X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Roadstars:1999

Road stars were a fun little series of cheap diecast vehicles that used popular licenses like Spider-Man, Archie, Hogan's Heroes (!) and Space:1999.

There is a lot wrong with this card, in today's world these would all have to be shipped back to the manufacturer or destroyed. First, Space:1999 isn't a Hanna Barbera production, secondly, this isn't a Hawk transporter, it's an Eagle. Hawks were only used in one episode and LJN never made one. They did however make the moon buggy and an alien craft from a memorable episode, more on those later.

Rack Toys: Cheap, Crazed Playthings is a limited edition 144 page book from the creator of Plaid Stallions. We're offering a big bundle at the Mego Museum mall that includes Rack Toys and other items at a terrific price, it makes a great Christmas present!
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

From what I heard, Hanna Barbara did handle the USA licensing of Space:1999, although it still should be ATV licensing credited on the package. This is not the only Space:1999 thing that is marked HB.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

IMG_5848.jpg
      I had posted a question about these a few months ago as I was curious about the HB branding myself. I've had the two I had since I was a kid, and I would have sworn I got them from a bin full of them at a Woolworth's, but I would assume that if there was a card made, then there wouldn't be loose ones like that, especially since the gray part comes off very easily.
      It's all good!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎