X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

I feel like crying!

Hi guys, My name is Jordan and although mego came out way before I was born, I am in love with them.
    I got my first mego set in a 5 & 10 store were they had the pirates. I bouhgt the whole series when I was about 5 but didn't know who they were. Later, when I was about 10, I started researching about them and then found out about the WGSH and Star Trek line. ( I actually loved watching these old shows before I knew about the figs, lol)

Anyway, my parent hate me collecting action figures, they think that they are so stupid an immature.
    So, I never got anymore until now! My grandma gave me a VISA giftcard for my birthday, so I decided to get some Space 1999 action figures from CTVT to be back up crewsman for when I get some Star Trek EMCE figs.
    I ordered Maya, Alan, and Sandra on Sunday and they came in today.

I excitedly opened the box and was so happy. Then I opened Maya and saw how pretty of a fig she was. Then, I started noticing all these weird little things that went wrong with her. Her boot was chipped and her foot was broken. Her body is like a hunchback because the rubberband is so tight that her waist won't go straight and her neck is crooked! I was so disappointed that I honestly felt like crying.
    But, on the good side my Alan and Sandra figs are nice although Sandra has a planet for a head! lol
    My question is are all mego figs so stiff from the rubber bands?
    Do all megos have these rubberbands in them?
    Thanks for the help in advance!
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Yep, all Megos have rubber bands, but no, not all look like hunchbacks. CTVT has had a lot of issues with their bodies, problems neither Mego nor EMCE had/has. And in all honesty, not all CTVT bodies are that bad, sometimes you can get lucky
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thansk, yea my Alan is good, so is my Sandra although she is slithly stiff too. But Maya is so bad, that I feel like throwing her out, which is sad because she has a beautiful scan.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Get yourself a cheap Dorothy from Wizard of Oz and swap bodies
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Iron_fox85
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 14, 2008

for me i'm lucky some figures have some minor problem with clothes...ya know, hole there,,, some not stitched well...the bodies are tight, but, they stand well...so far the only one who can sit proberly and stand with no trouble is davy crockeet. so you'll find some flaws in some of theyre figures, some, no.. best to over look them and just enjoy them.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
            Time to feed the cat
            • Dec 30, 2007

I feel your pain my friend,my ctvt Grimm Reaper's rubber band was broke when I took him out of the package.Funny that toys 30 years old are still good and the new ones are already falling apart in the package.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Hey man,.. switch that Reeper Body to a Skeleton Body . You will be happy you did,.. it makes the figure 100times greater.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                Pat Troughton in disguise
                • Nov 21, 2007

Welcome.....sorry to here about your Maya....maybe she's trying to transform into a frog or something? No doubt you'll get some serious advise from someone here....
                ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

^^^^^ HAHA, but more like she is turning into Quasimodo from Notre Dame!
                  I think that I am going to put her in a skin tight jumpsuit to hold her in place and then just use her as Poison Ivy?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎