X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Amigos Del Terror

Amigos Del Terror (which translates into "Terror Friends") is an Argentinian off shoot of the Imperial Monsters figures discussed earlier in the day. The main differences are that the figures are blow molded (meaning they're hollow) and they dropped the Wolfman for the line.

While I'm not fond of the Imperial Monsters, I'm gaga for this line, mostly because of this:

This image of the three monsters palling around never fails to bring myself and anyone I show it to pure joy. It's a happiness generator, that's why I collect toys in the first place, so thank you Terror Friends for showing us how to laugh again.

Here's a shot of the Dracula in the series, there are subtle variations between these and their North American counterparts.

Rack Toys: Cheap, Crazed Playthings is a limited edition 144 page book from the creator of Plaid Stallions. Order from us and get three free promotional post cards.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • raycastile
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 11, 2004

These were really rare until recently. It seems there was some kind of find on them, including boxes of loose ones and several carded sets. I bought one set years ago, then another from the recent find. The coolest thing about them is the fact they are blow molded (I love blow mold toys), and the lovable illustration of the amigos.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I love that drawing. Like a bad family portrait where no one wants to be there. You can't make that stuff up!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Poor Frankie. Bad enough he has to deal with getting picked on because of the neckbolts but it looks like he'll get picked on because of those ears as well.

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Very nice. They bond over unspeakable acts of terror.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I still think that card is pure win, how could you not smile when you see it.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎