PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans Robin card art from Figures Toy! Don't forget to vote for Wave 2!

RSS
Oct 3, '13, 2:10 PM
Figures Toy recently announced that planning for Teen Titans Series 2 is under way. The original lineup first produced by Mego in the seventies consisted of Aqualad, Kid Flash, Speedy, and Wonder Girl. Series 2 will include a teen-sized Robin and three more characters never released in the Mego format. Visit the Mego Museum forums…

More... (http://www.megomuseum.com/vote-for-series-2-teen-titans-from-figures-toy/)

PNGwynne
Oct 3, '13, 3:34 PM
I like the art--much more that the Bat-stuff--& look forward to this version of the Teen Wonder.

Regarding the art, will FTC be correcting Speedy's tights to match?

Brown Bear
Oct 3, '13, 5:06 PM
If I were FTC, I'd release Robin with the first wave and forget wave 2. I don't see a second wave (outside of Robin) selling too well. Maybe with us old guys here, but that's it.

hedrap
Oct 3, '13, 6:15 PM
I like the art--much more that the Bat-stuff--& look forward to this version of the Teen Wonder.

Regarding the art, will FTC be correcting Speedy's tights to match?

Plus blot out his freakin eyes. Same with Robin.

And scrap Wonder Girl's body and remodel off of a Brady.

The Bat
Oct 3, '13, 9:29 PM
WOW...a Titan sized Robin! It's very exciting, but I feel I should temper my expectations until I see the prototype. And I agree..."white out the eyes.":yes:

madmarva
Oct 3, '13, 10:51 PM
Brown Bear, with all due respect, I hope your prediction is very wrong. Would love to have Perez/Wolfman's Titans.

MIB41
Oct 4, '13, 6:21 AM
Absolutely LOVE the artwork. Really nice. Robin's mask is green on the illustration. It would be cool to finally have a Mego style figure with a green mask. My fingers are crossed these turn out descent. It will be strange though seeing Robin on a tiny body after all these decades in the 8 inch frame. Not sure how that will translate. I still think it would be great to just keep them all 8 inches and do away with the smaller scale. But this is fun news nonetheless. I think going after the rare characters is a smart move. And if they expand it into the Perez era, I will be ecstatic. Those would really sell (I think).

clemso
Oct 4, '13, 6:49 AM
Yeah, i would have been all over 8" Teen Titans, its the one aspect from the originals that i think most collectors will agree on.

Absolutely LOVE the artwork. Really nice. Robin's mask is green on the illustration. It would be cool to finally have a Mego style figure with a green mask. My fingers are crossed these turn out descent. It will be strange though seeing Robin on a tiny body after all these decades in the 8 inch frame. Not sure how that will translate. I still think it would be great to just keep them all 8 inches and do away with the smaller scale. But this is fun news nonetheless. I think going after the rare characters is a smart move. And if they expand it into the Perez era, I will be ecstatic. Those would really sell (I think).

houseofdracula
Oct 4, '13, 6:54 AM
Where is this art?

sprytel
Oct 4, '13, 6:58 AM
I think the card art works quite well.

I'm hoping the Titan Robin is a new sculpt with hair like this, rather than simply being a shrink of the Mego head with the center-part.

sprytel
Oct 4, '13, 6:59 AM
Where is this art?

Click where it says "More..." in the 1st post.

Earth 2 Chris
Oct 4, '13, 9:33 PM
Dick Giordano baby. Oh yeah. Great stuff. That is really simple and sharp.

Chris

megocrazy
Oct 4, '13, 11:12 PM
I think the card art works quite well.

I'm hoping the Titan Robin is a new sculpt with hair like this, rather than simply being a shrink of the Mego head with the center-part.

I do too. If not just do a Nightwing or something like that. I have no interest in a 7" version of the original Mego figure.

bleit1701
Oct 5, '13, 2:11 AM
Robin is the first figure to grab my attention. The art has the sleeveless Speedy not the short sleeves.

To me the New Teen Titans were all late teens and all grown (except Gar). I see them as 8 inch not 7. It will still be cool if ant of them get made.

The Bat
Oct 5, '13, 7:02 AM

Same here! I want to see a Neal Adams style head.But past experience has taught me not to get my hopes up to high.

LadyZod
Oct 5, '13, 7:31 AM
To be honest, I'd love to see an extended Bat-Family in all sizes.

Damien Wayne Robin on a child/Our Gang body
Tim Drake Red Robin on a Teen Titan body
Dick Grayson Nightwing on adult 8 inch body
Jason Todd Red Hood on adult body
KK Batwoman on regular 8 inch female body (Batgirl/Supergirl body, not Daisy-doll body)

HardyGirl
Oct 5, '13, 10:07 AM
That looks great! Can't wait to get Aqualad on a card like this!

PNGwynne
Oct 5, '13, 11:50 AM

I agree--I'd like to see a proper 7" Teen Robin.

If FTC does Perez' New Teen Titans characters, I'd prefer 8" figures.

TomStrong
Oct 5, '13, 12:30 PM
Really excited about these.

bobws
Oct 5, '13, 6:29 PM
Looking at the Card art these Really need to be 8" figures one and all. Just like my customs. I always felt the teen body really looked more Pre-teen like a 10 to 12 year old. A real teen figure should stand about 7 and a half inches tall.

Captain Awesome
Oct 5, '13, 9:38 PM
I'd like to see a new Robin headsculpt as well.

Earth 2 Chris
Oct 6, '13, 7:05 AM
^I wouldn't mind seeing as shrink of the 9 1/2" Robin headsculpt. Or a new one, but they have to have the parted hair.

Chris

PNGwynne
Oct 6, '13, 7:47 AM
^Yeah, a shrink would be fine IMO--retain that Mego vibe.

Chris
Oct 6, '13, 9:21 AM
To me the New Teen Titans were all late teens and all grown (except Gar). I see them as 8 inch not 7. It will still be cool if ant of them get made.

Same here. It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Earth 2 Chris
Oct 7, '13, 3:27 PM
I knew I'd seen that specific Robin art before. From Rob's Aquaman Shrine:

http://namtab.com/aquablog/pegatinasSTICKERS.gif

In the years immediately before the fabled 1982 style guide by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez and Dick Giordano, Dick G did quite a few solo pieces that got some use in the very late 70s/early 80s. It was a nice refresh from the old 60s/early 70s stuff DC had been using forever.

Chris

PNGwynne
Oct 7, '13, 3:58 PM
^I really like that Aquaman pose, too--something different.

Earth 2 Chris
Oct 7, '13, 4:03 PM
Yeah, I like that Aquaman too.

The Green Lantern there appears to be by Jim Aparo!!!

Chris

The Bat
Oct 7, '13, 6:00 PM
The Green Lantern there appears to be by Jim Aparo!!!

Chris

Oh Man, I LOVED the way Aparo drew Green Lantern!:yes: I remember a great team up story Aparo did with GL & Batman .:hokay:

Type Two
Oct 7, '13, 10:03 PM
The art on the back has Speedy with flesh arms and solid red leggings. Could Figures have finally corrected one of Mego's greatest WGSH figure flaws?

Well, that and the fact that Speedy's solid rubber gloves make it impossible for him to hold his bow.

HapSlash
Oct 8, '13, 8:38 AM
I'd also love to see a new head sculpt for Robin, or perhaps even a re-sized version of the magnetic Robin head. But, if he were to have an older-looking head than the original mego, I don't think I'd want him to be shorter.

I know, make an older-looking 8" sized head that we can pull off and swap with the standard Robin. :juggleyes_y:

Oh, and Aqualad's hand has been separated from his body... you can see Kid Flash's hip through the middle of his arm.