• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Hollywood
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 29, 2012

Lili Ledy 12 Inch Luke Skywalker

Hey there fellow members.

Thought I would share my latest purchase with the group.

Original Lili Ledy 12 Inch Luke Skywalker. Scored it with Buy It Now on Ebay last night. Pardon the photos but they were from the auction.

I know that the doll and all the clothes are original, but I am questioning the boots. Most examples I have seen have the short black plastic boots that were also used for Tusken, and Solo.

HOWEVER....................I could swear I have seen these exact same boots on a stock photo of Lili Ledy Luke in the mid 1990's. I remember thinking to myself at that time....wow looks like "Jack & The Bean Stalk"! Anyone have any info to share?

Otherwise I think he is pretty cool, and I have finally added a 12 inch Lili Ledy Star Wars to the collection!

If you have any to share, please feel free to psot your figures here. Thanks for reading guys!
    $T2eC16hHJHkFFluElZPjBSW)fo2(m!~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16F,!)MFIbzIg7oYBSW)gQnNsQ~~60_57.jpg
    Last edited by Mr. Hollywood; Nov 8, '13, 8:06 AM.
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

I like it better than the Kenner version.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
      Museum Super Collector
      • Nov 29, 2012

Originally posted by Chris
      I like it better than the Kenner version.
      Me too. Just has more of that 70's quirky personalitiy. The head sculpt isn't so girlish....if that makes sense. I really love the Tusken Raider.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Congrats on the purchase, these are some of my favourite toys! I'm afraid I've never seen a Ledy Luke with boots like that, they look homemade. Every one I've ever seen has the short plastic boots based on the Mego Iron Man boot sculpt, usually brown, but sometimes black (not sure if the black ones are the result of someone swapping out the boots or a legit factory variation). That belt and buckle don't look legit either. Here's a closeup of my Luke, his buckle is original but the belt part isn't. Nice pick up!

llluke.jpg

ledygroup.jpg

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
          Museum Super Collector
          • Nov 29, 2012

Originally posted by cjefferys
          Congrats on the purchase, these are some of my favourite toys! I'm afraid I've never seen a Ledy Luke with boots like that, they look homemade. Every one I've ever seen has the short plastic boots based on the Mego Iron Man boot sculpt, usually brown, but sometimes black (not sure if the black ones are the result of someone swapping out the boots or a legit factory variation). That belt and buckle don't look legit either. Here's a closeup of my Luke, his buckle is original but the belt part isn't. Nice pick up!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8980[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8981[/ATTACH]
          Thank you for the congrats!

Ok....now that makes more sense. I thought the boots looked goofy too, but I am wondering what the memory of me thinking I saw a stock photo of a Luke with these boots came from.......who knows.

For the price I paid i'm not too worried about the boots or belt.

Thanks for the info, and posting your for comparison!

Anyone have a replacement set of boots to sell?
          Last edited by Mr. Hollywood; Nov 8, '13, 8:40 AM.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

GAH! sooooo tempting.

Last edited by samurainoir; Nov 8, '13, 7:52 PM.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

The first auction's seller was offering the lot on Rebelscum for $475 yesterday. Not a terrible deal, but take note, three of the figures have non-Ledy clothing. $599 though, not so good of a deal IMO. And that boxed Leia is at least three times what she should go for. She's the most commonly found boxed figure of the set (still not common by any means, there are less than 60 known to exist, but she's probably worth more around $700 boxed at the most these days)

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

I hope it doesn't appear like I'm just being a party pooper in this thread, I'm just really passionate about these toys, and there's not exactly a huge amount of discussion about these online, so I tend to get a bit too geeky when someone brings up the subject.

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Nov 29, 2012

Originally posted by cjefferys
                  I hope it doesn't appear like I'm just being a party pooper in this thread, I'm just really passionate about these toys, and there's not exactly a huge amount of discussion about these online, so I tend to get a bit too geeky when someone brings up the subject.
                  Your 100% correct.

The price on that set is way too high considering 90% of the lot is non Lili Ledy. I saw the sellers add on rebel scum too.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Also a big fan of this line. Not too surprised there were no bites on scum for 475. Probably closer to 350-400. I would want to see better pics of the belts. The raider is an awesome figure and a tough one to pick up.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, I was considering making an offer on the Tusken Raider before I saw that his tunic wasn't authentic. Luke's belt is definitely fake, the buckle on Han looks like it could possibly be legit but it's hard to tell for sure (his belt should be black though, and an authentic Luke belt would be brown with a gold metallic buckle)

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Nov 29, 2012

Quick update....

Figure arrived......great condition. Legs a little loose, but clean no real paint rub. Jack & the beanstalk boots have been removed. The belt appears original with nice patina, and does not appear to have ever been removed. The buckle has remnants of gold paint around. Shirt, and pants original.

So all I need are the boots and saber and he will be 100% complete. Anyone got some to sell?

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Out of ten, finding boots difficulty about a 7. Better odds if you get another incomplete figure that has boots.
                          Finding saber difficulty level - about a 12. . Good luck

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Nov 29, 2012

Originally posted by rche
                            Out of ten, finding boots difficulty about a 7. Better odds if you get another incomplete figure that has boots.
                            Finding saber difficulty level - about a 12. . Good luck
                            Oh yes I know it will be a challenge, but thats what makes this hobby so fun!

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

I need two lightsabers myself, and a chest decal for my Ledy Vader. I've almost given up hope of ever finding these though. As rche says, boots are slightly less tough to find and the incomplete figure route might be the best way (I've seen Ledys for sale that were wearing nothing except their boots, so they are out there)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎