X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

I Can't F...ing Believe It!...

A weekend just passed and no one had undressed their Batman Series 1 Figures to review their bodies... C'mmon, we all want to know how the new bodies look/work !!! Well, guess I'm going to have to wait until mine arrive to do so...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I have to agree: I'm shocked no-one has posted side-by-side comparisons of heads, bodies, suits & accessories.

Not to mention all the work which will eventually be needed in MM's Accessory Check, whew!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jason73
      Correctamundo!
      • Jan 11, 2009

FTC Joker body pics

Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I've never been so happy to see a naked clown in all my life. Thanks Jase. Coolamundo!
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

Excellent thanks for posting!!!
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

I can't tell if the head is a little oversized or the body is a little undersized... but something is slightly off... his hips look slender too.

Dave

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^In the past, CTVT bodies were a little smaller than vintage Mego--is this still the case?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Can someone post a close up of the copyright info on the back of the neck? Thanks

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by David Lee
                  I can't tell if the head is a little oversized or the body is a little undersized... but something is slightly off... his hips look slender too.

Dave
                  I think you hit the nail on the head...I think the body is undersized. Positive side of it the bodies don't look as cheap as they used to. The older bodies looked like if you just breathed on them they would break. Still...it is definitely undersized.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                    Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                    • Mar 3, 2010

The better quality certainly LOOKS to be there.
                    Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

They Body dies look slightly smaller, but I'm betting fully dressed it's less noticeable.
                      sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

I think it's a combo of CTVT bodies being a tad smaller, but the heads are certainly longer. You can see it in the comparison shots.

One thing I will always give Doc credit for: his noggins were always in proportion.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 29, 2007

Thank you, Correctamundo! They do look much better than the original CTVT bodies and seem to be of better quality too. So FTC now has the 8" body used in their Kiss figures (pretty much a scale down of Mego's 12" skinny body) and now these used on their WGSH line (pretty much a clone of Mego's Type 2 body)... Interesting... Very interesting... Wait a second... Did I just say WGSH figures? Wow!

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
                            One thing I will always give Doc credit for: his noggins were always in proportion.
                            For the most part yes! But his Bruce Wayne shrunk quite a bit in the re-casting in China. Try putting a cowl on one from an original Mego Batman and you'll see what I mean. The CTVT's one is bigger and much closer to Mego size.
                            sigpic

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

What The Bat says is true!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎