PDA

View Full Version : Official Poll for Series Two Teen Titans

EMCE Hammer
Sep 25, '13, 2:11 PM
Here's the deal folks: Robin is already on the docket. We need consensus on ten others, and then we'll run the poll. FTC is interested in your opinions on these.

ovenmitt
Sep 25, '13, 2:35 PM
Wonder Girl 1st costume
Beast Boy
Cyborg
Starfire
Raven
Nightwing 1st costume
Hawk
Dove
Terra
Jericho

PNGwynne
Sep 25, '13, 2:37 PM
Ten?! Hmmm.

Bumblebee
Golden Eagle
Hawk
Dove
Joker's Daughter/Harlequin
Herald
Beast Boy
Cyborg
Starfire
Raven

Trying for a mix of both eras, plus shelf-appeal.

Werewolf
Sep 25, '13, 2:51 PM
Starfire
Raven
Beast Boy
Cyborg
Nightwing

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, '13, 3:00 PM
SUH-WEEEEEEET! FTC is interested in OUR opinion on characters! Time to RECOGNIZE!!! This is an exciting time for Re-Megos!!!

But seriously folks., I'd like to see Beast Boy, Cyborg, Starfire and Wondergirl in her first costume.

boss
Sep 25, '13, 3:04 PM
put a "2" next to this list.

Ten?! Hmmm.

Bumblebee
Golden Eagle
Hawk
Dove
Joker's Daughter/Harlequin
Herald
Beast Boy
Cyborg
Starfire
Raven

Trying for a mix of both eras, plus shelf-appeal.

Earth 2 Chris
Sep 25, '13, 3:09 PM
Nightwing
Beast Boy/Changeling
Cyborg
Starfire
Raven
Wonder Girl (original 60s costume)
Terra
Jericho
Lilith
Mal

If I could throw in villains, I'd of course pick Deathstroke, Trigon, Brother Blood, Blackfire and Mad Mod

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Sep 25, '13, 3:59 PM
All old school? I like Miss Martian. Well I will include any of the versions

Beast Boy/Changeling
Miss Martian
Raven
Pantha
Lagoon Boy (dont care if I am the only one who likes him!)
Golden Eagle
Aqualad (the one from Young Justice)
Impulse
Ravager
Starfire

monitor_ep
Sep 25, '13, 3:59 PM
Thank the Mego Gods we are getting a 7" Robin. Now to my other characters:

Joker's Daughter
Bat-Girl
Golden Eagle
Hawk
Dove
Tula
Beast Boy (green version)
Dr. Light
Deathstroke
Brother Blood

Not to mention the Brotherhood of Evil/Doom Patrol, Fearsome Five, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven.....and the list goes on.

Steelshield
Sep 25, '13, 4:03 PM
definitely a robin ,starfire, raven,cyborg, beast boy lets get a litte modern here too superboy(jeans black tee), Tim Drake robin, impulse , wonder girl.... modern titans nightwing, donna troy, arsenal .Throw in a Damien Wayne robin and of course deathstroke and brother blood as villians

thunderbolt
Sep 25, '13, 4:54 PM
Beast Boy
Joker's Daughter
Bat-Girl
Hawk
Dove
Herald
Bumblebee
Gnaark
Aquagirl
Golden Eagle

jwyblejr
Sep 25, '13, 4:58 PM
Gotta have Trigon. Just have to. As to the other nine.....hmmmm. I guess I'll go with other villains. Howsabout Warp,Blackfire and let's end it with the Fearsome Five. Although that leaves me one short.

PNGwynne
Sep 25, '13, 5:12 PM
Are we discussing only 7" Titans, or 8" foes, too?

ubermanx
Sep 25, '13, 5:14 PM
If we are talking original Teen Titans then the list is pretty small in the 7" size. By the time the crew gets to the New Teen Titans then I suspect they would be better suited to the 8" body. My 16 year old son is 6' tall ;)

7 inch
Robin
Dove
Aquagirl
Joker's Daughter
Beast Boy
Terra

8 inch
Guardian
Hawk
Origianl costume wonder girl
Cyborg
Raven
Starfire
Nightwing
Older Speedy
Older Aqualad
Red Star

drogge
Sep 25, '13, 5:18 PM
Jokers Daughter
Bumblebee
Cyborg
Raven
Starfire
Beastboy
Supergirl
Terra
Golden Eagle
Night wing

pmwasson
Sep 25, '13, 5:35 PM
I'd say it would be really smart to have wave 2 match the characters in the current cartoon, Teen Titans Go or the previous cartoon, since that is probably what most people would relate to and may get more causal buyers:

(Robin)
Cyborg
Beast Boy
Starfire
Raven
Jinx
Gizmo
Mammoth
Terra
Doctor Light

hedrap
Sep 25, '13, 5:56 PM
Wave 2 - 1980

Beast Boy
Cyborg
Starfire
Raven

Wave 3 - Young Justice

Artemis
Ms Martian
Tempest
Superboy (Connor Kent)

Then either villains, or a mish-mash of teen sidekicks put under the Titans label, which would have been very Mego: Supergirl, Mary Marvel, Capt Marvel jr, Impulse, etc...

ovenmitt
Sep 25, '13, 6:42 PM
New 52 7" wave

Red Robin Tim
Superboy Conner
Kid Flash Bart
Wonder Girl Cassie

1980 wave 1 8"

Changeling with animal
Cyborg
Starfire
Raven

1980 wave 2 8"

Nightwing 1st costume
Troia 1st costume
Terra
Jericho

Villians wave 1980s

Deathstroke
Trigon
Blackfire
Cheshire

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, '13, 6:48 PM
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!! I'm excited about this announcement and what it means!

SpaceAgent
Sep 25, '13, 7:28 PM
If each wave is four characters, and Robin is one of them, then Wonder Girl (original), Hawk and Dove. Beyond that, Lilith, Beast Boy, Guardian (Mal), and the original Bat Girl.

As for the 1980 New Teen Titans, I think those should be 8", including 8" versions of Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, and eventually, Speedy and Aqaulad.

CrimsonGhost
Sep 25, '13, 8:07 PM
I'm choosing to ignore whether or not the characters I'm choosing were actual Teen Titans. They are all teens however, and would be good on 7" bodies. Besides, I'm seeing the same names over and over.

New Blue Beetle
Static
Captain Marvel Jr.
Mary Marvel
Zan & Jayna
Wendy & Marvin
Klarion the Witch Boy
Kamandi

Mego Milk
Sep 25, '13, 8:49 PM
1. Beast Buy
2. Cyborg
3. Starfire
4. Raven
5. Superboy
6. Supergirl
7. Bumble Bee
8. Miss Martian
9. Kid Devil
10. Lagoon Boy

Mego Milk
Sep 25, '13, 8:51 PM
...and Terra.

Krypt0nite
Sep 25, '13, 9:21 PM
If we are talking strictly 7-inch figures, then I'd want these in their mid-70s looks:

Robin--new head sculpt, not just the old one shrunken down
Wonder Girl--original costume
Hawk
Dove
Mal Duncan as Guardian
Beast Boy
Golden Eagle
Aquagirl
Harlequin
Bat-Girl

Even though they aren't Titans, I'd also like to see these in the 7-inch format:

Superboy--young Kal-El
Supergirl--original costume

If we are talking the 80s-era New Teen Titans then I'd prefer they be in 8-inch scale.

monitor_ep
Sep 25, '13, 9:40 PM
I will second the following:

I'd also like to see these in the 7-inch format:

Superboy--young Kal-El
Supergirl--original costume

I would also like to see the classic LOSH in 7" style.

PNGwynne
Sep 25, '13, 9:43 PM
I hadn't considered the Marvel Family--I'd love to have those.

BATMAN89
Sep 25, '13, 10:01 PM
Definitely Starfire.
Raven
Beast Boy
Cyborg
The original Nightwing would be a cool variant.

madmarva
Sep 25, '13, 10:19 PM
1. 7" Robin
2. 8" cyborg
3. 8" Starfire
4. 8" Raven
5. 7" Beastboy/changeling
6. 8" Nightwing
7. 8" kid flash
8" Speedy
9. 8" Wonder Girl
10. 7" WondernGirl original costume

powersthatbe
Sep 25, '13, 10:29 PM
1.7" Robin
2.8" Cyborg
3.7" Changeling
4.7" Raven
5.7" Starfire
6.7" Lilith
8.8" Mal Duncan
9.7" Bumblebee
10.7" Harlequinn

you know if they are venturing into 7 inch teen territory maybe they will do LOSH figures?i would want 7" size for silver age and 8 inch for bronze age

Wise4671
Sep 25, '13, 10:50 PM
I really like the idea of the Marvel Family, Also Cyborg. Im not sure if this is considered a Teen Titan but I would love to see a 7" Jimmy Olsen

jwyblejr
Sep 25, '13, 11:06 PM
Are we discussing only 7" Titans, or 8" foes, too?

Ooops. I wanted bad guys for them to fight so bad,I didn't even think about the size.

MegoSteve
Sep 25, '13, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking more along the lines of a 7" tall teen superheroes and not strictly Teen Titans, but I'd love to see a Supergirl and Superboy in smaller scale. Someone else mentioned Zan, Jayna, Mary Marvel, and Captain Marvel Jr. which would be great in 7".

Of the Titans team, I think Beast Boy is a must. I"m a little conflicted about the rest, because my Titans were the New Teen Titans from 1980, and that version of the team was pretty much fully grown young adults that would work in 8" scale.

Chris
Sep 26, '13, 6:58 AM
SuperBoy (Teen Titan Scale)
Cyborg 8"
Nightwing 8"

EMCE Hammer
Sep 26, '13, 7:51 AM
I've asked for clarification as to whether these should be confined to 7" scale, and whether or not we can branch out of the Titan-specific characters. I'm with a lot of you in that I believe the NEW TT characters are better-suited for 8" scale. We're basically looking for three more characters to add to Robin for this next wave. A jump to 8" would need to happen at either wave 3 or 4 I would think, which then begs the question if we're only getting Hawk & Dove in one size, do we really want 7"? The possibilities are pretty awesome.

thunderbolt
Sep 26, '13, 7:57 AM
Hawk could be 8 and Dove 7 inch.

EMCE Hammer
Sep 26, '13, 8:26 AM
Anthony pretty much just blew my mind. It's all on the table, 7" or 8", and not confined to characters specifically tied to the Titans. They're already working on a couple of the characters that have been mentioned that if I had made a guess I would have assumed they would have been fairly far off.

With that in mind, it's looking like top picks so far in no particular order are

Cyborg
Raven
Starfire
Beast Boy
Changeling
Hawk
Dove

Does that look right so far?

Earth 2 Chris
Sep 26, '13, 8:28 AM
After I posted my list, I started to question whether I'd want a 7" Cyborg (I really wouldn't). Glad to hear they are open to using the appropriate size for the character/age.

In that case I want 8" older versions of Kid Flash, Speedy and Aqualad as well!

Chris

The Toyroom
Sep 26, '13, 8:43 AM
Anthony pretty much just blew my mind. It's all on the table, 7" or 8", and not confined to characters specifically tied to the Titans. They're already working on a couple of the characters that have been mentioned that if I had made a guess I would have assumed they would have been fairly far off.

With that in mind, it's looking like top picks so far in no particular order are

Cyborg
Raven
Starfire
Beast Boy
Changeling
Hawk
Dove

Does that look right so far?

Beast Boy and Changeling are one and the same. Unless they're doing two costumes? Teen Titans/Doom Patrol era and NewTeen Titans era.

EMCE Hammer
Sep 26, '13, 9:23 AM
Beast Boy and Changeling are one and the same. Unless they're doing two costumes? Teen Titans/Doom Patrol era and NewTeen Titans era.

I think of him like I do Robin/Nightwing, which isn't quite the same thing but I would think it would work for figure purposes. Purple costume for one, red/white for the other? 7" Robin and Beast Boy as opposed to 8" Nightwing and Changeling?

Earth 2 Chris
Sep 26, '13, 9:27 AM
^Gar was always portrayed as younger and short, so one 7" Gar Logan/Beast Boy/Changeling is fine with me. I'd prefer an additional 8" disco Nightwing over more Gars, please.

Chris

MIB41
Sep 26, '13, 9:31 AM
Surprised Nightwing isn't a popular choice. But I LOVE the idea of making them 8 inch. I think for modern day purposes and broader market appeal, FTC shouldn't try to conceptualize the "teen" aspect of it and just keep them consistent with the 8 inch scale. Glad to see they have broad ideas for characters. This would interest me tremendously because it would be stuff Mego didn't do which pretty much leaves them free to do their own thing and not have to honor a nostalgic look. I wouldn't have any preconceptions at that point and can just let the figure appear to me on it's own terms. I support this.

hedrap
Sep 26, '13, 10:06 AM
If it's all fair game, then they need one more 7-inch/Silver Age wave to match the first run

7-Inch Wave 2

Silver Age:

Robin
Batgirl
Superboy
Supergirl

Then make everything else 8-inch

MegoSteve
Sep 26, '13, 10:41 AM
I'd love a 7" Jimmy Olsen. To me, the 7" figures should be young teens and sidekicks only. Robin would be a great 7"er, but Nightwing would need to be 8".

Re: Batgirl: was she ever a young teen in the comics? I always thought she was basically an adult, just called "girl." (Like Power Girl.)

Scousebadger
Sep 26, '13, 11:15 AM
7"
Aquagirl
Dove
Changeling/Beast Boy
Terra
Wonder Girl (1960s costume)

Billy Batson, Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Junior in 7"

8"
Cyborg
Hawk
Raven
Starfire
Nightwing

Also Jericho, 80s Wonder Girl and Deathstroke in 8"

thunderbolt
Sep 26, '13, 11:21 AM
Would love to see a Doom Patrol wave to compliment Beast Boy somewhere down the line.

Scousebadger
Sep 26, '13, 11:21 AM
Batgirl was always an older teen - didn't she first appear as a college student? Robin was a year or two younger

hedrap
Sep 26, '13, 11:53 AM
I mentioned Batgirl moreso in regards to Silver Age. It would be a way to make two different and distinct Batgirls. Silver Age 7-inch, Modern Age 8-inch.

Jimmy Olson would be a good one. I would buy it if it had the old "Superman's Pal..." comic header.

Scousebadger
Sep 26, '13, 12:17 PM
Ah: you have "Bat-Girl Betty Kane" from the early 1960s. She was about Robin's age, partner to Batwoman and a member of the Teen Titans West Coast.

You then have the older "Batgirl Barbara Gordon" from the late 1960s and TV show onwards.

Is all very confusing.

ovenmitt
Sep 26, '13, 12:39 PM
Thanks, EMCE Hammer!

7" Wonder Girl 1st costume
8" Wonder Girl 1980 costume
7" Beast Boy
8" Cyborg
8" Raven
8" Starfire
8" Nightwing 1st costume
8" Kid Flash orange hair
7" Terra
8" Jericho

ovenmitt
Sep 26, '13, 12:47 PM
SHAZAM

7" Billy Batson
7" Mary Marvel red costume
7" Captain Marvel Jr
7" Sivana w/ Mr Mind

SUPERMAN

7" Superboy w/ Krypto
7" Clark Kent teenager
7" Lana Lang Insect Queen
7" Supergirl 1st costume

monitor_ep
Sep 26, '13, 1:00 PM
It sounds like they are already working on a 7" Superboy, Supergirl and Jimmy Olsen. I like this idea, especially if it leads to:

Classic Legion of Super-Heroes
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp327/monitor_ep/LEGION%20OF%20SUPER%20HEROES/ADVENTURE_COMICS_8A_zps0345d196.jpg (http://s424.photobucket.com/user/monitor_ep/media/LEGION%20OF%20SUPER%20HEROES/ADVENTURE_COMICS_8A_zps0345d196.jpg.html)

The Nawd
Sep 26, '13, 1:05 PM
8" Blackfire
7" Changeling
8" Deathstroke
8" Doctor Light
8" Nightwing
8" Raven
8" Starfire
7" Terra
7" Wonder Girl (1960s costume)
8" Wonder Girl (1980s costume)

bobws
Sep 28, '13, 4:20 PM
Being a Big Titans fan with a complete set of customs up to 1980, i would vote for this:

7"
Beast Boy
Robin (new head no spit curls)
Bat-girl
Terra
Superboy (60's)
Supergirl (60's)
Mary Marvel
Capt. Marvel Jr.
Wonder Girl - Nick Cardy outfit
Sandy the Golden Boy(Sandman's 40's Sidekick)
Dan the Dyna-Mite (TNT's 40's Sidekick)
Star Spangled Kid ( 40's Hero partnered with Stripesy)
Wing (Crimson Avenger's 40's Sidekick)
Stuff - The Chinatown Kid (The Vigilante's 40's Sidekick)
Squire (40's sidekick to the Shining Knight)
Impulse - Modern Kid Flash (Young Justice)
Cassie Wondergirl in first or second costumes (Young Justice)
Connor Suberboy (Young Justice)
Tim Drake Robin (Young Justice)
Arrowette (Young Justice)
Secret (Young Justice)
Empress (Young Justice)
Lil Lobo/Slobo (Young Justice)

All other Titans and Teen characters should be in 8 inch format including all listed by others here.

bobws
Sep 28, '13, 4:21 PM
I would Love all Legion characters 8"

boynightwing
Sep 30, '13, 4:52 PM
1) Disco Nightwing
2) Starfire
3) Raven
4) Cyborg
5) Beastboy
6) Deathstroke
7) Terra
8) Rose Wilson
9) Jinx (from Teen Titans Go. I'm not sure if she was in the comics)
10) Bumblebee

EMCE Hammer
Oct 1, '13, 11:30 AM
OK all, I think this has percolated long enough. Here's what I pulled:

Raven
Starfire
Beast Boy/Changeling
Hawk
Dove
Bumblebee
Terra
Golden Eagle
Cyborg
Disco Nightwing

A couple of notes - I disqualified the Marvels, Superboy, and Batgirl. I am pretty confident that the top three vote getters are on the list, and I think the rejects are likely to appear in other assortments. (Speculate!)

Any glaring omissions? I intend to post the poll this evening.

pmwasson
Oct 1, '13, 12:13 PM
Nice list. Any of them will be a welcome addition to WGSH!

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Oct 1, '13, 1:31 PM
That is a very solid list to choose from.

hedrap
Oct 1, '13, 1:45 PM
First three plus Cyborg will sell.

Rest are a crapshoot.

Type Two
Oct 2, '13, 10:33 PM
Man...I missed out. Oh well. I AM GOING TO POST ANYWAY!!!!!!!

-Red Star
-Deathstroke
-Changeling/Beast Boy
-Cyborg
-Raven
-Starfire
-Terra
-Wildebeest
-Brother Blood
-Beast Boy as a Giant Green Gorilla chase figure :grin:

BATMAN89
Oct 3, '13, 1:41 PM
Man...I missed out. Oh well. I AM GOING TO POST ANYWAY!!!!!!! Did you vote on the real poll? The one in the Sticky Thread area in the FTC Forum?
http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?89589-Teen-Titans-Wave-2-Polls-are-open!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Type Two
Oct 7, '13, 10:05 PM
Did you vote on the real poll? The one in the Sticky Thread area in the FTC Forum?
http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?89589-Teen-Titans-Wave-2-Polls-are-open!

Just did it. Thank you! :)