Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Altered the Gigantic Clamshells For Mad Monsters, KISS, Etc?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Astronut
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 21, 2010

Has Anyone Altered the Gigantic Clamshells For Mad Monsters, KISS, Etc?

Just curious if anyone has come up with a way to alter or reduced the size of these ridiculously ginormous clamshells — while still being able to keep them from flipping open/coming apart completely? Seems to me there must be a way.

I think they reduced the size of the clamshell for the WGSH Batman lines though, am I right?

I was thinking of slicing the left and right sides of the material off with an X-Acto and maybe even left and right portions at the top, leaving the center with the peg hook zone intact. These things are way too bulky in size, drives me crazy.

Any thoughts?
  • Astronut
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 21, 2010

This is what I was thinking of doing. I know it would technically make the item altered/not 100% original but I kinda don't care.

Comment

• Astronut
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 21, 2010

Just thought of something. Maybe I buy FTC's smaller-size clamshells for carded figures and swap them out? Would those work? Probably not for KISS though, I'm thinking...
      Last edited by Astronut; Dec 17, '13, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• ubermanx
        Career Member
        • Jul 3, 2013

I ordered a blue hair Frankenstein recently and have a few different clamshells lying around. I'll let you know what I find.

- Marty

Comment

• silveralex
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 22, 2012

The batman series 1 clams are great IMO. they open at the top instead of 1 of the sides and are sleeker overall. They also have spaces for their feet at the bottom , which makes the figures fit nicely.

They even have little tabs to put cards in the back , but outside the clam (you can also put them inside)

Only drawback is that they are a wee bit small for 10x7 cards-
          And that I'm not sure you can order them separately from the figures.

Comment

• Astronut
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by silveralex
            The batman series 1 clams are great IMO. they open at the top instead of 1 of the sides and are sleeker overall. They also have spaces for their feet at the bottom , which makes the figures fit nicely.

They even have little tabs to put cards in the back , but outside the clam (you can also put them inside)

Only drawback is that they are a wee bit small for 10x7 cards-
            And that I'm not sure you can order them separately from the figures.
            Yeah, I agree with you... I just got my set and wow, they nailed it - - finally. Love the packaging... this is the right way to do it.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎