Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McFarlane Halo 3 figures are out and are actually (surprizingly) really nice!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

McFarlane Halo 3 figures are out and are actually (surprizingly) really nice!!

Found the series 1 Halo 3 figures at Wallyworld today.

I haven't touched McToys in ages because of the absolutely abysmal quality, non-existant articulation and sleazy sculpts generally with one big boot. Oh, yeah and the overdone paint washes that make the figures look like they were dropped in a mud puddle.

So, I was very pleasantly surprised (okay shocked) by the quality of the Halo figures. Gone is the brittle oily plastic (not a single figure broke when I took them out of the package) and total lack of articulation. All but Cortana are very well articulated. Cortana's light up base is nice, but I am honestly ticked she didn't get the articulation the other figures did.

Master Chief has 18 points of articulation and it is real actual usable articulation. Not the usual you can rotate a figure's neck or foot a couple of centimeters McToys has been trying to pass off as articulation for the past decade. I know, I am shocked too! The Brute Chieftain has 15 points, The Grunts have 14 points and Jackal Sniper has 16 points of articulation.

It's nice to see McFarlane toys can still make mass market quality real toys with actual articulation when they put their minds to it.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 24, '08, 7:22 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

The Articulation has been nul & Void in McFarlane figures for the last few yrs.. However I still pic up a few ,. here & there. I treat them as "mini Statues" .. In which they are the cheapest statues on the market, for the extreme detail they have.

I mostly collect all the " Warrior Heaven" chick figures,.. I enjoy them alot. I have to check out these Halo guys,.. my Boy is huge into that world.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

I haven't seen them at My local walmarts yet...but I'm looking to pick up Cortana. I already have an 8" Scale Master Chief, from the very 1st series. Can't wait until they arrive!
      sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Here's a Link to a Everything McFarlane related site up here.

Spawn Toys

Kim Mostly sells in sets or cases though,.. But he's got everything.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Ok,

So I saw a few of these at Fred Myers today. The detail on them is pretty amazing to say the least. However these things are 13.99 a piece,.. + tax,.. so around 16 bucks or so just for 1 6 inch figure ? *** ??? Ofcourse I had to buy the boy a Master Chief. I think the only way to buy these is by the case. With shipping they add out to be around 10 bucks a piece. Also the White Master Chief will not be sold in most retail,.. he is some sorta Chase variant exclusive, but comes in a case.

There are points to these figures guys. Certain figures like a Master Chief, only have 10 points,.. where others like Cortana come with 35 points. She is probably 1 per case. The points are similar to the G.I. Joe mail away offerings. You have to save your points for an exclusive interent figure,.. inwhich has not been disclosed yet. You can check it out here }

McFarlane Toys | Halo Points

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
            Ok,

So I saw a few of these at Fred Myers today. The detail on them is pretty amazing to say the least. However these things are 13.99 a piece,.. + tax,.. so around 16 bucks or so just for 1 6 inch figure ? *** ???
            McToys always are a little pricey. They are a little cheaper at Walmart tough. I think they were $9.88 there.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎