Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colf72
    • Feb 21, 2008

EMCE Gorn

I am really hoping that EMCE will be releasing a replica gorn not a new and improved. I realize it may look hokey when looked at now but it's what I grew up with and isn't this about notalgia and being able to collect these classic figures for an economical price.

If I wanted addurate depictions there are a ton of Start Trek figures both smaller all plastic and larger with clothing that I would buy.

Both would be great too but if I had to chose I'd have to chose classic retro gorn.

BTW, I just saw a custom Gorn on E-Bay today. Looks like the hulk with a lizard head.
  • Colf72
    • Feb 21, 2008

OK, I am going to bite the bullet and e-bay a used gorn. They, at least are relatively cheap and readily available. I guess I see the point of not making the same mistakes twice but I have to wonder if this means no Neptunian and no Talosian. The scarcer Aliens would be nice to have a vrack at. Also, why not do a show accurate Cheron? I guess they are looking to keep as much in tact as possible while fixing some old mistakes? I still think they should get out all the Aliens, even if in limited quantities.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Oh I'd love show accurate Cheron and Talos but understand the folks who want exact repops of them, Cheron's outfit is hard to find minty and a nice Talos is expensive.

Gorn is just such an easy kit bash and a sore point for many, while a reproduction of the Mego Gorn will attract a certain audience, an improved Gorn will please a lot more people IMO.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monkey tennis
        "Kiss my face."
        • Jun 8, 2007

Please, Please, Please
        Me want Gorn

Gorn
        Gorn
        Gorn
        I have an Old Gorn
        Want a new Gorn.
        "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

I agree a more accurate Gorn would be cool,but since all the remakes are the same as the vintage ones,don't expect any changes anytime soon
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Colf72
            • Feb 21, 2008

Originally posted by toys2cool
            I agree a more accurate Gorn would be cool,but since all the remakes are the same as the vintage ones,don't expect any changes anytime soon
            Dr. Mego already spilled the beans about a Brady Sculpt Gorn. I just hope it's not as muscular. The gorn wasn't the Hulk with a Lizard Head.

Both repro versions and series accurate would make me the happiest.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Colf72
              Dr. Mego already spilled the beans about a Brady Sculpt Gorn. I just hope it's not as muscular. The gorn wasn't the Hulk with a Lizard Head.

Both repro versions and series accurate would make me the happiest.
              oh ok,so he won't be making the original mego Gorn then?
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Colf72
                • Feb 21, 2008

I don't think so but I hope so. Everyone is right though you can get a loose original for the same price as a new repro and almost as easily. Took me five minutes on e-bay.

Something about not getting a brandy new one though still bums me out though.

Comment

• Colf72
                  • Feb 21, 2008

All this being said I had no clue people actually had feelings for this one way or the other. Myself included. I guess being so young when these figures came out I just accepted what they put out and never thought about it.

Let's face it, when I was 5 I wasn't really concerned about series accurate. As long as Kirk had someone to beat up.

I do remember being confused at no Chekov and Sulu though. Strange....

Comment

• megonaught
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 29, 2008

i still say a new gorn is fine but i liked the idea of having all the treks and apes the way they looked back in the day.
                    so do them all.
                    Action Jackson is his name.
                    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• mego73
                      Printed paperboard Tiger
                      • Aug 1, 2003

I'd prefer both be made but if the TV accurate one only gets made it would be an easty proposition to piece together a Gorn from EMCE apes and Klingon and original head not to mention piecing it together from vintage parts if buying it outright is too high.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I HATED the brown Lizard Head wearing a Klingon outfit, even when I was a Kid! I watched the Show daily...I loved the Gorn...He was one of My favorite Monsters! And Mego didn't even try to get Him even close to RIGHT!!!!

PLEASE...No Brown Lizard!!

Also...Doc Mego's Cheron was on display at Toyfare!
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I've got a crappy Klingon knockoff Gorn already, so bring on the real Gorn!!!
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

I'm with the bat and t-bolt on this one;no crappy brown lizard in a klingon outfit!!!
                            If anything give me a green lizard in a dinahmite or cher dress!!!
                            Or a brady gorn would be even better.
                            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                              I'm with the bat and t-bolt on this one;no crappy brown lizard in a klingon outfit!!!
                              If anything give me a green lizard in a dinahmite or cher dress!!!
                              Or a brady gorn would be even better.
                              OOOh, transvestite Lizard.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎