Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMark
    • Feb 11, 2008

Star Trek EMCE Belts

This may have been talked about already but has anyone else found the new EMCE/Diamond Star Trek belts a little anoying in that the phaser does will not stay in place like the old ones. The opening is too big to hold the phaser tight. I would imagine this is the reason they use elastic to hold the phaser in place for shipping.

I was hoping this was a problem on the first Captain Kirk fig only but so far they have all had this issue.

Mark.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Yes...I too, HATE the Belts! But I love EMCE & Doc Mego for what They've accomplished...so I'll live with them for now, until I can hunt down some loose Originals...and replace Them.
    sigpic

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

I think Doc still sells those on his site, no?
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Well, it's not really the belts fault totally. The inside of the belt loop is just slightly bigger, very slightly. The real issue is the phaser handle. The Emce phaser handle is a bit more narrow than the original, which makes it fall out of the loop. Combine this with the just slightly larger inside hole of the belt loop, and you have this minor issue.

Comment

• TedStriker
          • Aug 29, 2007

This is what I'm curious about... why are the phasers facing backwards?

I thought it might have just been a mistake with the Kirk and Klingon, but it appears like that is not the case.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

"No, I do not have a receipt. I won it as a prize at the Star Trek convention, although I find their choice of prize highly illogical as the average trekker has no use for a medium size belt. "
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Just think of them as the new improved "Quick Draw" weapons belt, designed with the discriminating outerspace gunfighter in mind.
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎