X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Cyclops' X-Force

Man,.. as a Fan of certain "hack & Slash" books if done right, & written well. This looks Promising. Interesting direction,.. given the Mutant Race is all but extinct, & Cyclops is calling the shots now.

"Cyclops' covert wetworks Team Doesn't protect the Dream, They Erase the Threats"
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

A whole team of stabby mutants?? Wow, go House of Ideas!!!
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Whats worse... is the Fact I will buy it.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

I'm glad I don't follow the X-Men anymore...well except for Joss Whedon's "Astonishing X-Men" and that's quickly turning into sludge as well.

Give me the old days (Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne/Austin) when the X-Men were underground and persecuted...instead of today where they're glorified as heroes in the Marvel Universe. I hear one of them is even an Avenger now! Shudder!
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

An interesting direction from the new "House of Ideas" ...
          If you just take the past storys of the X-men, from the 90's,.. & take the Bad direction of the recent marvel ideas out of the mix,. & put everything into continuty... With Cyclops as the leader, he has seriously traveled down a very dark path. Jean is dead. The Professor is no longer a mutant, & he's banging the evil with-in as far as The White Queen, Emma Frost goes. I think he seems abit too far messed up in the head, to run the X-men.

I remember the 90's. The lead-up to EX-ecutioners Song (sp) .. The X-Force ran around & Killed the baddies onsite,.. well that wasn't what the X-men stood for, so with the then government X-Factor, they arrested & captured the X-Force,.. only leaving Cable for Bishop & Wolvie to have a show- down with. The X-Force "way" so to speak,... was done, .. & not continued..

Now with Hardly any Mutants left on Earth, because of the wacked out She- B-tch Scarlett Witch,.. there is need for this new X-Force. The Ironic Perdiciment indeed.

I say throw Cable, Bishop , Gambit & ShatterStar, (Longshot & Dazzler's son ) in the Book.. & You might have a very cool idea.
          Last edited by BlackKnight; Feb 26, '08, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

So... there aren't too many mutants around? Weird. Sounds like they're TRYING to go back to the 70's X-Men. Y'know; where there were relatively few mutants and you could have the team meet up with new ones and slowly build up a cast of characters ready-equipped with histories and backgrounds the reader was familiar with.

Until "Crisis 197 on Infinite Final Secret Civil Countdown to Future Wars."

*sigh*

I dunno; this looks like more of the same sort of "I'm ANGRY!!!" stuff that's populated comics, tv and movies for the last decade. I DO like how they snook the Japanese style swish lines into the art.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
              ^^^ Whats worse... is the Fact I will buy it.
              That's why garbage like that is popular. Guys that have sense buying it cause its got Wolverine or Jim Lee drawing it even tho it sucks eggs.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I'm buying it(and Jim Lee's not even drawing it Joe). I like that Cyclops realize's that times have change...and He needs a new "Elite" Group of X-Men, that will do whatever is needed...even KILL!

I like the speach Wolverine gave Proudstar & Sinclare..."if You do this, there's no turning back...You won't be X-Men anymore. You can stand next to Beast and the rest of Em"...but You won't be X-Men."
                Last edited by The Bat; Feb 27, '08, 6:24 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

The more I look at the pic and hear about X-Men having a "license to kill" I realize I'm getting old and this "black ops" thing ain't for me...

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Plus...I know this has been going on, like, forever but REALLY does Wolverine need to be on EVERY freakin' team? He's in X-Men, X-Force, Avengers plus he has something like 3 "solo" books dedicated to him. They've really ruined the character over the years by making him sooooo mainstream and putting him on lunchboxes and pajamas.

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Well Anthony (regarding Wolverine's "all over the place" popularity)
                      ---art imitates life---power (i.e. popularity) corrupts---and Wolvie is obviously
                      too tasty a character for MARVEL not to "abuse"---so it happens---such is life etc. etc.

The thing is though---and the reason I make this post---is that, hasn't BATMAN
                      (for example) gone thru just about everything --- and what comes around goes around-- ya know?

What I mean is...throughout all the embarrassing stuff BATMAN's gone thru throughout
                      the decades---there ARE times where the characters best qualities (as dictated by the
                      most educated comic book authors and fans) rise to the top---and great comics are
                      STILL created brimming with that "true essence" of the character.

Its really a paradoxical scenario, I think, because the alternative is that WOLVERINE
                      would actually not be that marketable a character and suffer the fate of Aquaman
                      ---and be fumbled and fumbled over again---'til he's relatively languishing in obscurity
                      compared to the first stringers.

In the end, I think WOLVERINE FANS are relatively LUCKY in that context....their hero
                      has alot more potential for great stories BECAUSE of his popularity---the downside
                      being that they have to put up with alotta mediocre WOLVIE stories, and such---
                      hey------as I said above---it could be worse
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        That's why garbage like that is popular. Guys that have sense buying it cause its got Wolverine or Jim Lee drawing it even tho it sucks eggs.
                        I'm not buying the Book because it has Wolverine in it.. & Obviously it isn't drawn by Jim Lee. I am more so wanting to buy the book Based on what I've read as of late in the X-men world, & in the past... & linking this idea to coninuty. I find the idea of the "New X-Force" interesting.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                          I'm not buying the Book because it has Wolverine in it.. & Obviously it isn't drawn by Jim Lee. I am more so wanting to buy the book Based on what I've read as of late in the X-men world, & in the past... & linking this idea to coninuty. I find the idea of the "New X-Force" interesting.

Well said Jason...I Couldn't agree more!

And Huedell makes an excellent point...You can't complain, and punish Wolverine for His popularity. He IS one of Marvels COOLEST Characters...of course They're going to use Him a lot...D'uh! Like You said Huedell...at least He's not suffering poor Aquaman's fate.
                          sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ BTW,.. I got the 1st issue Today.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Just don't run with it, you could trip and poke an eye out. Its soo stabby and pointy.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎