Sep 25, '13, 10:12 AM
I may hafta just get these!

Jason73
Sep 25, '13, 10:24 AM
Hmmm. Very interesting.

http://figurestoycompany.com/teentitansactionfiguresseriesone.aspx

MEGOMAN
Sep 25, '13, 10:28 AM
I really wish that Figures Toy Company would just do "new versions" of the classic MEGO figures not reproductions. They are going to seriously hurt the integrity of "ALL" MEGO figures!

noelani72
Sep 25, '13, 10:31 AM
seriously! I saw that..very cool indeed.
I am moderately excited about buying as many of these as I can...but I must admit, all this pre-order jazz doesn't float my boat ya know.
They're on wave 3 of the batman figs, not even seen the Alfred figure (but he'll be awesome) and now a surprise Teen Titan announcement...all up for pre-order and wave one of batman hasn't even shipped yet.
Enough with the pre-order stuff - get'em out there already! (as money burns hole in pocket lol)

mego maniac mark
Sep 25, '13, 10:34 AM
Maybe They will be slightly different judging the way the first wave Batman figures are .I only have Kid Flash, so I will be
Pretty happy to get these without Breaking bank for originals.

Bronxboykev
Sep 25, '13, 10:41 AM
Wow... This is a surprise to me. I knew they said they were going to cover all the WGSH line but they never got into specifics and the Titans were never discussed anywhere or did I miss this.

Bronxboykev
Sep 25, '13, 10:44 AM
I really wish that Figures Toy Company would just do "new versions" of the classic MEGO figures not reproductions. They are going to seriously hurt the integrity of "ALL" MEGO figures!

I agree... to some extent... but there is just so much want for these "special" harder to get figures (Alter Egos, Removable Masks, Females and Titans) and not enough supply for complete originals.

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, '13, 10:46 AM
They've had the Titan costumes and such available on the CTVT site for a while now so it seems a logical progression. I'm in for a set cause I can't afford the originals...

TMANSTOYS
Sep 25, '13, 10:47 AM
Figures Inc. rock !!! Will have to order a few of these.

pmwasson
Sep 25, '13, 11:01 AM
I'm all over these! I hope they continue the line (teen Robin anyone?)

Bronxboykev
Sep 25, '13, 11:03 AM

I'm with Paul they should have done a 7 inch Robin

wayne foundation 07
Sep 25, '13, 11:09 AM
Those look great, hope the final product looks as good

JediJaida
Sep 25, '13, 11:12 AM
They couldn't give Wonder Girl articulated arms?

I'll. Pass.

EMCE Hammer
Sep 25, '13, 11:15 AM
Just a quick note that I combined the three threads we had running simultaneously at various places and moved them here.

monitor_ep
Sep 25, '13, 11:25 AM
The only problem I have is they did not include a 7" Robin. I will still order them so I can display them with my JLA but I really wish they included a Robin.

ubermanx
Sep 25, '13, 11:26 AM
I'll be ordering these for sure.

Chris
Sep 25, '13, 11:28 AM

I'd get one. C'mon Speedy and Wondergirl! My collection needs ya.

EMCE Hammer
Sep 25, '13, 11:32 AM
Teen Titan Robin is coming in Series 2. I've got pics of the card art that will be up on the blog later today.

HardyGirl
Sep 25, '13, 11:44 AM
Leapin Lamprays! I probably will get Aqualad since Im such a fan of the Filmation series.

BATMAN89
Sep 25, '13, 11:46 AM

It does say Series One. Who knows? Maybe you'll get your wish in a Series Two!

EDIT: My Forum Runner app wasn't updated so I hadn't seen EMCE Hammer's post when I wrote that^^^.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BATMAN89
Sep 25, '13, 11:53 AM
Leapin Lamprays! I probably will get Aqualad since Im such a fan of the Filmation series.

My gosh the possibilities of 7 inch customs with Aqualad! I hope they sell the head separately in the future!

hedrap
Sep 25, '13, 11:59 AM
Now this is a smart move.

Mego figures, some of the very last, and incredibly pricey on the market.

We should have been tipped off by all the Titan parts already available on CTVT.

This is another line that if they make it two Wave Two, I'm in.

ScottA
Sep 25, '13, 11:59 AM
Well, this is shocking news. And a series 2 as well.

ovenmitt
Sep 25, '13, 12:04 PM
EMCE Hammer,

Series 2 with Robin?! Thanks for sharing! I also want Wonder Girl in 1st costume!

Any JLA or other DC news?

MIB41
Sep 25, '13, 12:28 PM
This character selection was a smart move. But now we'll what the final product looks like. My expectations are not as high on these because you can already piece together what they will look like because the clothes, boots, and bodies are already sold separately. And based on those outfits, it looks like the Kidflash emblem will probably just be a sticker thrown on that existing costume. So these won't look like those photos for sure. But for folks who couldn't snag the originals, these will be suitable fill ins. Once again, smart choice in character selection. And for a change, I really like the backer card artwork. Those are nice.

BATMAN89
Sep 25, '13, 12:36 PM
You know all of this news is always exciting until I see that we have to wait until the 1st quarter of next year. I can't tie up all my Mego money in preorders either.

PNGwynne
Sep 25, '13, 12:37 PM
Series 2 w/ teen Robin?! Can't wait to see of what that assortment consists. Hawk, Dove, Beast Boy?

Scousebadger
Sep 25, '13, 12:43 PM
They couldn't give Wonder Girl articulated arms?

I'll. Pass.

Is Dr Mego doing a teenage girl figure? If he did, I'd use one of those

SpaceAgent
Sep 25, '13, 12:49 PM
Glad to hear it! The Titans were always favorites of mine, and it will be great to have mint repros of these. The mind boggles at what a series 2 or 3 could include.

Werewolf
Sep 25, '13, 12:50 PM
Teen Titan Robin is coming in Series 2. I've got pics of the card art that will be up on the blog later today.

Neat! A Raven and Starfire would also be very cool.

nobody
Sep 25, '13, 12:57 PM
Glad to hear it! The Titans were always favorites of mine, and it will be great to have mint repros of these. The mind boggles at what a series 2 or 3 could include.

I've started a thread for that :grin:

jwyblejr
Sep 25, '13, 1:00 PM
It's strange how their teen female bodies don't move like the others yet their young girl bodies do.

powersthatbe
Sep 25, '13, 1:25 PM
kid flash was my favorite mego as a kid so thrilled to get him.plus maybe a beast boy and cyborg in the future?i can dream

Earth 2 Chris
Sep 25, '13, 3:05 PM
I somehow missed all of this! My Titans are a bit dodgy, especially Speedy, who doesn't have a proper costume. I'll be getting these.

Chris

VintageMike
Sep 25, '13, 7:25 PM
I'm in for these. While I could save for the originals my interest in them isn't enough to go along with the price tag. Fore reissues though, sounds good.

jds1911a1
Sep 25, '13, 7:34 PM
I just wish that they had corrected speedy;s costume instead of reissueing the incorrect mego one

PeterRR
Sep 25, '13, 7:41 PM

I completely agree. They are Killing the mego line. Almost every figure has been reproduced. Playing mantis reproduced captain action and killed that line, I like what Round 2 did with their version of Captain action. Update the figures don't make a exact copy. How many times can we watch the same TV show Make them more like Flatt figures or Black knight customs. Now no megos are special anymore. Some of Us Collectors spent thousands of dollar on our Megos. Now you can buy them for $20.00 . And they don't sell well. The 1966 line is great. But Update them

warlock664
Sep 25, '13, 8:39 PM

I agree, but I'm afraid that ship sailed a loooooong time ago (thanks to the proliferation of "high quality China made reproductions").

PNGwynne
Sep 25, '13, 9:07 PM
*sigh*

powersthatbe
Sep 25, '13, 10:12 PM
i have a yvonne basic figure from zica toys wil be using her for donna troy here.

alex
Sep 26, '13, 2:06 AM
This is great news, the originals are going to cost me less now ;)

alex
Sep 26, '13, 2:24 AM
This is great news, the originals are going to cost me less now ;)

MIB41
Sep 26, '13, 5:39 AM
^^^ Maybe not. Depending on what they look like, it may make the originals go up in value. They will have to get pretty close in likeness. Those Megos their using as "prototypes" are clearly not the finished product.

libby 1957dog
Sep 26, '13, 5:42 AM
This character selection was a smart move. But now we'll what the final product looks like. My expectations are not as high on these because you can already piece together what they will look like because the clothes, boots, and bodies are already sold separately. And based on those outfits, it looks like the Kidflash emblem will probably just be a sticker thrown on that existing costume. So these won't look like those photos for sure. But for folks who couldn't snag the originals, these will be suitable fill ins. Once again, smart choice in character selection. And for a change, I really like the backer card artwork. Those are nice.

Yeah ive looked at those suits a few times but just couldn't pull the trigger,not sure why ,there a great price ,does anyone here have in hand or custom figures using these suits and boots and gloves ,and could post a picture or 2 ,just so you know ,we can temper our expectations a little

MIB41
Sep 26, '13, 6:54 AM
Here's the link to the Kid Flash outfit and body. I can't download pics on the Mego site this morning. Something wrong with the gallery section.

http://www.classictvtoys.com/yellowandredherocostumefor6inchbodies.aspx

Here's Speedy costume and outfit...

http://www.classictvtoys.com/yellowandredherocostumefor6inchbodies-1.aspx

Here's Aqualad's body and costume...

http://www.classictvtoys.com/yellowandredherocostumefor6inchbodies-2.aspx

EMCE Hammer
Sep 26, '13, 7:02 AM
They're working on prototypes of new suits right now. They are not quite there yet, but it's a safe bet to say that the 'replacement suits' up on the CTVT site right now are not indicative of what will adorn the figures when they go into production. I don't even think it's the same factory.

MIB41
Sep 26, '13, 7:30 AM
^^^ If that's the case, that would be great news. Thanks for the correction!

rykerw1701
Sep 26, '13, 7:49 AM
It's strange how their teen female bodies don't move like the others yet their young girl bodies do.

Is it me or does this just sound wrong?

Cosmicman
Sep 26, '13, 8:53 AM
I think we're all jumping the gun here people. We haven't even seen Wave one of any Batman figures. I'm starting to get that feeling like something is off.

BATMAN89
Sep 26, '13, 9:27 AM
I think we're all jumping the gun here people. We haven't even seen Wave one of any Batman figures. I'm starting to get that feeling like something is off.

Ya, they just keep putting more up for preorders, but no deliveries from the first wave yet!

jimsmegos
Sep 26, '13, 9:30 AM
I do appreciate the free shipping they are offering over at Entertainment Earth on this and future waves for pre order.... http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?company=Figures+Toy+Company&id=ME-002202116

jwyblejr
Sep 26, '13, 12:53 PM
Is it me or does this just sound wrong?

Maybe I worded it wrong? I'll try again. The female teen bodies i.e.Kelly Bundy,the arms and legs don't move like the arms and legs on their little girls bodies like Cindy Brady. Weird thing is their Joanie Cunningham figure isn't on the same body as Kelly Bundy. You would think their female teens would all have the same bodies.

Brown Bear
Sep 26, '13, 3:17 PM
This is exciting news!

Brown Bear
Sep 26, '13, 6:10 PM

Awesome....can't wait to see that.

megocrazy
Sep 26, '13, 6:27 PM

I agree. Instead of reissuing a figure that is fairly common, why not do Robin and Dick Grayson in teen format.

monitor_ep
Sep 26, '13, 11:21 PM
For those who have not preordered there FTC Batman waves 1-3 you now have your choice of Robins:
8" Robin
7" Teen Titan Robin
8" Dick Grayson
8" Removable Mask Robin

You can now pick your version and be happy. I have preorder all four waves so I am caught up. I do not care for the Dick Grayson or the Removable mask version but that is what my "Batcave" is for, to put figures I do not want to look at or a place to keep my really expensive figures at.

Captain Awesome
Sep 27, '13, 12:48 AM
Well said...
The goal is to support the lines (buy what you want, don't buy what you don't want...or buy them all) so that they will continue putting out new figures. For Pete's sake, they have the entire DC license!!! The possibilities are endless...but they have to have the sales to continue. It's a frustrating catch 22 situation, unfortunately, and they're not going to be able to please everyone with their character choices, but, there is light at the end of the tunnel and a bright hope that if we support the lines they will make the figures that have never been made in the Mego format before. That's how I see it. Just my two cents worth...

clemso
Sep 27, '13, 5:32 AM
Did I mis-read this or did they miss a trick here. Shouldn't they have made these in 8" scale? Seems like the most obvious move to garner maximum support and not upset the Repro v Original apple cart.

clemso
Sep 27, '13, 5:33 AM
I might add that I have no interest what so ever in exact copies of previous Megos.

MIB41
Sep 27, '13, 5:49 AM
I do appreciate the free shipping they are offering over at Entertainment Earth on this and future waves for pre order.... http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?company=Figures+Toy+Company&id=ME-002202116

Smart move. Online companies have no idea how much shipping charges eliminates sales. I've lost count of how many times I've canceled orders after I saw the shipping for something. An advertisement like that would get my attention.

THE FALCON
Sep 29, '13, 7:50 PM
I just saw the ad for this. Cool.

huedell
Sep 30, '13, 12:31 PM
^^^ Maybe not. Depending on what they look like, it may make the originals go up in value. They will have to get pretty close in likeness. Those Megos their using as "prototypes" are clearly not the finished product.
I'm thinking the smaller the figure, the less off the mark they'll get? :)

Whether they're close or not.... I'm thinking they'll be nicer and/or close enough visually & cheaper than what's been available before in the "Titan repro" area.

I've had the male authentic Titans sitting around since I won them in a lot for next to nothing 15 years ago. I can't wait to get rid of them.

The "expensive vintage figures" are one of the worst things about this hobby. The AEs are a joke (Admittedly, I'm biased.. didn't have 'em as a kid and wouldn't even buy repro versions, I thought they were so useless) I'm a big proponent of seeing that "expensive vintage loose figures market" die... but wouldn't mind pocketing some bucks as it does so.

Never bought a Wonder Girl either.

I'm tellin' ya... if these guys actually RELEASE the Titans wave, it'll be yet one more "proof-positive" that patience is a virtue in this hobby.

The Bat
Oct 2, '13, 8:24 AM
You know what I like most about Figures Inc. doing the Teen Titans line? It's proof positive that they own the entire DC license and not just Batman.:smile: Bring on GREEN LANTERN & The FLASH!!:yes:

thunderbolt
Oct 2, '13, 9:04 AM
You know what I like most about Figures Inc. doing the Teen Titans line? It's proof positive that they own the entire DC license and not just Batman.:smile: Bring on GREEN LANTERN & The FLASH!!:yes:

seems like the JLA carrying case was proof enough of that already. :)

huedell
Oct 2, '13, 1:50 PM

I was going to joke that you'll get them in time for Christmas... 2014. But it didn't read well.

I'm just going to say that for all the grief I've given this line, if they make classic non-civilian characters that Mego didn't make on these "closer than Mattel" 8 inch bodies, I'll be pretty psyched.

Even prototype pictures would be totally fun to see at this point.

The Bat
Oct 2, '13, 4:28 PM
seems like the JLA carrying case was proof enough of that already. :)

Ok, Good Point.:wink: But seeing pictures of actual figures just makes it seem "more real" to me then just a carrying case.:yes: