Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teen Titans Robin card art from Figures Toy! Don't forget to vote for Wave 2!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Teen Titans Robin card art from Figures Toy! Don't forget to vote for Wave 2!

Figures Toy recently announced that planning for Teen Titans Series 2 is under way. The original lineup first produced by Mego in the seventies consisted of Aqualad, Kid Flash, Speedy, and Wonder Girl. Series 2 will include a teen-sized Robin and three more characters never released in the Mego format. Visit the Mego Museum forums…

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I like the art--much more that the Bat-stuff--& look forward to this version of the Teen Wonder.

Regarding the art, will FTC be correcting Speedy's tights to match?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

If I were FTC, I'd release Robin with the first wave and forget wave 2. I don't see a second wave (outside of Robin) selling too well. Maybe with us old guys here, but that's it.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        I like the art--much more that the Bat-stuff--& look forward to this version of the Teen Wonder.

Regarding the art, will FTC be correcting Speedy's tights to match?
        Plus blot out his freakin eyes. Same with Robin.

And scrap Wonder Girl's body and remodel off of a Brady.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

WOW...a Titan sized Robin! It's very exciting, but I feel I should temper my expectations until I see the prototype. And I agree..."white out the eyes."
          sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Brown Bear, with all due respect, I hope your prediction is very wrong. Would love to have Perez/Wolfman's Titans.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Absolutely LOVE the artwork. Really nice. Robin's mask is green on the illustration. It would be cool to finally have a Mego style figure with a green mask. My fingers are crossed these turn out descent. It will be strange though seeing Robin on a tiny body after all these decades in the 8 inch frame. Not sure how that will translate. I still think it would be great to just keep them all 8 inches and do away with the smaller scale. But this is fun news nonetheless. I think going after the rare characters is a smart move. And if they expand it into the Perez era, I will be ecstatic. Those would really sell (I think).

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

Yeah, i would have been all over 8" Teen Titans, its the one aspect from the originals that i think most collectors will agree on.

Originally posted by MIB41
                Absolutely LOVE the artwork. Really nice. Robin's mask is green on the illustration. It would be cool to finally have a Mego style figure with a green mask. My fingers are crossed these turn out descent. It will be strange though seeing Robin on a tiny body after all these decades in the 8 inch frame. Not sure how that will translate. I still think it would be great to just keep them all 8 inches and do away with the smaller scale. But this is fun news nonetheless. I think going after the rare characters is a smart move. And if they expand it into the Perez era, I will be ecstatic. Those would really sell (I think).

Comment

• houseofdracula
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 11, 2011

Where is this art?
                  The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                  https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

I think the card art works quite well.

I'm hoping the Titan Robin is a new sculpt with hair like this, rather than simply being a shrink of the Mego head with the center-part.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by houseofdracula
                      Where is this art?
                      Click where it says "More..." in the 1st post.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Dick Giordano baby. Oh yeah. Great stuff. That is really simple and sharp.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• megocrazy
                          Museum Trouble Maker
                          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by sprytel
                          I think the card art works quite well.

I'm hoping the Titan Robin is a new sculpt with hair like this, rather than simply being a shrink of the Mego head with the center-part.
                          I do too. If not just do a Nightwing or something like that. I have no interest in a 7" version of the original Mego figure.
                          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• bleit1701
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 1, 2009

Robin is the first figure to grab my attention. The art has the sleeveless Speedy not the short sleeves.

To me the New Teen Titans were all late teens and all grown (except Gar). I see them as 8 inch not 7. It will still be cool if ant of them get made.
                            Better late than never.....

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
                              Same here! I want to see a Neal Adams style head.But past experience has taught me not to get my hopes up to high.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎