Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vkky
    • Nov 30, 2013

Yvonne - Loose Leg How to fix?

Just got my Yvonne doll today from Zica, really, really pleased with her, but she does have a loose left leg. (right leg completely fine) If held by torso and tilted teh left leg will flop left to right from the hip, and unless the thigh is vertical to the pelvis it just seperates from the body. Not good when I want her for riding Breyer Model Horses. Is there anyway to fix this? As i'm not sure if the socket is to big on the leg or the ball peg is to small or whats causing the issue. Thanks in advance

Vkky
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by vkky
    Just got my Yvonne doll today from Zica, really, really pleased with her, but she does have a loose left leg. (right leg completely fine) If held by torso and tilted teh left leg will flop left to right from the hip, and unless the thigh is vertical to the pelvis it just seperates from the body. Not good when I want her for riding Breyer Model Horses. Is there anyway to fix this? As i'm not sure if the socket is to big on the leg or the ball peg is to small or whats causing the issue. Thanks in advance

Vkky
    Hi Vkky,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue with the leg. Give me your shipping address or the PayPal transaction ID number via PM and I'll get a replacement figure sent to you asap. One thing you might try is applying super glue to the surface of the ball joint and letting it dry. Once it does, try seeing if the leg has a tighter fit. What you're basically trying to do is build up the surface area of the ball joint so that it's larger. Hopefully that will work, but regardless, I want to send you a replacement.

Craig

Comment

• vkky
      • Nov 30, 2013

Hi Craig - no need to send a replacement, it wasn't a direct transaction, got her from Utterly Horses Shop here in the uk. Will try the superglue and see if that works and will let you know. Haven't seen any other posts or anything about things like this, and didnt' want to try any suggestions for other figure types before asking as
      I have never done any figure customising /changing before (only Breyer models) so thought would ask here first. Some of the figures and outfits on here are amazing.

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Hi Craig - no need to send a replacement, it wasn't a direct transaction, got her from Utterly Horses Shop here in the uk. Will try the superglue and see if that works and will let you know. Haven't seen any other posts or anything about things like this, and didnt' want to try any suggestions for other figure types before asking as
        I have never done any figure customising /changing before (only Breyer models) so thought would ask here first. Some of the figures and outfits on here are amazing.
        Even if it wasn't a direct transaction I still want to make things right. The choice is yours but I'll be happy to send you a replacement at no charge.

Regards,
        Craig

Comment

• vkky
          • Nov 30, 2013

Originally posted by ZICA
          Even if it wasn't a direct transaction I still want to make things right. The choice is yours but I'll be happy to send you a replacement at no charge.

Regards,
          Craig
          Thanks - if the superglue trick doesn't work will let you know and can take it from there

Comment

• vkky
            • Nov 30, 2013

Hi Craig, Sorry to have taken so long, Been ill, then got caught up with Christmas and New Year - Have tried the superglue in various layers thinking perhaps the one wasn't thick enough giving a day or 2 drying time in between and testing but unfortately it hasn't resulted in fixing the issue. Whenever adopting a riding position the leg just pops of the joint.
            Vkky

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Hi Craig, Sorry to have taken so long, Been ill, then got caught up with Christmas and New Year - Have tried the superglue in various layers thinking perhaps the one wasn't thick enough giving a day or 2 drying time in between and testing but unfortately it hasn't resulted in fixing the issue. Whenever adopting a riding position the leg just pops of the joint.
              Vkky
              Hi Vkky,

Sorry to hear the super glue treatment didnt' fix the problem. Give me your mailing address via PM and I'll ship you a replacement Yvonne figure.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎