often by folks with far less financial backing.

Chris

enyawd72
Jan 22, '14, 6:37 AM
Folks bashing the card art for these should know, this design was more than likely mandated by DC themselves, and all they would approve. ALL the 66 Batman toy packaging has been ugly, using the same terrible color schemes, line art and photos.
The box for the beautiful 1/4 scale NECA figure was absolutely hideous. Note the grotesque orange color, TINY Batman logo, boring and uninspired font, and horrible new DC logo...

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 22, '14, 8:08 AM
^I've actually liked the Mattel stuff, for the most part. Those packages don't seem phoned in. This does. And NECA's is hideous, you're right. Not sure why the green from the end title cards wasn't used more...

Chris

mego
Jan 22, '14, 9:33 AM
I'm sure that DC does indeed have standards that are required for the packaging (color, font, logos, etc), but how the designer organizes those things is up to the individual designer. That being said, FTC's graphic design is consistently poor quality. (These figures look really good.. just talking package design here) The words on the Robin package seem random and unconsidered. The NECA box above is an example of a box design that looks designed. Yeah, those colors are ugly and the icons are old and clunky, but that's the aesthetic DC chooses to use.

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 22, '14, 9:54 AM
^Yes. My understanding is DC provides style guide files with artwork, swatch colors, backgrounds, etc., but each licensee can assemble them as they chose, provide they get DC's approval.

This packaging looks like CTVT's early phoned-in designs from nearly a decade ago, honestly. Their Mego repro packaging is much better. Not fantastic, but as you put it, looks designed.

Chris

boss
Jan 22, '14, 11:10 AM
Earth 2 Chris and mego above are correct. Everybody was given the same crappy components to work with. However, CTVT put little effort in designing the overall look of the packaging. There is a way to design that makes the whole greater than the sum of the parts. The design choices here are about at a junior high level. I qualify that statement by saying that I spent nearly 20 years in advertising (several of which involved creating ads that had to follow strict manufacturer style guides regarding color choices, art elements, size of logo, etc. I ended my career as a Creative Director who would have fired the designer that submitted that package art). This design is beyond bad.

enyawd72
Jan 22, '14, 1:16 PM
Earth 2 Chris and mego above are correct. Everybody was given the same crappy components to work with. However, CTVT put little effort in designing the overall look of the packaging. There is a way to design that makes the whole greater than the sum of the parts. The design choices here are about at a junior high level. I qualify that statement by saying that I spent nearly 20 years in advertising (several of which involved creating ads that had to follow strict manufacturer style guides regarding color choices, art elements, size of logo, etc. I ended my career as a Creative Director who would have fired the designer that submitted that package art). This design is beyond bad.

It's a matter of opinion though...I'm an artist myself, and honestly, while neither are good I find the FTC cardback slightly more attractive than the NECA box.

David Lee
Jan 22, '14, 1:21 PM
I wasn't gonna pile on, but I do have to say they could have done way better on the Card artwork. Sure the licensor gives you guidelines, but as the manufacturer you may have to push them a bit for the sake of YOUR product. This looks phoned in... The figures look nice thugh, love that Joker... Oh well good thing somebody makes great looking aftermarket cards.

Dave

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 22, '14, 1:27 PM
^Yeah, I don't mean to be overly negative, because these guys have some great stuff going on here. I just wish they'd put an equal amount of effort into the packaging.

Chris

Hedji
Jan 22, '14, 1:56 PM
The figures look nice thugh, love that Joker...

Couldn't help but think of the 1989 Smilex Commercial... "Love that Joker!" :smiley1:

boss
Jan 22, '14, 5:06 PM
Yeah, but I was paid for my opinion. ;-)

megocrazy
Jan 22, '14, 6:54 PM
These look promising, but I'll wait for the released product to be reviewed, so my hopes aren't thrown off the cliff to the jagged rocks below.

dr_cyclops
Jan 23, '14, 12:34 AM
The design choices here are about at a junior high level. I qualify that statement by saying that I spent nearly 20 years in advertising (several of which involved creating ads that had to follow strict manufacturer style guides regarding color choices, art elements, size of logo, etc. I ended my career as a Creative Director who would have fired the designer that submitted that package art). This design is beyond bad.Thank you! It saddens me to think that someone got paid for this design. While I'm very pleased with these figures, it's hard to imagine how they allowed this wreck of a design to spotlight this MAJOR investment of their new lines.:yeah: Nice figures though.:grin:

comicmike
Mar 3, '14, 4:10 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1979687_598912020202515_1871107312_n.jpg
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1896952_598911973535853_1783260509_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1460000_598912030202514_1280546560_n.jpg
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1897703_598912176869166_865489382_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1969206_598912163535834_1029004395_n.jpg

JediJaida
Mar 3, '14, 5:12 PM
Oh Lord! I really, really REALLY hate to be a Debbie Downer, but it looks NOTHING like Frank Gorshin!!!!

They managed to nail Cesar's sculpt beautifully, and from what I can see under the cowl, Adam West's as well.

I hope to God that this is only a prototype and that they fix the sculpt.

Brown Bear
Mar 3, '14, 5:12 PM
Awesome, thanks for the sneak peaks.

The Bat
Mar 3, '14, 5:20 PM
Oh Lord! I really, really REALLY hate to be a Debbie Downer, but it looks NOTHING like Frank Gorshin!!!!

No you're not, your RIGHT! It looks nothing like Frank Gorshin. Sadly, I'll be passing on this figure.:down:

pmwasson
Mar 3, '14, 5:30 PM
I don't know, it looks pretty close to me:

http://i.imgur.com/PxFcvkE.png

The shape of the head, ears, chin and mouth all look pretty good. I'll wait to see it in person to pass judgement.

boss
Mar 3, '14, 5:37 PM
I already see one body that's had an arm pop off because it's strung too tight.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 3, '14, 5:49 PM
I already see one body that's had an arm pop off because it's strung too tight.

Looks like the ones on the green area are finished, the ones next to them they are still working on.

thunderbolt
Mar 3, '14, 5:49 PM
It looks like they are using the Evel Kenevel style gloved hands. I was hoping the black shoes would go away, tho. I agree with Paul, it looks like Gorshin. Interesting that the Bat-Buckle is a separate piece.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 3, '14, 5:50 PM
I don't know, it looks pretty close to me:

http://i.imgur.com/PxFcvkE.png

The shape of the head, ears, chin and mouth all look pretty good. I'll wait to see it in person to pass judgement.

Looks like they needed to make the sculpt be smiling bigger like Frank did in the series, that's all.

thunderbolt
Mar 3, '14, 6:09 PM
Looks like they needed to make the sculpt be smiling bigger like Frank did in the series, that's all.

looking at that pile of bodies in China, I'd say that is the final sculpt.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 3, '14, 6:20 PM
looking at that pile of bodies in China, I'd say that is the final sculpt.

Agreed, it's definitely done. I'll be buying as soon as it's on sale.

JediJaida
Mar 3, '14, 7:26 PM
Nope, he looks like he's doped out on something to me.

Here's hoping that the maskless version will actually nail the sculpt.

mego
Mar 3, '14, 7:36 PM
I highly doubt that we're looking at a table of prototypes.

Earth 2 Chris
Mar 3, '14, 8:06 PM
Gorshin's in there, but it's not a homerun. The Romero and Egghead look spot-on. The Batman looks good as well. Not sure on Robin, I need to see better pics.

Chris