• Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

TV Super Heroes by Alex Ross

From an upcoming book by TwoMorrows:

FIRST LOOK: ALEX ROSS AGE OF TV HEROES COVER - NEWSARAMA

I have to agree George is a little off. Not horrible and I can tell who it is, but not dead on like the others. Better than I can do though.

Book looks to be a winner. When has TwoMorrows ever let us down?

Chris
    sigpic
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Cool!

Whatever happened to Jackson Bostwick's "Shazam!" book that Alex Ross was supposed to be helping with?
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Upon closer reflection, that does look like George. Season 1 George. Maybe it's the fact that it's in color. It's a slightly more romanticized version of George, but hey, why paint him if you want a photograph?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

I wish he'd have gone with Reeves smiling, he had a great Superman smile.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Man, where's the Flash?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Just guessing but they probably went with the DC guys because they are the most recognizable out of the TV super-heroes (besides Lou Ferrigno's Hulk). And I wonder if a Marvel/DC cover would've been off-limits because of rights issues between the Big Two. You could argue that Shazam doesn't belong up there with the other three but I know Ross is a big fan of the show, plus it mirrors the characters he used in the tabloid editions he did with Paul Dini.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Wow That's sweet I'd love that framed Poster size!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Thats by far the best WW he has ever drew or painted. maybe because it's Lynda Carter's likeness. Damn, is she hot,.. I think he added some bust size to her likeness though.

I wish Chris Reeves was represented,.. he was my Superman.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Flynne
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  Just guessing but they probably went with the DC guys because they are the most recognizable out of the TV super-heroes (besides Lou Ferrigno's Hulk). And I wonder if a Marvel/DC cover would've been off-limits because of rights issues between the Big Two. You could argue that Shazam doesn't belong up there with the other three but I know Ross is a big fan of the show, plus it mirrors the characters he used in the tabloid editions he did with Paul Dini.
                  But "The Flash" is a DC character as well. There's still room for a John Welsey Shipp in the picture.
                  An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

I'm thinking the Flash isn't as iconic a TV show as the Big Three...and I think he just threw Shazam in there because of personal preference.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      Alan Scott is the best GL
                      • Aug 8, 2007

maybe it's becuase all these shows were ON when he was a boy in rerun or first run.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                        Alan Scott is the best GL
                        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                        Thats by far the best WW he has ever drew or painted. maybe because it's Lynda Carter's likeness. Damn, is she hot,.. I think he added some bust size to her likeness though.

It may be the anlge Lynda actually is well endowed and in the day the corset only made them more inpressive with her tiny waist

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight

Never cared for Christopher Reeve as Supes. He was a bit to dainty. George gave the impression of a working class guy. He was believable busting thru walls and bending up the guns of 50's thugs.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ You think that way ,. & I think the way I do Because of the age gape between us. When I was a Boy,.. Chris was Superman.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^^ Umm, I was 12 when Superman the movie came out.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎