• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickD
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 31, 2011

I challenge members on here to

post one POSITIVE comment on here regarding the new FTC retro Megos

Find one thing and post it. Leave the negative comments out of this thread.

The cards for these are awesome! I love them. They hit it out of the park with the packaging in my opinion.
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

That they are being made at all ... this is a huge positive for us all IMHO ...

But pushing the "don't post negatives" line a little. I just wish they were just THAT much better. 80% perfect is so much better than 0℅ but I see nothing wrong hoping for 85% - 95%.

- Marty

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I think the screening on the costumes is terrific!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wise4671
        Banned
        • Aug 11, 2007

I love that they painted the mask on Robin flat while using a gloss paint on the hair. I really like the dark blue that was used on Batman. The Joker just looks AWESOME so close to the real thing you have to ask yourself is it live or Memorex :-) I think its GREAT that they are offering up Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson so early in the line giving those that cant shell out big bucks the opportunity to own these figures. From the pics Catwoman looks really close to the real deal (Thank You for not changing anything on her and keeping with the "exact replicas" format). All in all I LOVE that these figures are being made and I will continue to buy them as long as they keep making them.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I love everything about these guys! THESE are the way I remember mego's more than any other re-mego attempt thus far. WGSH are back!! I cannot wait to see my kids open series 1 under the tree this year. Once FTC releases Alfred and other "never before" released figures, this line is gonna take off, hopefully for a VERY long time!!
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

I think I've posted a lot of positives in earlier posts already. Despite my grousing, I'm excited to get Evel Knevel. The outfit looks really nice. And I like the LOVE GUN and '73 KISS figures quite a bit. Again the outfits are really well crafted and I like the scaled down 12" Mego bodies and heads. I'm hoping one of our fine members gets a set of those DRESSED TO KILL figures and gives us a review, because I'm interested in those as well.

I give Figures credit for making rolling changes. I know you can't control it all, and I'm sure they get things back from the factory that are not what they expected. It happens to every company. So when the 1st series of KISS came back and the waist was loose and the outfit was staining the figure, they added notches to the torso and changed the way they do the outfits to minimize any staining. So kudos for making changes.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^Alfred is a good choice IMO for fans and should do be great from FTC in terms of their production: Their new heads have been good, and Alfred's costume is basically a variation of Joker's--which they have done well.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• houseofdracula
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 11, 2011

The only problem that I have is the look of the new Penguin.

I think the first four (Batman, Robin, Joker and Riddler) are great!
                I don't play with my dolls, I stand them on a shelf as decoration so I haven't had any problems with breaking or anything.
                I think they look fantastic, no issues at all.
                I think the bodies are FAR better than the Retro KISS series that I bought and had to replace the bodies.
                The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I have series one coming for Christmas and series two will come out of my own pocket. No compliment speaks like the acceptance of the almighty dollar.

Comment

• silveralex
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 22, 2012

Love my series 1 figs. Great colors - especially Bats and Joker. They have really made me excited to see what's next.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                      That 80's guy
                      • Jul 27, 2011

The colors are nice and vibrant and I would have loved to have had the opportunity to collect them in the early '80s as a kid.

I only hope for the best from this and hope they can pull off MARVEL and other popular brands in the future.

If any grip its that I wish they were sold at Toys R' Us and Wal-Mart, kids would love them and see how boring modern toys have become.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 23, 2011

I love the fact that I have them at all. As mentioned before the colors are extremely bright and eyecatching.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Easy! Roto-cast heads and MINT condition costumes & accessories alone are worth it to me! FTC has my money!
                          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Every time I look at these figures I grin from ear to ear like an eight year old. That means they're doing their job.

Comment

• Zemo
                              Still Smokin'
                              • Feb 14, 2006

Glad for them all!! Can't wait to see more.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎