PDA

View Full Version : Superman please please!

zeedox
Nov 23, '13, 6:48 AM
The new Batman toys are amazing!!
I know there's more great stuff on the way.
Please somehow try and get us SUPERMAN!

When I was a kid SUPERMAN was the leader. ;-)

Brown Bear
Nov 23, '13, 7:21 AM
Rest assured, Supe is coming. Trust me. :wink_y:

Ivaniski
Nov 23, '13, 8:33 AM
Hope he (Superman) comes and brings The Flash, Hawkman and Green Lantern with him. :drool_y::drool_y::drool_y:

Jetjungle75
Nov 23, '13, 8:44 AM
Is Shazam also on the cards?

PNGwynne
Nov 23, '13, 9:40 AM
I'm hoping for Superman, Supergirl, & some new foes, particularly Brainiac & Bizarro.

JediJaida
Nov 23, '13, 10:15 AM
I'm hoping for a decent Ra's al Ghul, Black Canary, Batwoman, and some Amazons.

silveralex
Nov 23, '13, 10:19 AM
I'm hoping for Superman, Supergirl, & some new foes, particularly Brainiac & Bizarro.

This would be perfect! Heck, throw in a General Zod, too!

Of the 37 Classic WGSH on the pic below - FTC already has 15 of them (or 17 of 39 if you add in the removable mask versions of Batman and Robin)
If you want take out the 13 Marvel which they (sadly) can't do - they're at 17 of 26 (well more than half) already.
Getting rights to a Superman line alone would get them 4 more.
And this is not counting all the new characters they could do. (Teen Titans, etc)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/abenavides/Mego/wgsh_figures_zps509f1c19.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/abenavides/media/Mego/wgsh_figures_zps509f1c19.jpg.html)

MegoSteve
Nov 23, '13, 10:46 AM
If they do Superman, I'll probably buy a case and roll around in them giggling like a crazy person.

Jason73
Nov 23, '13, 11:24 AM
I asked the guy at FTC a few months ago when I was confirming my Batman order if they plan on making Superman & Wonder Woman.

His answer: Yes

Vinny0026
Nov 23, '13, 11:26 AM
I'm sure they will do them all!! I can't wait!!! so looking forward to them all!! I want a huntress! and a better green lantern than mattel made

chop chop :)

dr_cyclops
Nov 23, '13, 11:29 AM
The original Mego Superman family of only 4 characters is ripe for new characters/villians.;)

silveralex
Nov 23, '13, 11:41 AM
The original Mego Superman family of only 4 characters is ripe for new characters/villians.;)

Definitely, Cyborg Superman, Superboy, Steel, and The Eradicator would be cool. Silver Age Brainiac, Luthor , Parasite, Atomic Skull, etc. Dare we dream?

MegoSteve
Nov 23, '13, 2:28 PM
Even though Mattel did him in their Retro line, I'd think Luthor would have to be in the first wave if they do a strictly Superman line: Superman, Supergirl, Clark Kent, and Luthor. I'd love if they did Lois and Jimmy.

kingdom warrior
Nov 23, '13, 3:03 PM
I'd love a Billy Batson to go with Captain Marvel; oh Hello give me the whole Marvel Family, including Hoppy!!

PNGwynne
Nov 23, '13, 3:21 PM
^ A point well-made is that, with many original WGSH, additional wavee can provide new foes & supporting casts. The initial investment in tooling is pretty flexible later on, just as it was with original Megos.

That's why Alfred is a great idea--the suit is basically a Joker variation, needing only a new head. Like-wise, Commissioner Gordon should not require a huge investment since CTVT already has clothing & labcoat patterns.

Can you imagine a WW wave mimicking the classic 12" line? Or if the Flash is offered, what Rouges Gallery might follow? What fun!

The Bat
Nov 23, '13, 3:59 PM
Hope he (Superman) comes and brings The Flash and Green Lantern with him. :drool_y::drool_y::drool_y:

HELL YEAH!!:drool_y:

madmarva
Nov 23, '13, 5:31 PM
I'd love a Silver age Jor-el and Lara along with the others mentioned.

megonaught
Nov 23, '13, 5:59 PM
Oh all the goodness that is coming.
I can't wait for both old and new megos.

samurainoir
Nov 24, '13, 12:41 AM

This would make me ridiculously happy. As much love as I have for Myx , hewas the odd choice of all the Supes villains to choose from.

EmergencyIan
Nov 24, '13, 11:06 AM
I'd be interested in Shazam and Billy Batson, as well.

Of course, Superman is a necessity.

- Ian

TomStrong
Nov 24, '13, 2:10 PM
I'd love a superman but we need Hawkman, Flash, Green Lantern, anything Mego didn't do. Of course I got all the EMCE.

JediJaida
Nov 24, '13, 2:45 PM
I called them the other day and asked if they were going to do a Supergirl (this is in another post, so sorry if I'm repeating.)

They said possibly.

I asked that they not use the little, bitty slippers for her, as those are the first things to get lost. If they do a silkscreen version, that would be fine.

As long as the tights aren't baggy as heck.

I even asked about fixing the issues with the tights, and he told me that they might not do another run. Emphasis on might.

HardyGirl
Nov 24, '13, 3:18 PM
It would be cool that since they're doing the Batman TV series figures, that they could do the Superman (George Reeves) TV series as well. Then we'd get Perry White, Lois and Jimmy.

MIB41
Nov 24, '13, 3:25 PM
I think FTC doesn't have to worry about the wrestling license being their cash cow anymore. These retro Mego lines are going to be incredibly successful. The sky is the limit.

dr_cyclops
Nov 24, '13, 5:22 PM
I think FTC doesn't have to worry about the wrestling license being their cash cow anymore. These retro Mego lines are going to be incredibly successful. The sky is the limit.I really hope this comes true. In my fantasy world, there are so many different sources for reMegos.
The dr_cyclops reMego Superman line, Wish-List:
Lex Luthor; On a tall fat body, business suit version.
Lois Lane; Sculpted 50s hair with pill-box hat.
Jimmy Olson; on teen size body with camera.
Brainiac; Silver-Age all the way, just like we've seen, all over this museum.
Bizarro; Silver-Age comic version.
Jor-El and Lara; Silver-Age comic versions.
Perry White; Silver-Age comic version.
Superboy and Krypto; Silver-Age comic versions. Superboy on teen size body.
Supergirl; Silver-Age comic version, on a teen female body.
Prankster; On short fat body.
Mr. Mxyzptlk; On child size body.
There are more, but I tried to list the main ones first.
Golden-Age Superman and E2 Superman. E2 Powergirl. Perhaps those need to be lines unto their names, 'Golden-Age', 'Earth-2'. There is little end to the possibilities with the DC license.

drogge
Nov 24, '13, 5:53 PM
Superman is a sure thing, as long as the current sets sell well. Is series 2 of the Retro Batman really coming by years end? I am waiting for my local comic book shop for series 1. I like to support the local shops when possible. But if series 2 is close to hitting land I will preorder so I am not waiting like I am now. The comic shop only gets deliveries each Wednesday, so just 3 more days. I am so jealous of those who already have them in hand.

filmation batman fan
Nov 27, '13, 10:05 PM
As a Mega Super Friends fan, I want Superman to be made as well as Aquaman, and Wonder Woman. If anything, I want Aquaman and Wonder Woman for the same reason I'm hoping for the Flash and Green Arrow, so that all the Super Mentors of the Teen Titans will be available. And speaking of Super Friends, I really wish Figures would acquire that license. As a kid, I wanted Megos of the Wonder Twins and I still do. I would also like to have both Aquaman and Aqualad together. This was the result of watching the 1967 Filmation series.

Since the topic is Superman, I too want a retro Superman and Clark Kent. I also feel we should get Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Bizarro, and Brainiac. I'd also vote in the Toyman from Challenge of the Super Friends.

And if there are anymore Batman characters, I'm hoping for Commissioner Gordon, Two Face, and the Scarecrow.

Those are my votes.

jwyblejr
Nov 28, '13, 12:16 AM
I'd say Jimmy Olsen is a given. They've already got an outfit that looks like the one he wears that they sell.

VintageMike
Dec 6, '13, 10:51 PM
As always the LOD villians top my list Luthor, Brianiac, Toyman and Bizarro, even though I have the Mattel Luthor and awesome Random Axe Bizarro.

Astronut
Dec 6, '13, 11:45 PM
As far as the DC character license goes, once they get the original Mego figures replicated I'd like to see these, done in the same spirit (a.k.a. simple 70's vibe):

* The Flash
* Green Lantern
* Hawkman
* Firestorm
* Black Lightning
* Red Tornado
* Deadman
* Brainiac
* Parasite

There are several other ones I'd personally love to see in addition to those but if FTC gave us the ones above I'd be thrilled and could die a happy man.

Hedji
Dec 7, '13, 4:22 PM
That's a GREAT list. Agreed!

The Bat
Dec 7, '13, 5:10 PM
Ok, if we're doing wish lists...here's my DC one:

Batman(more realistic Neal Adams style)
Robin(Neal Adams)
Green Lantern(Hal Jordan)
Superman
The Flash
Batwoman(new version)
The Huntress
Supergirl(New 52)
Jim Gordon

Villains:
Darkseid
DeathStroke
Harley Quin(Jim Lee Hush version)
Ra’s Al Ghul

Ivaniski
Dec 7, '13, 8:26 PM
Ok, if we're doing wish lists...here's my DC one:

Batman(more realistic Neal Adams style)
Robin(Neal Adams)
Green Lantern(Hal Jordan)
Superman
The Flash
Batwoman(new version)
The Huntress
Supergirl(New 52)
Jim Gordon

Villains:
Darkseid
DeathStroke
Harley Quin(Jim Lee Hush version)
Ra’s Al Ghul

I really like your DC list......I'm hoping they go this route.

LadyZod
Dec 7, '13, 9:27 PM
I'd say Jimmy Olsen is a given. They've already got an outfit that looks like the one he wears that they sell.

Actually, they have the perfect head for Jimmy Olsen too... the orange haired Peter Parker head. First time I saw that head colored like that I said, well look at that, Jimmy Olsen.

The Bat
Dec 8, '13, 9:18 AM
Actually, they have the perfect head for Jimmy Olsen too... the orange haired Peter Parker head. First time I saw that head colored like that I said, well look at that, Jimmy Olsen.

Totally agree! It looks more like Jimmy Olsen than any other character Mego used him for.:yes:

THE FALCON
Dec 8, '13, 9:23 PM
It would be cool that since they're doing the Batman TV series figures, that they could do the Superman (George Reeves) TV series as well. Then we'd get Perry White, Lois and Jimmy.

I would love a George Reeves Megolike Superman!

ovenmitt
Dec 21, '13, 10:41 PM
In 1972 when I was 2 the 8" Superman was my 1st Mego, so of course I want him!

Reissues
Superman
Clark Kent
Supergirl
Mr Mxyzptlk

New
Superboy w/ Krypto
Lois
Jimmy
Perry
Lex Luthor purple/green
Brainiac