X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Wishbook-A-Rama!

Seeing as it's December (which I'm actually surprised about, seriously where the hell did November go?) and this site is about catalogs, I am launching "Wishbook-A-Rama". Each week I'll post different Christmas catalog spreads, some you've seen, some you haven't and we can all make our respective wish lists. This will be combined with the usual Fashion mockery, rack toys and podcastery. I'll even have a Cyber Monday special for the first time in my life.

Enjoy and happy holidays.

-bRaIN

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Love it! I have 3 Christmas catalogs from the 70s, (Eaton's '71, JCPenney's '73 and Montgomery Wards '74) and I also love looking at the Wishbook photos on Flickr. This is gonna be fun!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Sounds cool! I used to love it when the new Sears Wishbook came in. I would gaze longingly at the toy pages for a long time. I probably still have some of the pages burned in my brain...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I vividly recall rushing home from school in September hoping beyond hope that the Sears Catalog (what we called the Wishbook) would come in. My mom bought 90% of our Christmas through our local Sears, which was a catalog store.

Looking forward to this!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• TomStrong
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2011

Holy cow, I went to Flickr and yahoo images after reading this thread and totally overdosed on catalogue pages!! Gods I remember pouring over those pages as a kid and stressing out about what santa would bring me for Christmas. Wish I had kept some.

Comment

• msenger76
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 3, 2009

Every kid in our neighborhood had a blue snaggletooth because of the sears wishbook. we actually thought the red one was the special one because nobody had him

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎