• Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Cutting and styling Yvonne's hair

Any advice?

I have to admit, it makes me nervous.

I want to give her bangs. Is there any hair-product that folks would recommend I try and use?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • nobody
    banjo!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Sound wierd but I fabric glued a CTVT heads hair down to her forehead and just cut bangs afterward. It looks great.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

Maybe Craig knows best, but I had terrible luck trying to do this...but I don't know the tricks either.
      The hair is course...
      When I was building my Bride of Frankenstein, the hair design was simple...just collect it all and pull it back.
      Figured I could just hair spray it - nope. hair spray made no effect on the hair at all.
      I tried the warm water methods as I read on doll websites..nope.
      I ended up getting ticked off and grabbed my spray can of clear acrylic sealer, taped off her face, wrapped a small rubber band around the far end and sprayed like a madman.
      Under a fan it setup fairly quick and made a nice shell invisible to the eye. It didn't make her hair look all hard and crispy/shiny either as you'd think.
      Once dry, I broke out the scissors and chopped off at an angle and desired length.
      A couple chunks on the lower side of her bun eventually worked loose, so I just dabbed a toothpick in my glue, wiped across those strands and held them in place.

Comment

• nobody
        banjo!
        • Jan 26, 2012

Here is the pic of glued down bangs. Only way I could find......
        For my Betty Brant and Janet Pym
        [IMG][/IMG]
        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

I wish I could be of some help on this but I honestly have no idea what the best solution is. You might want to try asking this question on the ZICA Facebook page. A lot of customizers from the model horse community post their Yvonne customs there and they might be able to offer some suggestions.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎