X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobcat
    • Mar 17, 2008

MEGO Playsets: the ones I never saw in toy stores

Fellow MEGO lovers,

As a boy in the 1970s, the only MEGO play sets we ever came across in the stores were the USS Enterprise Bridge/Carrying case, and some of the Planet of the Ape play sets.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone out there who (as a child) got their hands on the Hall of Justice, the Batcave, and the Wayne Penthouse.
    Do you recall -

Were they well made?
    Did you have fun with them?
    Were they durable?

Bob
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Had some then have quite a few more now... The Wayne foundation's "foundation" is very sturdy very well made in my opinion the furniture on the other hand well it was made out of plastic and well kids and plastic... You can guess the rest. The bat cave/ Ape Village/ action Jackson lost continent were made from cardboard and plastic so once again how rough you were. But all in all they were good products.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I only had the Batcave and Emerald City as a child--I liked them & they held up well, but I wasn't usually hard on my toys.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

As a child I got a hall of justice with a super girl in it and an enterprise . My brother had a tree house. Saw the bat cave but don't recall having it. I have the Wayne foundation , enterprise, hall of justice , Wayne foundation , tree house , fortress and emerald city . They are all pretty durable.

Comment

• silveralex
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 22, 2012

Had a batcave and an Enterprise.

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

These are great questions but I bet you'd get more responses if you put this thread over in the Mego Fact forum, just a suggestion
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎