X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

1995 red card leia

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the average price on a MOC liea from the first run of POTF2 figures is worth on the european card in the uk
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine
  • Access
    Veteran Member
    • May 22, 2013

I dont know about the UK, but over here you may get $2. Those have not done very well over here, the ships do okay, but the figures, not so much

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, there are 1,000s of those in $5 and under boxes at every comic and toy show here in the states. And just think, 15 years ago, fist-fights broke out over these.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Yeah, there are 1,000s of those in $5 and under boxes at every comic and toy show here in the states. And just think, 15 years ago, fist-fights broke out over these.
        When those came out my job was to merchandise department stores. I'd buy everyone I'd find and my friend who owned a comic/toy shop would pay me back. He'd sell them for exactly what he paid at a limit of 2 per customer. It was a nice way to stick it to the other scalping shops.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I personally dig the 1995-1999 POTF2 figures and I had fun collecting them.

It was a simpler time. It was Star Wars collecting before the dark times. Before Phantom Menace. Nothing but classic trilogy as far as the eye could see and other than the inexcusably bad Princess Leia, the rest were actually pretty cool for the time. Everything was extreme in the 90s so a pumped up Luke really didn't look that out of place on the pegs and actually reminded me a lot of how the characters looked like in the 70s Marvel comics or the exaggerated movie posters.

But, yeah, they are absolutely valueless.

Lol, I still remember people hoarding POTF2 Slave Leias by the case. How'd that work out?
          Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 30, '13, 2:22 AM.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Red Hulk
            Career Member
            • Dec 19, 2012

Yeah POTF II has not held there value,other than Darth Vader there's just no interest in the line.

Comment

• HapSlash
              Tribal Witchdoctor
              • Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, everyone bought them like crazy, so Hasbro produced them like crazy. I hated the way they looked and preferred the vintage figures over them. But, I bought them anyway, because I'm a toy junkie, and star wars was what was popular when I was a kid.

I eventually gave them all to my brother's kids to play with, which I don't regret one bit....... except that when they wanted to get rid of them, they gave the figures back to me... and I wound up with 3 times as many as I originally gave them.
              ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
              HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                When those came out my job was to merchandise department stores. I'd buy everyone I'd find and my friend who owned a comic/toy shop would pay me back. He'd sell them for exactly what he paid at a limit of 2 per customer. It was a nice way to stick it to the other scalping shops.
                Yes! I'm not a fan of the scalper.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎