X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Monster Hunt Game

I found this game at a toy show a while back, it's dated 1977 and is made by Hasbro but I have no recollection of ever seeing it before. The vendor was a friend and told me to take it for five dollars, i hadn't bought anything that day so it was a pretty quick purchase...

I was mostly captivated by the weird off brand monster designs on the box, Dracula resembles Canadian game show host Pierre Lalonde from the "Mad Dash", (youtube it, you'll be glad you did) . The other monsters make me wish this was an action figure line.

The game itself is cheap, I thought the Monster Squad board game was chintzy but it looks fabulous compared to this thin board and spinner. The art on the board is funky and the main reason I bought it, note the Barnabas Collins looking Dracula.

And here is the spinner, I really shouldn't end the tour with this.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I like it. There's a little bit of Chaney in the Wolfman on the box, although it looks like he just threw out his back, or is out of shape and out of breath from chasing victims.

Another example of how much cool and eclectic toy design we've lost thanks to stringent style guides.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

The art is fantastic and you can't beat the price. Hunting for monsters seems like a bad idea.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• mego
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 16, 2012

Beautiful illustrations! Are there any pieces to move around the board?

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Pretty cool...was this marketed in Canada, 'cos of the French packaging?
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍