X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

Superman Japanese Laser Discs

The latest post on my site features some Japanese Superman Laserdiscs I picked up recently...

• cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Cool, I love laserdiscs. Your suspicion about the LD for the second film may be correct, it seems weird that the back of the jacket would have no Japanese at all on it, unlike the jackets for parts 1 and 3. (even though it does say "Printed in Japan"). How about the labels on the discs themselves for that one, English or Japanese? I was going to suggest playing the discs and seeing if they have Japanese subs but then saw you mention that you don't have a LD player. Never mind! Nice pickups regardless.

If it's any consolation, these would have cost you the equivalent of about $300 total at retail in Japan when they came out. Part three alone retailed for around $130.00! Man, I don't miss expensive laser disc prices!
    Last edited by cjefferys; Oct 23, '13, 8:03 PM.

Comment

• MegoSteve
      Superman's Pal
      • Jun 17, 2005

Hah, yeah, I noticed the prices on the labels and I had a good laugh. Reminds me of the old $75 VHS tapes.

I ended up paying 300 yen, plus about 5700 yen (!) in shipping and fees. Ouch.

I'll have to pull them out and take a look at the labels when I get a chance.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎