X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

2012 Mad Monsters.

Currently available at CTVT is a loose set of Frank, Drac, Wolf and Mummy from their 2012 release for $30 before shipping. $7.50 each attracted me way over $14.99 on card and fleshed out the shipping cost of my last order.
    Wow! I expected extensive repair work. These 2012 bodies are a great improvement over the India production. This is most evident in the arms and legs. Nevertheless, they are not without their problems.
    Aside from needing the 'MM standard tutorial restringing', Frank and Wolf both needed new torsos due to the old 'shoulder hole too big on the torso' problem. I switched them out for India productions. The 2012 torsos have a smooth pelvic plug, that needs masking-tape to hold a pose. (CTVT's teen male body has the same problem.) Adding the India produced torso/pelvis eliminates the need for masking tape.
    Frank's head needed some clean up work around his neck-plug, but that could be a problem with my casting and not the CTVT mold.
    Over-all, I am so happy with this purchase, and the skills available here to make these dolls, so much better. These guys, are ready for years of play.
  • Jason73
    Correctamundo!
    • Jan 11, 2009

I've been thinking about picking a set up too. Thanks for the rundown.
    Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Can't argue about the price that's for sure.
      I like the universal monsters emce did way better but I did pick up a loose set of knights and western heroes.
      I would have been better off getting the complete set of knights,westerns and pirates for $109 though.
      Now I'm working on picking up some kiss stuff.
      Great figures you got and nice poses.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

I agree that the EMCE Universal Monsters are in a league of their own.
        As a kid I only had one of the original Mego Mad Monsters , the Human Wolfman. I had never seen such a hidious werewolf, and had to have him. Wishing some day I would get the other three. Never happen. Worse, shortly after getting the Wolfman, and visiting at a friend's house. I laid him too close to the hampster cage and he lost two fingers on his right hand.
        For the small cost and little effort, I'm extremely pleased with this repro set.
        I'm going to put Blackbeard boots on my Wolfman.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

Hey thanks for the info ,i bought a set last year ,but kept them packaged ,so i ordered this loose set for display .

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

How are the costumes? Their first run on Dracula the costume was "super tight" and even cause the silkscreen colors to crack.
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Judging by pix, I'd say the costumes have improved somewhat. The cut of Drac's cape is still off, but his suit looks better. The tights seem to fit better.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
                How are the costumes? Their first run on Dracula the costume was "super tight" and even cause the silkscreen colors to crack.
                The bodysuits are a snug fit. Drac's has the added problem of the arm-pit area sewn too low. Perhaps an experienced seamstress could fix it. Silk-screening is holding up well.
                Wolf's grey stretch-pants are really snug fit. Mummy bodysuit is great fit (although it took me a second try to get the added wrap on correctly). Frank's pant legs are so tight that they don't fit over the top of his work boots.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

I know I'll pick up a set sooner or later.
                  Wolfman and Mummy are just to awesome not to.
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• greensavage2000
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 9, 2013

I have an original Wolfman and Franky and thought about getting the CTVT Drac and Mummy. I would rather have all four loose for 30 than two carded. I can't find the 4 loose deal on the website though. I looked on CTTV and the Figures site. If someone could direct me I'd appreciate it. I did find on the CTVT site a deal for the playset and the four loose for 79.99. Without the figures it's 69.99. Seems like a good deal if you're wanting to go all in. Here's the link for that deal:

Can anyone give a brief review of that playset. I'd appreciate that too. Thanks

Comment

• greensavage2000
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 9, 2013

Ok I'm an idiot. I found the 4 loose deal on the website. I still hope someone can review that playset. Thanks

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Here's the four for $30 link

http://www.classictvtoys.com/madmons...e2012-2-1.aspx

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎