Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else remember the game Heroquest?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Anyone else remember the game Heroquest?

It was like a simplified version of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons turned into a board game. It was very fun and came with loads of cool parts and figures to really draw you into the adventure.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

I think I have that game somewhere around here.

Comment

• Red Hulk
      Career Member
      • Dec 19, 2012

Looks like fun.

Comment

• HapSlash
        Tribal Witchdoctor
        • Nov 18, 2009

I use to have it, and it was quite fun. I was pretty heavy into adventure/fantasy games/movies and remember getting it for my birthday or Christmas. I custom painted all of the pieces to make them pop out a bit more, and because it was almost as fun as playing the game! My brother's and I did play it fairly often... until our basement flooded. Which is where we kept most of our games. Lost a lot of stuff that way.
        ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
        HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Around hre we all picked up a set. They were on sale, for really cheap; and the plastic figures are casts of old, hard to find Citadel minis. The figures were our prime concern; it's hard to get minis of the Fimir, and they were a favourite Warhammer foe for us.

The game itself is actually pretty good. It'd be a great intro to tabletop wargaming.

Don C.

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

Yeah here it is. Not sure if it's complete or not. Also found this other game stashed away with it, not sure what it is.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Yes! I still have mine. My friends' never had the attention-span for true role-playing (I had the DC RPG, but could never get them to play it), but HeroQuest was another matter. We went through a short period where this was our new favorite thing. It didn't last, but man it was fun.

My son found it in my closet and wants to get it out and try it. I'm going to have to take him up on it!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                . Also found this other game stashed away with it, not sure what it is.
                Those are Mage Knight pieces.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                My son found it in my closet and wants to get it out and try it. I'm going to have to take him up on it!
                Oh, how cool!

Wish I still had mine. One of sister's ex-boyfriends trashed my HeroQuest and Dragonstrike games ages ago when I loaned them to her.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎