PDA

View Full Version : Batman Retro Series 1 production samples from Figures Toy

Pages : [1] 2

RSS
Sep 24, '13, 11:40 AM
The folks at Figures Toy Co. have production samples in hand and expect to meet the posted delivery dates for the upcoming Batman Retro Series 1. It would be great to examine these up close, but for now pictures will work. There are some subtle and not-so-subtle design differences between these and their Mego forefathers…

More... (http://www.megomuseum.com/batman-retro-series-1-production-samples-from-figures-toy/)

CrimsonGhost
Sep 24, '13, 11:46 AM
I'm curious about the bodies. They don't seem to be the reduced size 12" figures they have been using for KISS.

Remco Monster
Sep 24, '13, 12:48 PM
They look like crappy knockoffs/bootlegs.

HardyGirl
Sep 24, '13, 12:56 PM
I think they look pretty cool. I only ordered the Joker and Riddler, since I already have 3 Batman figures, and 2 Robins. Even though I'll miss the lighter blue of Mego Batman, I like the the cowl, cape, gloves and boots are all the same shade of blue. And I really love the packaging!

ScottA
Sep 24, '13, 12:58 PM
I like them. Two of each please.

jimsmegos
Sep 24, '13, 1:04 PM
I would not have a problem dropping $20 at retail for one or any of these off the shelf however (call me cheap) the extra $5 plus shipping makes me a little more reluctant and far less likely to collect 'em all.

EMCE Hammer
Sep 24, '13, 1:07 PM
Christmas presents!

Earth 2 Chris
Sep 24, '13, 1:08 PM
My off the French card late Mego Batman has a blue hue very close to that for the head and cape. The Joker's coat is much darker as well.

These look nice. The packaging isn't bad. I prefer this straight-up retro approach (albeit modified to make it more TV-centric) to the faux distressed look of the Mattel figures, which bugged me to no end.

Chris

David Lee
Sep 24, '13, 1:27 PM
Good for them! I am pretty impressed... they are not perfect, but pretty dang good if you ask me. I'd like more to peek under the hood at that body:smiley1: That, in my opinion, more than anything is gonna be where the rubber meets the road. The boon is for those who customize in the strictest MEGo style. You can indeed do it up MEGO style using these parts and not feel bad about it! I count this as a win!

Dave

David Lee
Sep 24, '13, 1:48 PM
Good for them! I am am impressed... they are not perfect, but pretty dang good if you ask me. I'd like more to peek under the hood at that body:smiley1: That, in my opinion, more than anything is gonna be where the rubber meets the road. The boon is for those who customize in the strictest MEGo style. You can indeed do it up MEGO style using these parts and not feel bad about it! I count this as a win!

Dave

MIB41
Sep 24, '13, 1:51 PM
Hmmm. They look pretty good. But no one will mistaken those for vintage Megos (which is a good thing). I guess after hearing the announcement and finally seeing production samples (compared with some of their other new licenses) these are an easy pass. The Dukes have been the best in the batch of new figures thus far for me. There have been SO many companies that have done repro costumes for characters like Batman and Robin, these new ones are just a little passe.

pmwasson
Sep 24, '13, 2:02 PM
They look great! Can't wait to see them in person.

Teemu
Sep 24, '13, 2:38 PM
They look like crappy knockoffs/bootlegs.

Isn't that what Figurestoycompany is? a maker of CHEAP,knock-off toys

drmego
Sep 24, '13, 2:41 PM
$25.00 a figure isn't that cheap, especially since he is the manufacturer AND the retailer. DC Comics gets 12% of the wholesale price.

jwyblejr
Sep 24, '13, 2:48 PM
Necks look a little long. Other than that,I don't have a problem with these.

madmarva
Sep 24, '13, 3:00 PM
I've got a nephew and the son of a good friend who will get a set of B&R for Christmas. I'll probably pass for myself, but I am looking forward to Alfred and any other new characters that might come along.

Teemu
Sep 24, '13, 3:38 PM
$25.00 a figure isn't that cheap, especially since he is the manufacturer AND the retailer. DC Comics gets 12% of the wholesale price.

cheap as in lesser quality plastic and cheaper materials used

MegoMark71
Sep 24, '13, 4:21 PM
I love what i see so far. The 2 different emblems for Batman is sweet. I do want to see the bodies themselves though. I took all my dc retro figures and parted out the bodies with vintage mego bodies. For me there is just something about the original type 2 body that can never be duplicated. There have been some great jobs done, but make mine mego. I really look forward to the future lines as well. I have no prob with the prices. I collect almost every wrestling figure put out, and a ton of Star Wars. Heck the new 6inch black series figures are priced at $19.99. I can't wait for Christmas.

toyman
Sep 24, '13, 4:55 PM
Those look really good, anyone know what the back of the card will look like?

imp
Sep 24, '13, 5:11 PM
I'm a bitted stunned.

First, this company needs a lot of help when it comes to photography, design and presentation. Their illustration and graphic design is consistently atrocious. These "leaked" photos -- including those recent, disturbing images revealing shoddy working conditions at their Chinese factory -- leave a lot to be desired. And now these photos have managed to eliminate any remaining excitement I had for this line.

I cannot understand how these 1st Wave 'sneak peeks' are so devoid of the charm that made me fall in love with Mego toys as a child, and stay in love with them as an adult. There is something very off about them, yet it's difficult to pinpoint because they are so very close to the originals. Why go 95% of the way there? These kinda sorta almost nearly vaguely look like authentic, vintage Mego figures. Yet they also kinda sorta almost nearly vaguely look like cruddy knock-offs. It's baffling.

Finally, it seems clear to me that FTC used authentic Mego figures in all of their print and online advertising and promotion while soliciting pre-orders. That feels like the ol' bait-and-switch, and I hope it's not too late to cancel my pre-order with my local comic shop, because I am passing on all of these. Two enthusiastic thumbs down. What a shame.

-b

Werewolf
Sep 24, '13, 5:12 PM
I think they look nice. I like the darker blue on Batman.

thunderbolt
Sep 24, '13, 5:17 PM

only 5 bucks more than your DC attempt, and maybe the bodies won't suck on these.

TomStrong
Sep 24, '13, 5:23 PM
Ill render my verdict only after I have one in hand.

PNGwynne
Sep 24, '13, 5:32 PM
My first impression: pretty nice. I like the darker Batman components, the matte gloves. The screening & fit of suits seems good. I'm not sure about the cut & construction of Joker's coat, though.

Overall, considering my substantial initial reservations, I'm impressed.

When do these ship?

PNGwynne
Sep 24, '13, 5:53 PM
I'm a bitted stunned... I am passing on all of these. Two enthusiastic thumbs down. What a shame.

-b

Ben, this is an honest question: What specifically were you expecting? I think quality of fabrication is very important, but I also think it's very difficult to compete with the nostalgic enthusiasm you/I/we here have for vintage Mego awesomeness.

I will also say that it is possible to buy DM components and assemble a very nice, very Megoesque Green Arrow that is both nostalgic & playable. To me, at this point and with the limited info presented, these FTC figures look comparable.

MEGOMAN
Sep 24, '13, 5:56 PM
I'm a bitted stunned.

First, this company needs a lot of help when it comes to photography, design and presentation. Their illustration and graphic design is consistently atrocious. These "leaked" photos -- including those recent, disturbing images revealing shoddy working conditions at their Chinese factory -- leave a lot to be desired. And now these photos have managed to eliminate any remaining excitement I had for this line.

I cannot understand how these 1st Wave 'sneak peeks' are so devoid of the charm that made me fall in love with Mego toys as a child, and stay in love with them as an adult. There is something very off about them, yet it's difficult to pinpoint because they are so very close to the originals. Why go 95% of the way there? These kinda sorta almost nearly vaguely look like authentic, vintage Mego figures. Yet they also kinda sorta almost nearly vaguely look like cruddy knock-offs. It's baffling.

Finally, it seems clear to me that FTC used authentic Mego figures in all of their print and online advertising and promotion while soliciting pre-orders. That feels like the ol' bait-and-switch, and I hope it's not too late to cancel my pre-order with my local comic shop, because I am passing on all of these. Two enthusiastic thumbs down. What a shame.

-b

Well said! I truly believe that the classic WGSH line should have been left alone completely. I have my original figures made by MEGO and that is what counts. I will not buy any of these!

imp
Sep 24, '13, 6:37 PM
Ben, this is an honest question: What specifically were you expecting?

The colors are wrong. The textures and materials are wrong. The graphics are hideous.

Can you think of another industry where such broad, general interpretations of the original are acceptable as "reproduction" items? When I think of reproduction and/or replacement pieces in other arenas (e.g. classic cars, vintage jewelry, antique jukeboxes, T-shirts, movie posters, etc.), it seems that dead-on accuracy is the objective. Not some loose composite of every version of the product ever manufactured.

Imagine someone wanting a reproduction silver part for their antique watch, and coming across one made of tin that looks only mostly like the original sculpt. No sale.

These are being touted as "reproductions" of the original Mego WGSH -- right down to the minutiae of offering painted- versus removable-masks. Yet from what I've seen thus far, FTC toys are a far cry from the accuracy or detail such claims suggest.

What, specifically, was I expecting? Something like this:

http://www.worldsgreatesttoys.com/bm_compare.jpg

:no:

-b

hedrap
Sep 24, '13, 6:39 PM
Exactly what I expected. I actually appreciate that they didn't try and match fabric and dyes, or else it would lead to only more market confusion.

Robin's head looks different. Not as smushed.

Pricepoint is still absurd for retreads. But for new figures, or new designs, I'll be game.

As I said from the beginning - if they repainted these to look more like the '66 Batman artwork, such as the opening credits to the TV show or the Filmation cartoon, I would've been in like flint.

Jason73
Sep 24, '13, 6:43 PM
I'm glad they don't look exactly like the originals. That would have created a new market for scammers trying to pass them off as MEGO.

imp
Sep 24, '13, 6:51 PM
I'm glad they don't look exactly like the originals. That would have created a new market for scammers trying to pass them off as MEGO.

A "new" market? Really. Visited eBay lately? :sarky:

Anyway, it really doesn't matter what I think. I'm disappointed but I'll just move on. I wish FTC the best, but these aren't what I expected, and these aren't for me.

-b

MEGOMAN
Sep 24, '13, 6:52 PM
The colors are wrong. The textures and materials are wrong. The graphics are hideous.

Can you think of another industry where such broad, general interpretations of the original are acceptable as "reproduction" items? When I think of reproduction and/or replacement pieces in other arenas (e.g. classic cars, vintage jewelry, antique jukeboxes, T-shirts, movie posters, etc.), it seems that dead-on accuracy is the objective. Not some loose composite of every version of the product ever manufactured.

Imagine someone wanting a reproduction silver part for their antique watch, and coming across one made of tin that looks only mostly like the original sculpt. No sale.

These are being touted as "reproductions" of the original Mego WGSH -- right down to the minutiae of offering painted- versus removable-masks. Yet from what I've seen thus far, FTC toys are a far cry from the accuracy or detail such claims suggest.

What, specifically, was I expecting? Something like this:

http://www.worldsgreatesttoys.com/bm_compare.jpg

:no:

-b

I'm with you on this!!!

sauce
Sep 24, '13, 6:53 PM
It's funny to me that one might pass on factory made MEGO vintage counterparts from Peru or Mexico but jump on these.

Uni
Sep 24, '13, 7:12 PM
I'm a bitted stunned.

First, this company needs a lot of help when it comes to photography, design and presentation.

[...]

Why go 95% of the way there? These kinda sorta almost nearly vaguely look like authentic, vintage Mego figures. Yet they also kinda sorta almost nearly vaguely look like cruddy knock-offs. It's baffling.

-b

I am also with you on this. After seeing the facebook post, I came here to voice my frustration and found that you had voiced my concern:

Why go through all the trouble to get these so close only to get it wrong? The reason I wanted these is because I love Megos and want affordable *reproductions,* you know, like they were advertised. The Batman colors are wrong. They might "look nice" as someone suggested, but they don't look Mego.

And while I'm laying it down, I need to call BS on this:

only 5 bucks more than your DC attempt, and maybe the bodies won't suck on these.

Oh, this is low and totally uncalled for. Dismissing the Retro Action stuff here Doc's "attempt" is cruel. Everyone here knows or should know that the Mattel toys's faults weren't because of the Doc, and his bodies (and accessories) have consistently been the best quality of anything Mego-y since Mego.

tllgn
Sep 24, '13, 7:32 PM
i ordered a couple sets of these,i think their fantastic ,kinda takes me back to the 70s when i first got megos,
and this may be our only chance to get retro mego style superheroes ,and once the retro mego movement ends,
it could take 30 years or never to have this chance again,i am in for them all,just like emces offerings,because
in 30 years we will be to old to care.so enjoy,enjoy!!.if you dont like them dont buy them.i dont like the
clamshell idea,but i still want the toys.

HapSlash
Sep 24, '13, 7:37 PM
I think it's still a little early to tell, as these are still some pretty poor photos. I ran them through my image editor and sharpened them up a bit, which helps. But personally, I'm still torn... With them tied down to the shells with twist ties, it doesn't let them sit in the natural positions a mego would take. They might look better once freed from the cards (Which also gets me thinking, that you won't be able to take these out without some wire cutters which run the risk of damaging the figures, or destroying the packages.)

Overall, I think Batman looks alright. I like that they made him all match, although I would have preferred they made him a lighter color that would match his original boots and gloves... It was a much closer to the color used in the comics at the time. His cape also looks cheaply put together, lacking the bunched up section in front, needed to hide the neck seam. But in the end, I think it's a passable figure.

Robin on the other hand is my favorite mego, and the thing that jumps out the most, is the head and colors. Too mint-green, not enough lime-green... which I also think would be closer to the comic depiction. Also his cape is quite a bit shorter than the originals, making it look more like one of those trim jobs you see now and then. Meanwhile the mask isn't painted wide enough, making his forehead larger. His eyes are more closed, giving him a squint, and even the shape of the head seems to be thin and downcast.... all of it together almost gives him an old look. But then again, this may just be a trick of the light, the poor resolution, and over compressed quality of the pics.

I wasn't really thinking about these for myself. I have a young nephew whom I think would have a blast with mego figures, just as I did when I was younger. But, it's hard to tell if he would really take a shine to them. But then... I'm not a kid anymore either :P

As it was said, they do seem to lack the charm of the originals, But I will say this, they are much closer to what I was hoping might come out of Mattel's outing with the ReMego phase. I still can't look at some of those without laughing to myself.

osker55
Sep 24, '13, 7:43 PM
When do the figures series 1 come out? I like to get a set

Boywonder0
Sep 24, '13, 8:11 PM
Vintage Mego Batman and Robin fetch $250-$400 each in average if carded. The FTC Batman & Robin are $25 each and I can remove from their clamshell, play with them and put them back in their clamshells. I would have never been able to do that with my carded Mego Batman & Robin...

Thank you Figures Toys Company! I very much welcome these and other WGSH repros. Haters would always exist and justify themselves for not being able to buy them. I bet anything that none of them would refuse a FREE set if offered...

MIB41
Sep 24, '13, 8:27 PM
Finally, it seems clear to me that FTC used authentic Mego figures in all of their print and online advertising and promotion while soliciting pre-orders. That feels like the ol' bait-and-switch...
-b

When it comes to advertising "reproduction" figures, this is not the first time FTC has used this method of advertising. When they first promoted the KISS figures, they clearly used the Mego dolls as models, but always suggested those were their own. This is just another example to bait the consumer. And while some here may take cheap shots at Dr. Mego and his run with the DC heroes, he ALWAYS depicted his product honestly by showing prototypes of what was coming. FTC likes to idealize and overstate expectations. And once again, character selection plays a role here too. These Batman and Robin figures look like custom stuff all of us have seen on Ebay for years. But at the end of the day, it's not the figure that was advertised. Everyone expected photos of the figures displayed when the announcement was initially made. The company didn't suggest it, they stated it as "exact reproductions". To date the only figures that have come close to that description are EMCE's Planet of the Apes and early Star Trek lines. And Doc were behind those. :wink_y:

enyawd72
Sep 24, '13, 8:35 PM
I like 'em. Not sure what all the fuss is about. The colors on Batman are more consistent throughout than on the originals, where the heads, capes and boots/gloves were all different colors.

These look quality, and definitely not like crappy knock offs. In fact, quite the opposite. To me they look exactly like what Mego would have made with better, more consistent materials.

I think they actually look better than the prototypes.

MIB41
Sep 24, '13, 8:39 PM
I like 'em. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

It's difficult to sell nostalgia. It's very subjective.

THE FALCON
Sep 24, '13, 9:24 PM
I like them. Didn't expect them to match the originals perfectly. I'm just happy these are all being offered in the first place. The only thing I don't like is the fold on the front corner of the card exposing the DC logo but that's just me. Thanks FTC for making them and keep them figures coming.

Wise4671
Sep 24, '13, 9:25 PM
I like them and am glade I pre-ordered. Sure they don't look exactly like the ones from when we were kids but I already own the ones from when I was. I for one am Happy they can be told apart from the Originals but still close enough that my kids and nephews will be able to play with them and see why I collect the Megos that I collect.

Thank FTC for making these and doing such a GREAT job doing so.

BATMAN89
Sep 24, '13, 10:11 PM
Their first mistake was in saying "These action figures are exact reproductions of the original ones that were produced by Mego."
They are not! Obviously, right from the get go, the prototypes were on Type 2 bodies! If they were exact, they would be on Type 1 bodies.

Having said that, I am tempted to buy an RC Batman, and a painted cowl Batman, because they are a little different, just for my Batman collection.
The price point is what is making me hold off.

MEGOMAN
Sep 24, '13, 11:21 PM

One reason why I will not buy these. Why would I when I have the originals!!!

HardyGirl
Sep 25, '13, 1:30 AM
You guys are amazing. If they looked too close to the originals, you'd complain that it would be too easy to fool the original collectors w/ an imitation. (and I remember those same comments when Doc/EMCE came out w/ the POTA figures). Why can't you guys just appreciate the fact that FTC is bringing the wonderment, the memories, the retro grooviness that was once Mego to the masses of today? OK, so they're not EXACT...does that make them any less fun? These are the ones you can open and play w/ and give them to your kids. And if you have the originals anyway and don't plan on buying these, that's OK. But to say that they look like knockoffs is a bit harsh. I'm hoping the line does well so that they'll want to add more waves, and more superheroes. 'Cos if you guys are putting this down and won't buy them, we'll never see Superman, Aquaman or any villains. :no:

sauce
Sep 25, '13, 1:58 AM
Better Call Saul!

enyawd72
Sep 25, '13, 2:06 AM
You guys are amazing. If they looked too close to the originals, you'd complain that it would be too easy to fool the original collectors w/ an imitation. (and I remember those same comments when Doc/EMCE came out w/ the POTA figures). Why can't you guys just appreciate the fact that FTC is bringing the wonderment, the memories, the retro grooviness that was once Mego to the masses of today? OK, so they're not EXACT...does that make them any less fun? These are the ones you can open and play w/ and give them to your kids. And if you have the originals anyway and don't plan on buying these, that's OK. But to say that they look like knockoffs is a bit harsh. I'm hoping the line does well so that they'll want to add more waves, and more superheroes. 'Cos if you guys are putting this down and won't buy them, we'll never see Superman, Aquaman or any villains. :no:

Well said! I'm already looking forward to series seven...Hawkman, Firestorm, Dr. Fate, and the Atom.
Oh yeah, and the Marvel license...:drool_y:

alex
Sep 25, '13, 2:10 AM
I wasnt going to buy these, but they certainly look odd and wierd, and as someone described them" knockoff". I feel a headache for Brian coming on, as these are finally released and comments written, I feel for U ;)

Uni
Sep 25, '13, 3:21 AM
You guys are amazing. If they looked too close to the originals, you'd complain that it would be too easy to fool the original collectors w/ an imitation. (and I remember those same comments when Doc/EMCE came out w/ the POTA figures). Why can't you guys just appreciate the fact that FTC is bringing the wonderment, the memories, the retro grooviness that was once Mego to the masses of today?

The problem is that the pictures of the production samples don't look like what was promised. We were actually hoping for "wonderment, the memories, the retro grooviness that was once Mego"... and for several months we were promised this, in the form of "exact reproductions" of the original figures. Based on the production samples, these ain't that.

thunderbolt
Sep 25, '13, 3:49 AM
Oh, this is low and totally uncalled for. Dismissing the Retro Action stuff here Doc's "attempt" is cruel. Everyone here knows or should know that the Mattel toys's faults weren't because of the Doc, and his bodies (and accessories) have consistently been the best quality of anything Mego-y since Mego.

I liked the retro action, its a shame that between Mattel and Doc Mego it couldn't have been done right. But, for him to take a dig at the pricepoint on these seems a little cruel.

Chris
Sep 25, '13, 7:09 AM
I like 'em. Not sure what all the fuss is about. The colors on Batman are more consistent throughout than on the originals, where the heads, capes and boots/gloves were all different colors.
These look quality, and definitely not like crappy knock offs. In fact, quite the opposite. To me they look exactly like what Mego would have made with better, more consistent materials.
I think they actually look better than the prototypes.

Agreed. I luv 'em. I'll even have Toyroom and Mego73 make up some cool retro packaging. Palitoy can have the clamshells. Everybody wins.

Earth 2 Chris
Sep 25, '13, 9:08 AM
You guys are amazing. If they looked too close to the originals, you'd complain that it would be too easy to fool the original collectors w/ an imitation. (and I remember those same comments when Doc/EMCE came out w/ the POTA figures). Why can't you guys just appreciate the fact that FTC is bringing the wonderment, the memories, the retro grooviness that was once Mego to the masses of today? OK, so they're not EXACT...does that make them any less fun? These are the ones you can open and play w/ and give them to your kids. And if you have the originals anyway and don't plan on buying these, that's OK. But to say that they look like knockoffs is a bit harsh. I'm hoping the line does well so that they'll want to add more waves, and more superheroes. 'Cos if you guys are putting this down and won't buy them, we'll never see Superman, Aquaman or any villains.

What she said.

Chris

CrimsonGhost
Sep 25, '13, 10:06 AM
Can't wait to see what happens when the Teen Titans come out.

MIB41
Sep 25, '13, 10:12 AM

I think calling something a knockoff is not nearly the crime it's being labeled to be here. It's an opinion. And like all opinions, they will vary. This hobby has a great history of knockoffs that are mostly loved - AHI, LJN, Remco to name just a few. So these will likely find their place, just like other efforts have. The license kind of sells itself. But we as hobbyists and collectors typically don't engage in this art form without some passion behind it. So knee jerk reactions should be considered the norm here. Some may warm to them later. Some may go the opposite direction. But sometimes we just have to agree to disagree and move on. Vote with your wallet.

Figuremod73
Sep 25, '13, 10:24 AM
I like the vibrant colors. It would be hard to find original figures for twentyfive bucks in this condition.

I do think Robins head looks a little weird though...unless its just the way its positioned.

edit: I wish they had used this opportunity to get robin titan sized.

noelani72
Sep 25, '13, 10:56 AM
Christmas presents!

yup - with so many waves out there for pre-order, and none shipping yet, this will become fodder for folks to supply me with holiday goodness...cuz lord knows I cannot afford to buy so many waves all at once.

Spyweb007
Sep 25, '13, 11:13 AM
I think they look good, I like the colors, even the darker blue. If Mego Corp itself rose from the grave and started making figures again they probably would be just as different from the originals as these are, and the differences are minimal at that.

Jason73
Sep 25, '13, 12:20 PM
A "new" market? Really. Visited eBay lately? :sarky:

Anyway, it really doesn't matter what I think. I'm disappointed but I'll just move on. I wish FTC the best, but these aren't what I expected, and these aren't for me.

-b

All I meant was, I'm glad these won't be easy to pass off as original Mego.

UnderdogDJLSW
Sep 25, '13, 12:34 PM
I am on the side of the fence that is glad they are coming out. My son wants a Riddler as right now he has a Mattel RA Batman and beater Mego Penguin, Joker, and Robin. Like others have said, though, I need to be selective on which ones I purchase as he has the others. I totally feel for those who were expecting an exact duplicate, but 40 years later I can understand why it is not. When I see ebay selling Riddler suits only for $20. $25 & shipping for a whole figure for my son doesn't seem that bad.

Werewolf
Sep 25, '13, 12:46 PM
OK, so they're not EXACT...does that make them any less fun? These are the ones you can open and play w/ and give them to your kids.

Well said and the pictures on their site do say "prototype pictured" right on the image. When you've been collecting as long as we have you do generally have the idea by now that toys don't often exactly match their mock ups and protos.

GAFan
Sep 25, '13, 1:19 PM
Well said and the pictures on their site do say "prototype pictured" right on the image. When you've been collecting as long as we have you do generally have the idea by now that toys don't often exactly match their mock ups and protos.

I was thinking the same thing. Look at the prototype picture of the secret identities in the gallery. Following the logic of some people (who I normally respect and agree with), they wouldn't have bought the secret identity figures because the outfits were different. I see these as an homage to the megos of my youth. Will I pick them up? I don't know yet, but I applaud them for the attempt and thank them for making them available.

PNGwynne
Sep 25, '13, 1:49 PM

Can you think of another industry where such broad, general interpretations of the original are acceptable as "reproduction" items? ... it seems that dead-on accuracy is the objective. Not some loose composite of every version of the product ever manufactured.

-b

Er...ok. If you say so--but you know that your analogy about watch parts is inaccurate. We are not discussing silver versus tin. A typical vintage Mego Batman features a vinyl head, plastic body with rubber & metal rigging, plastic belt & boots, knit polyester bodysuit with sewn-in trunks & metal snaps, a nylon cape, vinyl "oven-mitt" gloves, & a printed paper or cloth emblem.

By all appearances, the FTC Batman features just these components. You personally don't like the darker blue--I do, but I concede that periwinkle would have been more accurate. FTC is using poly single-knit ("Jet-Set"), which is the closest contemporary fabric to vintage Mego knit. They did not use lycra/spandex, cotton jersey, or milliskin as other remegoes sometimes have.

The proof will be in the details once we handle the figures. How is the body? FTC paint apps are typically good, & they have improved their head castings--less squishy. The gloves appear to be matte/textured now, which was a concern of mine. FTC boots have typically been thinner & closer to vintage boots than some others. The cape is sewn poorly--that is a drawback.

FTC erred in calling these "exact" reproductions & using saturated "Benbarb" photos of vintage Mego in its ads. These should have been solicited as "modern reproductions" or even "detailed reproductions of original" (as Emce Trek was). CTVT/FTC packaging has always been poor, and most here knew that the ads were disingenuous. So they have set themselves up a little.

But crappy knock-off?--I don't think so yet, either in relation to their earlier product or remegoes in general.

megoscott
Sep 25, '13, 1:56 PM
It's close, they look a lot closer than they might have, they haven't embarrassed themselves or totally disgraced the Mego legacy, which was a real fear based on past performance. I need to see one up close and hold it in my hand to render a final judgement, but it seems like they didn't stick the landing.

I absolutely agree they shot themselves in the foot by using gorgeous original Megos as their "prototype" pictures, which they are doing again today with the Teen Titans. That, and promising "exact reproductions".

That is to say, they may have shot themselves in the foot with us hardcore Mego fans. Casual fans will not be so disturbed by the differences if they notice them at all.

Promising fans an exact duplicate of a toy that they have had a very close and somewhat emotional relationship with for 40 years is a recipe for a let-down. We have a lot of very discerning people here and the details really matter. To paraphrase Gil from Breaking Bad, 93% pure vs 99% pure may not seem like a lot, but it's a world of difference.

In the end, what here say and feel has no bearing on their final success. Making hardcore Mego fans happy is somewhat important in this business but getting the rest of the world on board is what counts for sales. You should expect the fans at the Mego Museum to pick apart your product, but it doesn't matter if they love it or not if you can't sell casual fans on it.

For that reason I think they would have been much better served with a better mix of characters and new figures. The rest of the world doesn't care about copies of the Montgomery Wards Secret Identities. Most of us don't either. The Secret IDs are special only because they are rare and legendary. Otherwise they are just dumb dolls in bad suits.

I hope they make it through these initial waves so they can start making new characters that don't have to suffer in comparison to the original. If the new ones are designed properly so they look as close to original Megos as these look it will be really exciting. This Batman will not look perfect standing next to an original Batman, but a Flash made in the same style might really fit in well.

And it really is a shame they didn't come to some of us for graphic design help.

exoduschj
Sep 25, '13, 1:56 PM
I saw these pics yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised with the darker and more consistent coloring. I'm loving these so far and can't wait to get them. Great job Figures Toy Company! I can't wait to see Superman with darker blue and red! Overall these are bypassing my expectations!

CrimsonGhost
Sep 25, '13, 1:59 PM
As far as the color goes, DC has model sheets that have the approved Pantone colors already worked out on it. I'm sure they had to follow the guidelines.

PNGwynne
Sep 25, '13, 2:06 PM
Well said, Scott.

And CG, you make a good point about the DC-approved copy-art & colors. I personally don't care for it (Mattel did better), but it is still more polished than typical CTVT stuff.

rchatlin
Sep 25, '13, 3:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Look at the prototype picture of the secret identities in the gallery. Following the logic of some people (who I normally respect and agree with), they wouldn't have bought the secret identity figures because the outfits were different. I see these as an homage to the megos of my youth. Will I pick them up? I don't know yet, but I applaud them for the attempt and thank them for making them available.

I feel the difference is that they weren't showing prototypes for a "new" product,
but rather a stated promise of "exact reproductions" of something we all obsess over.

So yes, we will notice that they're not exact - they're close, but then again so are a lot of the custom figures made by the talented folks here.

r
o
b

sprytel
Sep 25, '13, 4:02 PM
I'm curious... Was there this kind of backlash when EMCE put out the Trek figures? Because they weren't 100% exact reproductions?

The colors/fabrics were a bit off on the Trek figures, too. The stripes on the blue shirts were silver instead of gold. And yet, I gladly purchased them. They were the "gateway drug" that got me back into my childhood Megos... and that got me onto this site.

I suspect this line could do the same for a lot of other people who loved the WGSH line. People who aren't currently obsessively searching eBay for vintage Megos. People who don't even remember the original color because by their original figure was faded, stained, and well-loved. Those people seem more the target demographic for these figures.

MegoMark71
Sep 25, '13, 4:34 PM
So for us that are a bit late....Where are these going to be sold?

PNGwynne
Sep 25, '13, 5:19 PM
I'm curious... Was there this kind of backlash when EMCE put out the Trek figures? Because they weren't 100% exact reproductions?

The colors/fabrics were a bit off on the Trek figures, too. The stripes on the blue shirts were silver instead of gold. And yet, I gladly purchased them. They were the "gateway drug" that got me back into my childhood Megos... and that got me onto this site.

Finally, someone puts this into perspective--thank you.

I have vintage & Emce Trek & enjoy them both; this might be the case with WGSH, too. I certainly couldn't say that about knights, monsters, pirates, or even merry men.

UnderdogDJLSW
Sep 25, '13, 5:33 PM
I'm curious... Was there this kind of backlash when EMCE put out the Trek figures?
I think there were comments about Scotty's red head and the silver bands on the light blue for the new Treks, but as I alluded to before, everyone has the right to voice their concerns. (as long as it doesn't turn into any sort of rage, and I do believe anyone who has posted so far has been unreasonable.

Again, looking at this from a Collector's perspective - not 100%, but looking at it from my son's 8 year old perspective the idea of having figure he doesn't have, yet is awesome. (And that includes Bruce and Dick - as he wants to have the alter egos for his adventures). I have been waiting to see what comes out before the holidays before I promise him anything, but hopefully at least Riddler will. I personally am excited to see my son excited about these.

HardyGirl
Sep 25, '13, 8:25 PM
Again, looking at this from a Collector's perspective - not 100%, but looking at it from my son's 8 year old perspective the idea of having figure he doesn't have, yet is awesome. (And that includes Bruce and Dick - as he wants to have the alter egos for his adventures). I have been waiting to see what comes out before the holidays before I promise him anything, but hopefully at least Riddler will. I personally am excited to see my son excited about these.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; that's what it's all about. The passing of the torch, sharing the Mego love. Getting the kids into these as much as we once were. I hope we get to see some snaps of your son enjoying these. (even if they're only back of his head!) :wink:

hedrap
Sep 25, '13, 9:36 PM
I understand the concern at feeling conned by the protos, but as pointed out by PNG, Scott and CG, the materials and dyes are no longer the same, along with the WB Quality Control, which we sure as hell know didn't exist for WGSH!

Also take into consideration how Mego prototypes differentiated from final product. SI Parker is the poster boy for "one of these things is not like the other..."

Scott, though, makes the best point. If they're banking on the diehards to buy all of these, they have a sad day ahead of them. My kids would rather kitbash their own and it saves me 10-15 a figure. I keep thinking they're releasing these waves because they already have most of the master parts, so the investment isn't as deep.

IMO, they should have waited and started with Batman '66. Pre-order sell out.

MIB41
Sep 26, '13, 5:49 AM
It's close, they look a lot closer than they might have, they haven't embarrassed themselves or totally disgraced the Mego legacy, which was a real fear based on past performance. I need to see one up close and hold it in my hand to render a final judgement, but it seems like they didn't stick the landing.

I absolutely agree they shot themselves in the foot by using gorgeous original Megos as their "prototype" pictures, which they are doing again today with the Teen Titans. That, and promising "exact reproductions".

That is to say, they may have shot themselves in the foot with us hardcore Mego fans. Casual fans will not be so disturbed by the differences if they notice them at all.

Promising fans an exact duplicate of a toy that they have had a very close and somewhat emotional relationship with for 40 years is a recipe for a let-down. We have a lot of very discerning people here and the details really matter. To paraphrase Gil from Breaking Bad, 93% pure vs 99% pure may not seem like a lot, but it's a world of difference.

In the end, what here say and feel has no bearing on their final success. Making hardcore Mego fans happy is somewhat important in this business but getting the rest of the world on board is what counts for sales. You should expect the fans at the Mego Museum to pick apart your product, but it doesn't matter if they love it or not if you can't sell casual fans on it.

For that reason I think they would have been much better served with a better mix of characters and new figures. The rest of the world doesn't care about copies of the Montgomery Wards Secret Identities. Most of us don't either. The Secret IDs are special only because they are rare and legendary. Otherwise they are just dumb dolls in bad suits.

I hope they make it through these initial waves so they can start making new characters that don't have to suffer in comparison to the original. If the new ones are designed properly so they look as close to original Megos as these look it will be really exciting. This Batman will not look perfect standing next to an original Batman, but a Flash made in the same style might really fit in well.

And it really is a shame they didn't come to some of us for graphic design help.

BINGO! From my perspective, Scott's statement puts this to bed.

Scousebadger
Sep 26, '13, 1:07 PM
I have to say I agree with a lot of what MegoScott has to say.

The line is going to make or break on what the general public think? Who is really going to be interested in buying their kids figures/dolls dressed in 1970s clothing?

Especially when you have the likes of Fisher-Price and their Imaginext DC range doing fantastic looking figures as well as amazing playsets and vehicles.

The only people who would consider buying the FTC figures are either people who remember the WGSH from the first time around, or those who collect them anyway.

So it seems a bit mad to start off by releasing a whole slew of figures that Mego did so well 40 years ago and that are still available to those who want them on the secondary market. Unless FTC are not confident in their ability to come up with new product that would match or complement the original WGSH range. If so, then the line won't last beyond reproductions of the original range.

mego
Sep 26, '13, 2:34 PM
I think these look pretty good. Even though they're prototypes, I'm noticing that their legs seem to standing up straight, which is a good thing.

In regards to these being exact or not... haven't people here expressed the desire to have small differences that distinguish the originals from the repros? The differences that are being discussed seem very very slight. There's bound to be some differences here, 40 years have passed.

Brown Bear
Sep 26, '13, 3:15 PM
I was so excited when Retro Action figures came out, but they were more "mego-like" than mego to me. I love them anyway, but these look and feel like Mego. This FEELS like an extension of the mego line to me and I hope the usual expected witch hunt doesn't put a damper on it. C'mon guys.....we're getting DC mego's.....stop wining!

They're not exact replicas and people will bee-otch about them no matter what we get. I'm thrilled that these are coming and as long as quality/price meet my needs I've support the line and so far it does.

deputypowell
Sep 27, '13, 9:40 AM
I have been on here for years now, I rarely say much. I am happy to see this line with al its imperfections. I hope it is a success! I will buy these.

deputypowell
Sep 27, '13, 9:41 AM
I have been on here for years now, I rarely say much. I am happy to see this line with all its imperfections. I hope it is a success! I will buy these.

clemso
Sep 27, '13, 9:55 AM
The rest of the world doesn't care about copies of the Montgomery Wards Secret Identities. Most of us don't either. The Secret IDs are special only because they are rare and legendary. Otherwise they are just dumb dolls in bad suits.

I want this quote on a t-shirt :smiley1:

jimsmegos
Sep 27, '13, 11:13 AM
I want this quote on a t-shirt :smiley1:

Here ya go.. well, sorta :wink_y:

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/jimsmegos/Dumbdollsinsuits_zps116db9e2.jpg (http://s945.photobucket.com/user/jimsmegos/media/Dumbdollsinsuits_zps116db9e2.jpg.html)

Aricosaur
Sep 27, '13, 1:01 PM
^^^ That is disturbing and hilarious! :smiley1:

megoscott
Sep 27, '13, 1:24 PM
Hell, you can put that on my tombstone.

Captain Awesome
Sep 27, '13, 2:22 PM
Make that into a shirt and I'd buy one!
REPRESENT, YO!!! Lol!

newlyknighted
Sep 27, '13, 2:51 PM
Great T-shirt!! I'm feeling optimistic about these retros. I really want this line to have the sales expectations FTC wants it to have. If so, we could all win with new interpretations of our iconic heroes and heroines. Bring on Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, and many more! Good luck with these FTC!

Iron Mego
Sep 27, '13, 3:52 PM
Dumb dolls in suits... that kinda sums up this whole subculture, don't it? :silly:

Captain Awesome
Sep 27, '13, 4:48 PM
I'm tellin ya, it's a fantastic idea for a T-shirt!!! You could even have options of which characters you want on the shirt with the same verbage. Just use the pics from the museum trading cards or somethin...somebody somewhere has to have them cataloged, right? Use the proceeds to help fund the museum or just donate part of the proceeds....you get the idea.
I think we may be on to somethin here...

Captain Awesome
Sep 27, '13, 4:49 PM
The thread kinda went astray though...sorry bout that.

Brown Bear
Sep 27, '13, 5:55 PM
Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent are two of the most anticipated figs for my seven year old boys. They can't wait for these S.I's.

Mego-Amigo
Sep 27, '13, 8:16 PM
I am really happy they are doing these. I have dreamed about it for years. I for one have no interest in trying to find perfect original figures on the secondary market and pay high prices for them. I did it for years and always needed to upgrade in some way. This way I can have replicas of my favorite childhood figures and be completely happy with them. I realize some of you already have originals and some of you prefer only originals and that's OK but they are making these replicas for people like me. A big thanks to Figures for making a life long dream come true.

Lynn TXP 0369
Sep 27, '13, 8:22 PM
I'm a bitted stunned.
I hope it's not too late to cancel my pre-order with my local comic shop, because I am passing on all of these. Two enthusiastic thumbs down. What a shame.

-b

They can't be much worse then the Mattel DC 8" clothed figures with the lousy posing bodies and material that pilled up as soon as you touched it.
I know that wasn't Docs fault too BTW..
Lynn

Lynn TXP 0369
Sep 27, '13, 8:32 PM

Very true and a lot of you are all basing opinions on lousy out of focus and unclear pics too...
Give it a bit of time to see where it plays out.
I'll get them either way.
Lynn

mego73
Sep 27, '13, 11:27 PM
Well, as someone who has taken digital pictures of my boxes under not quite ideal conditions I know that some blues and greens come out lighter in the picture than real life. I usually have to go in and tweak up the look to be more representative of what I see live. I bet the lime green on Robin is not so lime green in person, especially if FTC has to adhere to DC's specifications.

Otherwise, I got no problem with these samples. Kind of surprised with the strong opinions but I think a lot of it has to do with the more slap dash photos.

silentj76
Sep 27, '13, 11:28 PM
I have been a member on here for awhile and I don't post much but after reading all this I feel the need to. I think these figures look great and I plan on picking up a few but I am waiting to see how the bodies are. I know everyone has the right to their own opinions, but people seem to jump the gun a bit on new products. I agree that we should give it time. I think it's cool that FTC are offering these and hopefully they will do well enough to give us DC characters that mego never produced like Firestorm. All in all I think it's a good attempt at reproduction megos. Who knows what the future will hold, time will tell.
Josh

enyawd72
Sep 28, '13, 3:41 AM
People seem to confuse a genuinely bad product with a product that doesn't meet their personal expectations.

madmarva
Sep 28, '13, 11:51 AM
^bingo

Boywonder0
Sep 28, '13, 2:28 PM
I have been a member on here for awhile and I don't post much but after reading all this I feel the need to. I think these figures look great and I plan on picking up a few but I am waiting to see how the bodies are. I know everyone has the right to their own opinions, but people seem to jump the gun a bit on new products. I agree that we should give it time. I think it's cool that FTC are offering these and hopefully they will do well enough to give us DC characters that mego never produced like Firestorm. All in all I think it's a good attempt at reproduction megos. Who knows what the future will hold, time will tell.
Josh

Very well said. I think that those whining are just justifying themselves for not being able to buy these...

PNGwynne
Sep 28, '13, 3:12 PM
Why would vintage collectors who are concerned about repros not be able to buy repros that are substantially cheaper than vintage Mego?

JediJaida
Sep 28, '13, 4:59 PM
You hit the nail right on the head!

VinMan
Sep 28, '13, 6:24 PM
People seem to confuse a genuinely bad product with a product that doesn't meet their personal expectations.

As usual we are in full agreement Mr Dwayne.

MegoSteve
Sep 28, '13, 7:23 PM

That is exactly right.

I don't think I'll make any judgments on color until I see them in person. Those photos are terrible. For all we know, these are pics were shot on a cheap phone with bad lighting and posted as-is, not on a DSLR carefully lit in a light tent (like they really should be) then adjusted in Photoshop.

I do agree Figures Inc's graphic design is lousy. I can't get over they're still using that awful logo of theirs. It looks like something I drew in junior high.

The Bat
Sep 28, '13, 10:36 PM

Very well said!:yes: Naturally, not everyone will be happy with these figures...it's always this way. Like you said...make them to "PERFECT" and everyone will complain they will be passed off as originals. Change them a little bit(color, material, etc...)then they'll complain their not close enough. It's a no win scenario.

Personally....I LOVE THEM! And I've lost interest and stopped collecting Megos. But this will bring me back! I plan to buy lot's of them, I'm so HAPPY! And then there's the 66 figures coming up...man, I'm gonna need a second job!:smiley1:

The Bat
Sep 28, '13, 10:47 PM

GREAT example! The Romulan material was waaaaay off! But I bought him anyway(and a few extras). I then found a material much closer to the original and had Brian Leitner make me a new Romulan suit. And I'm happy as hell to own a rare Mego I never thought I'd have.:smile:

Brown Bear
Sep 29, '13, 7:07 AM
Stand an EMCE Scotty next to a mego and tell me it's exact repro. These new WGSH are just as much a repro as EMCE's Trek.

huedell
Sep 30, '13, 3:33 AM
....everyone will complain they will be passed off as originals....
Not me. I'd rejoice.

And, with all respect to HardyGirl's et al's good intentions, I'm really not considering the "younger generation"---and apparently neither are some of the Museum members who bagged on me for what I thought was a stupid business move to release Alfred as their first new WGSH style figure (I had mentioned children woulda preferred someone NOT...um... Alfred...and *they* said these figures were primarily for collectors and not kids).

While the figures look passable enough to call them "neat-o"---they've made so many stupid mistakes thus far with this line, that I'm content seeing if they pique my interest enough to buy a set of them loose after about Wave 6, or so... if they even make it that far.

I guess if I didn't have any other toys to be excited about collecting, I'd have to hang my hopes on the "new WGSH" but Star Wars 6 inchers Black Series and MOTUC (and rounding out my DCUC, too) are enough to easily persuade me not to give these Figures Inc. products a second look til about 2015.

Figuremod73
Sep 30, '13, 12:50 PM
So, when is wave 1 going to start shipping to peoples door? Ive been waiting and waiting and no ones gotten one yet for a review....

Uni
Sep 30, '13, 1:23 PM

While this fact may be true, it's dismissive to those of us who are complaining about the figures and it's not relevant to the argument. This is not about a personal expectation, it's about what was promised by FTC.

Something I don't understand is why, when someone complains about something that might even be a big deal for many of us, IMMEDIATELY there are SO many posts effectively saying, "That's not a big deal, they're pretty close," or that we're haters, or that the line's going to disappear because some of us are disappointed. "YOU HATE PUPPIES!" No, no one hates puppies.

If you're happy with them, you're happy with them, fine. But that doesn't make those of us who are disappointed feel any better or any more understood. All the "disappointed" were lumped together in several responses reasoning that we're not going to buy them - I think a couple of people said they wouldn't, but as MegoScott pointed out, a few hardcore Mego fans not buying won't make or break FTC.

Please, if you don't agree, don't agree, but don't belittle the complainers. We're not wrong, we're bummed and our concerns are just as legitimate as yours.

I suppose I'm arguing for an internet forum to stick to cogent, valid points and be respectful. Yes, I know better. :)

megoscott
Sep 30, '13, 2:25 PM
To quote Emily Nussbaum's famous review of the Lost finale, "A disappointed fan is still a fan."

I'm appalled by so-called nerd rage as much as anyone, and we've certainly had some outrageous over-the-top negative reactions in the last few ReMego years here. But whenever I hear people say "lighten up, they're just toys" I think "Right...and we are a toy discussion forum...this is what we are here for!"

We've been obsessing over little details for decades, that's what we do. You could argue that it's that level of myopic nerd obsession and never-ending discussion that made these figures possible in the first place.

If you are bothered by the texture of vinyl oven-mitt gloves or disturbed by vinyl head distortion you'd better whine about it here, because it's pretty much the only place on Earth where people will know or care what you are talking about.

megoscott
Sep 30, '13, 2:26 PM
If you are bothered by the texture of vinyl oven-mitt gloves or disturbed by vinyl head distortion you'd better whine about it here, because it's pretty much the only place on Earth where people will know or care what you are talking about.

T-Shirt #2!

boynightwing
Sep 30, '13, 4:55 PM
I'm getting the Riddler from this set because I already have Mego's of the others. I'm interested in the Alter Egos and Removable mask variants. It's an exciting time to be in this hobby.

The Bat
Sep 30, '13, 5:10 PM
While this fact may be true, it's dismissive to those of us who are complaining about the figures and it's not relevant to the argument. This is not about a personal expectation, it's about what was promised by FTC.

Something I don't understand is why, when someone complains about something that might even be a big deal for many of us, IMMEDIATELY there are SO many posts effectively saying, "That's not a big deal, they're pretty close," or that we're haters, or that the line's going to disappear because some of us are disappointed. "YOU HATE PUPPIES!" No, no one hates puppies.

If you're happy with them, you're happy with them, fine. But that doesn't make those of us who are disappointed feel any better or any more understood. All the "disappointed" were lumped together in several responses reasoning that we're not going to buy them - I think a couple of people said they wouldn't, but as MegoScott pointed out, a few hardcore Mego fans not buying won't make or break FTC.

Please, if you don't agree, don't agree, but don't belittle the complainers. We're not wrong, we're bummed and our concerns are just as legitimate as yours. :)

I sympathize and and agree. I got the same treatment when the MATTEL Heroes line came out. I was also called a "Hater" because I didn't like a lot of the sculpts and thought they were poorly done(don't get me started on the bodies:googly:). But I do own...and think some of them came out pretty decent(Sinestro, Twoface, Manhunter, etc...).

Teemu
Sep 30, '13, 5:48 PM
If people can't show disatisfaction in products they support and pay for,then businesses will have no reason to change or improve their product in the future

Wtrailer
Sep 30, '13, 7:17 PM
What exactly is wrong with them? From the most recent pic I'm having a hard time discerning the inaccuracies. They look pretty cool to me. I love the idea of having replicas of these old toys. I wish Hasbro would make replicas of the original Star Wars figures. I would be all over those like a bum on a bologna sandwich.

WT

Mego-Amigo
Sep 30, '13, 8:36 PM
Replicas of the original Star Wars figures are way overdue.

huedell
Sep 30, '13, 8:37 PM
What exactly is wrong with them? From the most recent pic I'm having a hard time discerning the inaccuracies.
If you grew up with them, and were anticipating a more close look, they are easily spotted.

I love the idea of having replicas of these old toys.
I love the "idea" too. It's what I'm seeing in the pics that I'm not too thrilled about.

I wish Hasbro would make replicas of the original Star Wars figures. I would be all over those like a bum on a bologna sandwich.
I actually *was*... when it happened with the 4 pack of Han, Luke, Vader and Chewie back in 1997... I never picked up the more recent Fett replica (which had a firing rocket instead of the stationary one).

THOSE SW figures are solid examples of nice replicas that even a really picky collector couldn't discern from a picture. As were the vintage He-Man/MOTU reissues a few years back.

If ONLY these newer WGSH based figs looked as "alike" as what Hasbro and Mattel did, then I wouldn't've been saying these things, and I'm thinking that neither would others.

Funny that you reminded me of yet ANOTHER reason my expectations were higher with these new figures from Figures Inc.

megomania
Sep 30, '13, 11:10 PM

Please, if you don't agree, don't agree, but don't belittle the complainers. We're not wrong, we're bummed and our concerns are just as legitimate as yours.

I suppose I'm arguing for an internet forum to stick to cogent, valid points and be respectful. Yes, I know better. :)

Noun 1. complainer - a person given to excessive complaints and crying and whining

CrimsonGhost
Sep 30, '13, 11:26 PM
Perhaps what will be required in the future is two threads: one for people that like the figures and don't want to read posts from people that don't and one for people that don't like the figures and don't want to read posts from people that do. HAHA!

Wtrailer
Sep 30, '13, 11:30 PM
Actually, the replicas of the four original Star Wars figures had some distinct differences, especially the Luke. I still thought they were cool though. The Fett with the rocket-firing mechanism is taller than its vintage counterpart. I did grow up with the Megos albeit I was quite young and I have an original Batman and Robin in my collection now. The only difference I can see is maybe the colors. The blue looks darker on the new Batman.

You all rock! I love your attitude towards replica vintage toys. Some of the Star Wars forums I visit can get real testy when you mention vintage Star Wars replicas.

WT

huedell
Oct 1, '13, 2:30 AM
Actually, the replicas of the four original Star Wars figures had some distinct differences, especially the Luke.
Not that irked me from pictures... NOR from even being in my own hand. Obviously I couldn't tell the Fett was taller from a picture. As far as you being happy with all these toys... that's cool...in fact, I envy you. I was cool, however, with the Star Wars replicas & He-Man replicas though, just to be clear.

And replicas in general? Bring 'em on. Let the market crash... and all of us have our toys for CHEAP.

megodarryl
Oct 1, '13, 3:27 PM
Well said! I'm already looking forward to series seven...Hawkman, Firestorm, Dr. Fate, and the Atom.
Oh yeah, and the Marvel license...:drool_y:

I agree with Hardy Girl and enyawd 72-I like what I've seen so far, and will support this line. I'm planning to use their darker blue boots, the 1966 utility belt, and the Mattel Retro Action suit and hands to get my Batman just the way I want him.

And Paul, thanks again for Mattel's Retro Action!! Just having access to those factory made suits, heads, and weapons was more than worth the retail price; I could never have gotten a custom Capt. Cold, with his gun, for only $25.00 .

JediJaida
Oct 1, '13, 3:50 PM
I asked the other night when the Catwoman style boots would be available for sale loose.

They said that they didn't have a firm idea, but sometime next year.

I'll admit that I'm a tad disappointed to have to wait so long, but I figure that it will be worth the wait.

While my interest is primarily in the 1966 line, I am glad to see the other Classic Mego line being made. I'm a bit choosy when it comes to the figures I want, so I'll be glad to sit back and wait for them to come out.

However, if the body falls apart after I get a hold of it; I stand by my right to complain.

I was hoping for them to come out in time for Christmas (and who here hasn't?), but if I have to wait until New Year's or afterward, so be it.

PNGwynne
Oct 1, '13, 5:03 PM
Perhaps what will be required in the future is two threads: one for people that like the figures and don't want to read posts from people that don't and one for people that don't like the figures and don't want to read posts from people that do. HAHA!

Lol. Well, that would be more a bulletin board than a forum.

I like to think I'm expressing concerns, rather than complaints. Constructive criticism, perhaps. How could products improve otherwise?

You can always vote with your wallet--I often advocate this--but let's be honest, wouldn't constructive criticism that leads to a line's longevity be better than killing it early?

Boywonder0
Oct 1, '13, 7:36 PM
"Wouldn't constructive criticism that leads to a line's longevity be better than killing it early?"

Right on bro!

The Bat
Oct 1, '13, 8:19 PM
Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
"Wouldn't constructive criticism that leads to a line's longevity be better than killing it early?"

Right on bro!

I 2nd that!!:yes::hokay:

Type Two
Oct 2, '13, 10:37 PM
Batman looks good, Robin looks like he has a Ledy head. Joker looks great, best of the bunch, IMHO. Riddler looks awful. Something about his neck and the weird look in his eye.

Regardless, wish them all the best.

deputypowell
Oct 8, '13, 7:41 AM
I must have missed this somewhere...are these going to be clamshell style or vintage style cardbacks?

mego73
Oct 8, '13, 2:16 PM
Clamshell, I believe.

I must have missed this somewhere...are these going to be clamshell style or vintage style cardbacks?

jwyblejr
Oct 9, '13, 1:08 PM
Has anyone asked Marty what he thinks of these?

tllgn
Oct 9, '13, 7:08 PM
^^^ that would be interesting , And what does doctor mego think of these ,i mean this guy is our guru.

THE FALCON
Oct 9, '13, 7:24 PM
I looked up Batman and Robin and they had an August release date. Was a new date announced?

ukaking
Oct 9, '13, 7:48 PM
I understand some people's need for the exact, but compared to having almost nothing since the 1980's of this nature, I am STOKED! Thank you Figures Inc. for all these new waves of Mego goodness! *bows*

Brown Bear
Oct 9, '13, 7:57 PM
Amen to that.

The Bat
Oct 10, '13, 10:22 PM
I understand some people's need for the exact, but compared to having almost nothing since the 1980's of this nature, I am STOKED! Thank you Figures Inc. for all these new waves of Mego goodness! *bows*

Hell yeah brother!! Couldn't agree more!:hokay:

Figuremod73
Oct 24, '13, 5:14 PM
I was just wondering when the retro's wave 1 were shipping to customers. Anyone know?

argent007
Oct 26, '13, 12:31 AM
I'm happy that these are coming out. If they were spot on replicas, then I'd like buy them all. I did buy two each of the Mattel Retro Action figures. But, this time around, I'm likely just going to plan for the Alter Egos and Teen Titans. Though there may be an impulse buy or two.

And I'll actually buy these for the kids in my extended family as gifts to extend the "Mego" love.

noelani72
Oct 26, '13, 7:33 AM
For some reason, my mind is not merely focused on buying these and keeping them sealed as I have with 98% of the other retro figs. In cases where I wanted a loose fig, I bought two...and that really only dominated with the EMCE monster line.
With these, I want them all and have every intention of opening them up.
I'll prolly keep the baker card, but ditch the clam.

Charlton Fan
Oct 26, '13, 8:30 AM
I'm very excited about these, and future lines. I don't mind the darker color from these photos. My Carded PinPin Batman has nearly the same color head. (and inexplicably a very pale flesh paint)
I'm hoping that the material isn't the same as Mattel's. Something about it just bugs me. I also dislike Mattel's reds. Superman, Flash, and Captain Marvels costumes are too "day glow" for me. Are we content as well to accept some of the original Mego's shortcomings such as the inferior plastic of the boots and gloves? There's one thing that's been a marked improvement. Capes that don't fray would be nice too.

Relic
Oct 26, '13, 8:48 PM
These figures look really nice in my opinion. They are not exact but that may be a good thing. Vintage Megos should hold there value because of the very subtle differences with the new ones. As far as price goes, I remember Megos for 5 dollars back in the 1970's. Back then that would be about 25 dollars in todays money. I will be buying them as they still have that old time charm to them.

Uni
Oct 29, '13, 11:21 PM
As far as price goes, I remember Megos for 5 dollars back in the 1970's. Back then that would be about 25 dollars in todays money. I will be buying them as they still have that old time charm to them.

If wages and income had kept up with inflation, yes. But as Americans we no longer have anywhere near the same buying power that we did in the 1970s.

For example: In 1977, minimum wage was $2.30 (inflationally adjusted, $21.16 in today's money!). Median price for a new home was $45,000, and median income was approximately $12,000 (or, inflationally adjusted to "today's money, approximately $47,000!).

What that means is that your house could be purchased at about 4x your annual income, and one hour at minimum wage it was approximately half a Mego. (They were much, much cheaper from Heroes World, and Toys R Us, btw- closer to $3/ea).

Unfortunately, as we know, minimum wage is $7.71. That's ~3 hours to earn a FTC Batman. Yow!

-----

In other news, Is there any news on whether these will actually ship in November?

MIB41
Oct 30, '13, 7:08 AM
Uni is correct. Mego's were closer to $3.00 than $5.00. I have some boxed Megos with a sticker barely over $2.00. A realistic price adjustment today would be closer to $15.00 for a base line hero like this offering.

palitoy
Oct 30, '13, 7:36 AM
Uni is correct. Mego's were closer to $3.00 than $5.00. I have some boxed Megos with a sticker barely over $2.00. A realistic price adjustment today would be closer to $15.00 for a base line hero like this offering.

You're not factoring in economies of scale. BIG difference in doing a run of say 5,000 versus several 100,000 like Mego did in the day.

This is a boutique run compared to it's original hey day.

Part of my job is regular product development in China, the difference between a small shipment and filling a container can't be glossed over.

Oh and licensing fees? They've tripled in 40 years, with more on the up front than on the back end. I did a small deal with DC comics a few years back that cost more than Mego likely paid to get the whole WGSH!

Chris
Oct 30, '13, 7:50 AM
You're not factoring in economies of scale. BIG difference in doing a run of say 5,000 versus several 100,000 like Mego did in the day.

Part of my job is regular product development in China, the difference between a small shipment and filling a container can't be glossed over.

Oh and licensing fees? They've tripled in 40 years, with more on the up front than on the back end. I did a small deal with DC comics a few years back that cost more than Mego likely paid to get the whole WGSH!

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I love the behind-the-scenes insider view.

MIB41
Oct 30, '13, 8:34 AM

I use to accept the production volume and licensing as a big factor in that final price tag. And surely that plays a role no doubt. My problem here is that equation doesn't seem to follow with different companies. When FTC first started charging $25.00 for their figures, how was it Castaway got away with charging alot less on the Phantom or Captain Action? How is it BBP charges significantly less on brand new SMDM and BSG figures? Don't they share the same cost controls as FTC (if not more)? Plus FTC has the advantage of being both the manufacturer and the retailer for most of these figures as Paul has pointed out. And since we're on the subject of pricing, have you noticed how different the pricing is on their two separate websites? They will discount or part out their product on the CTVT website, but keep it full scale price at their Figure Toys page. They also vary differently on shipping cost as well. So when it comes to pricing and just a general sense of what is being handed down to the consumer based on the cost of doing "business", I think it's safe to say FTC isn't bashful about chasing that top dollar and overlooking competitive pricing, yes? In a nutshell, they monitor and collect consumer interest from forums; buy those licenses they think will sell fast; price them high end to the collectors for profit; then sell off the parts (also for profit) to those waiting for the remains. And that's fine if that business model works for them. But as a consumer, I have a greater respect for people like Jason, Craig, and David for coming out here and treating the consumer as a person and passing along savings rather than gouging them for the perceived "privilege" of giving them something they want. That's one philosophy I differ in greatly from some here. I NEVER feel "grateful" when I open my wallet. That emotion should come from the seller getting my money. When I open my wallet, I'm saying I like what I see and I like the price asked to have it. If it's a small company and my perception of those people is positive, I will inject emotion at that point and buy MORE in support of that respect. That's not a new idea in business or to the collector market. It's called consumer confidence and loyalty. People will buy brands based on that idea. I don't think FTC follows that philosophy.

palitoy
Oct 30, '13, 9:08 AM
I use to accept the production volume and licensing as a big factor in that final price tag. And surely that plays a role no doubt. My problem here is that equation doesn't seem to follow with different companies. When FTC first started charging $25.00 for their figures, how was it Castaway got away with charging alot less on the Phantom or Captain Action?

Those licenses cost demonstrably less than KISS or DC Comics and I'm willing to bet that the holders are more flexible with royalties vs upfront money. I've got a comic book license right now that was just tremendously easy to work with. Why? mostly because they want an action figure to happen. Warner Brothers and especially Gene Simmons has gots to get paid.

Also, BBP's most expensive figure license is Doctor Who and the figures are running $22.00 a pop now. Of course, once a competitor raises a price, it kind of opens the flood gates.

However, I'm not really game to debate or defend FTC and wasn't inviting that by my post. I haven't formed a bias or opinion yet. My sole point was that you cannot always do an apples to apples "this cost $2.00 in 1976 and should now be" type argument with this stuff.

MIB41
Oct 30, '13, 9:40 AM
Those licenses cost demonstrably less than KISS or DC Comics and I'm willing to bet that the holders are more flexible with royalties vs upfront money. I've got a comic book license right now that was just tremendously easy to work with. Why? mostly because they want an action figure to happen. Warner Brothers and especially Gene Simmons has gots to get paid.

Also, BBP's most expensive figure license is Doctor Who and the figures are running $22.00 a pop now. Of course, once a competitor raises a price, it kind of opens the flood gates.

However, I'm not really game to debate or defend FTC and wasn't inviting that by my post. I haven't formed a bias or opinion yet. My sole point was that you cannot always do an apples to apples "this cost $2.00 in 1976 and should now be" type argument with this stuff.

I certainly respect that opinion. I was just pointing out that FTC is always the front runner in high prices. Like any product coming to market, I'm a big believer in trying to be competitive. And your original point about licensing costs today compared to yesteryear is well stated. We often forget the reason why companies like Mego and Ideal prospered so inexpensively back in the day is because the license holders were practically giving these rights away since no one knew what the market would bring back then. Well said Brian.

palitoy
Oct 30, '13, 10:16 AM
We often forget the reason why companies like Mego and Ideal prospered so inexpensively back in the day is because the license holders were practically giving these rights away since no one knew what the market would bring back then.

I would argue that part of the reasons that toy licenses are big bucks now is due to the success of Mego and Kenner in the 1970s. Movie licenses were considered a gamble prior the Apes and Star Wars explosions. I've also heard that the merchandising royalties were keeping DC afloat at one point.

MIB41
Oct 30, '13, 11:21 AM
I would argue that part of the reasons that toy licenses are big bucks now is due to the success of Mego and Kenner in the 1970s. Movie licenses were considered a gamble prior the Apes and Star Wars explosions. I've also heard that the merchandising royalties were keeping DC afloat at one point.

I wholeheartedly agree. I would add the "new 52" has always registered (to me) as a merchandising move more than a comic revamp. Its not like they can't go back to their roots when the concept has run it's course. The reset button seems to be a commonly used tool when the creative staff write themselves into a corner and sales bog down. Of course these days theatrical releases seem to spread the most influence in what Warner Bros. does with it's related product line. I've often wondered what will happen to the comic market when the movie boom ends? My first guess is comics will become virtual product to eliminate overhead costs in printing/distribution and join the growing numbers who have moved to online imagery. A sad day indeed.

hedrap
Oct 30, '13, 11:43 AM
I've also heard that the merchandising royalties were keeping DC afloat at one point.

At one point? DC hasn't been in the black since the early 90's.

The original NPP licensing arm kept the comics division alive starting in the 50's. DC technically bought Warner Bros because NPP had more licensing value than the dying Seven Arts/WB film studio.

And Marvel only survived the 90's because of the laundering game Toy Biz was able to play with licensing, which created the cartoon boom.

Comic sales today are better than they have been in sometime, but the DC to LA move clarifies these are publishing divisions for IP.

palitoy
Oct 30, '13, 12:57 PM
I would add the "new 52" has always registered (to me) as a merchandising move more than a comic revamp.

It sure looks like it. Something the Japanese do a lot, each year you would get a new Kamen Rider, a different guy with a new bike and outfit, new baddies to fight. It wasn't a reboot though because he could run into the older Riders. Imagine if they did that with Batman.

MIB41
Oct 30, '13, 1:04 PM
. It wasn't a reboot though because he could run into the older Riders. Imagine if they did that with Batman.

:smiley1: My God. That would be funny if they could do that with the movie incarnations. I could see the Clooney Batman trying to break up a disagreement between the Keaton Batman and the Nolan version. Oh, that would be rich! :please_y:

Uni
Oct 30, '13, 1:58 PM
So...

Is FTC going to have these ready to ship this year? Isn't someone from FTC on this forum?

Brown Bear
Oct 30, '13, 7:02 PM
They're due mid-November and should be shipping right away.

Uni
Oct 30, '13, 9:32 PM
They're due mid-November and should be shipping right away.

I know this, and appreciate your answer. Please know that I am not trying to be cynical, but I'm very skeptical of this. Entertainment Earth says "December 2013" and FTC hasn't updated their page in weeks.

For the folks who were expecting them in August, 2013 (and were disappointed with the initial product pics) I feel like keeping us updated would help generate (keep?) some good will.

huedell
Nov 1, '13, 1:26 AM

I'm assuming that ALL that started to go down as far as merch in the 70's helped grease the wheels of the start of comicbooks only being the core of what was once the end-all for the only notable income the superhero could make save a few TV shows. Then ya got Superman: The Movie leading up to today with the decline of print media...

I'm ALSO assuming that comicbooks themselves are relatively useless to DC/Marvel as far as direct profit, but serve ancillary purposes which ya gotta wonder how long will be utilized despite the irony of them disappearing... in physical form anyways.

FTC! We do it all, from manufacturing, to selling right from our own door! What this "hands-on" approach enables us to do with our licensed property toy lines is inconsequential! Yes, our online prices are markedly inconsistent, and that even includes those wacky shipping prices that keep our customers guessing! Our target audience focus is "the adult vintage-loving collector", and gee, do we milk THAT for all it's worth! We get 'em first with the highly irresistible nostalgia of our toys' vintage design, then we part out our action figures for our vintage vulture buyers, because our proven business model shows we can make a larger profit! "Big profit margin squeezed from a small, ever-changing group of open-minded, open-walleted collectors". In the end isn't that what it's all about? But that's not all! Consumer confidence and loyalty? We make sure that neither is an issue! Our customer service is known to be some of the worst! And our multiple retail prices average out to some of the highest in today's collector market for similar items! Our company philosophy: If the customer isn't happy, we're not gonna know about it! FTC: Collect 'em all... they'll be released eventually... but if they aren't... WHO CARES!
With apologies, your post was so rife with stuff MIB, I couldn't resist penning a promo for those guys ;)

MIB41
Nov 1, '13, 10:30 AM
With apologies, your post was so rife with stuff MIB, I couldn't resist penning a promo for those guys ;)

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/3/7/4/brofist.jpeg (http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/showimage.php?i=23740)

:smiley1: If I had to give a flip response to my feelings on FTC, that would pretty well sum it up right there. Well done. As a company that is trying to grow this marketplace, I can respect the effort by definition. But when it comes to the manner in which they go about getting there, I have to question some of their practices as a consumer. And Brian certainly makes a very strong statement regarding the licensing costs that play havoc on pricing today versus the 60's and 70's. That can not be overlooked. I just wish FTC had a more thoughtful presence in how they did business. The retro action figure business is a relatively small industry in comparison to production giants like Mattel that service a much broader demographic. So FTC's stand-offish posture certainly puts a spotlight on how they bring product to the consumer and makes them a bigger target for industry practices since we don't have a face to put on this company. And I still have a ton of questions about how they can use a manufactured item made 40 years ago and say that is their "prototype" for new product coming to market.

And since we're on the subject of business practices, I wanted to bring another example to light that was so cut throat, it made me shake my head at it's blatant "screw you" approach. The KISS bass accessory for eight and twelve inch figures. FTC introduced these earlier this year and were an immediate success, mostly due to the fact they had neglected to offer a printed instrument as part of their packaging like Mego did in the 70's. Once these sold out the demand became apparent to FTC, so what did they do after they replenished their stock? They added them to figures they could no longer sell as a "deluxe edition". :no: Sad... So FTC absolutely relishes the idea of trying to figure out what the customer wants and then... stick it to them. Here's the link below...

http://www.classictvtoys.com/kiss12inchthedemonactionfiguredeluxeeditionswithba ssguitars.aspx

huedell
Nov 1, '13, 1:05 PM
:smiley1: If I had to give a flip response to my feelings on FTC, that would pretty well sum it up right there. Well done. As a company that is trying to grow this marketplace, I can respect the effort by definition. But when it comes to the manner in which they go about getting there, I have to question some of their practices as a consumer. And Brian certainly makes a very strong statement regarding the licensing costs that play havoc on pricing today versus the 60's and 70's. That can not be overlooked. I just wish FTC had a more thoughtful presence in how they did business. The retro action figure business is a relatively small industry in comparison to production giants like Mattel that service a much broader demographic. So FTC's stand-offish posture certainly puts a spotlight on how they bring product to the consumer and makes them a bigger target for industry practices since we don't have a face to put on this company. And I still have a ton of questions about how they can use a manufactured item made 40 years ago and say that is their "prototype" for new product coming to market.

And since we're on the subject of business practices, I wanted to bring another example to light that was so cut throat, it made me shake my head at it's blatant "screw you" approach. The KISS bass accessory for eight and twelve inch figures. FTC introduced these earlier this year and were an immediate success, mostly due to the fact they had neglected to offer a printed instrument as part of their packaging like Mego did in the 70's. Once these sold out the demand became apparent to FTC, so what did they do after they replenished their stock? They added them to figures they could no longer sell as a "deluxe edition". :no: Sad... So FTC absolutely relishes the idea of trying to figure out what the customer wants and then... stick it to them. Here's the link below...

http://www.classictvtoys.com/kiss12inchthedemonactionfiguredeluxeeditionswithba ssguitars.aspx

Sad AND funny at the same time.

I criticize them a lot, and your points support my criticisms, assumptions and otherwise trepidation about trusting the value of what they offer to the adult collector overall. I don't mind admitting that getting too worked up about this stuff is a waste of time, so I'm just munching my popcorn and watching, and have my wallet considering FTC purchase about a year or so more than now when their toys are on the secondary market, ya know?

Maybe I'd be more worked up about their silly business choices (outside of posting rants on these boards which are just that... musing rants) if I wasn't so financially committed to other toy purchases these days. I love my Mattel (DC superhero, Ghostbusters, MOTUC) and NECA (movie icons) product... and, the apple of my current toy collecting eye: Hasbro's Star Wars 6 inchers.

timb
Nov 1, '13, 1:23 PM
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/3/7/4/brofist.jpeg (http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/showimage.php?i=23740)

I agree heartily. (See what I underlined) For as much stuff as they intend to put out, and are anticipating people to buy, they might consider getting to know (and making themselves known) to their base a bit more. Compare their mysterious behind the scenes workings to the friendly "hey let me tell you about our new product on this podcast" "Bif Bang Pows" and "Cast-a-Way Toys" companies of the industry. I would much rather buy from the BBP's and CAWs honestly. That might sound jerky, FTC might be the nicest guys in the world, but that is the vibe I get from FTC.

Spyweb007
Nov 1, '13, 1:55 PM
FTC is originally from my area, and I know many people who have done business with the owner going back to when he sold little more than replacement decals and knee pins. I personally have never met him, bet from what I've been told by those that have, I would say that he may just not have that outgoing type personality which is needed to generate a really good pr presence for the company. Not saying he is a bad guy or anything, just not the type person who is good at that type of thing, it does take a certain flair to be the public face of a business.

MIB41
Nov 1, '13, 2:05 PM
^^^ Good points Spyweb007, Timb, and Huedell. The biggest thing that pushes my buttons is the business side of the hobby. If I'm being completely objective, the collecting industry is a little bit like... how do I say this... the ministry of a person's belief system. In collecting it's nostalgia driven, so there's allot of impulsive behavior played out to capture that feeling of yesteryear. And right now, more than ever, we have companies springing up all over trying to grab licenses and essentially grow this marketplace to get those dollars. Without question, it's an exciting time to be a part of our generation and desire this kind of product. It's even more exciting when you can say you've met some of these people and champion their cause. Very unique. But like any market that has customers with money to throw out for the asking, you're going to get some bad hustles in that mix. It's human nature. So my eyes are always wide open to people essentially giving customers a shake down to take advantage of their nostalgic "needs". And while that watchdog mentality does not always meet well with some who want a more celebratory chant, I feel it's a useful tool to at least make people aware if a company strays into questionable practices. Like anything, people can pick and choose what they wish to read and make their own assessments. But I've always found you get the best results, when you look at something from one more than one side.

Brown Bear
Nov 1, '13, 8:04 PM
Sorry guys but I find most of these comments to be pointless. I agree that Jason, Paul and Dave are all great guys who I love to support, but at the end of the day, if FTC puts out a product that I like and the price/quality are to my liking, I’m going to buy it. I’m not going to avoid it because there isn’t a “face” of FTC or because of most of the other points mentioned above. This business boils down to simple economics.

Bad mouthing FTC for the way they run their business is one thing, but not buying their product because of it is another. I cannot stand the sight of Floyd Mayweather and think he’s an overrated, loud mouth piece of trash, but I STILL watch him fight because I love the sport. Mike Tyson isn’t what I’d call a nice guy, but who hasn’t paid to see him fight? I’m buying toys, not inviting FTC’s employees to Thanksgiving dinner.

FTC is running a business and “how” they run their business is their choice. If you choose NOT to buy their product because of it, then don’t. I personally have read LOTS of negatively themed threads over the years as well as sour grapes for the DC license, but I have also ordered from them for almost a decade and have never had one issue. That includes communication.

Constructive feedback is great and hopefully FTC learns from it. From the quality of the KISS line, it seems they have. Throwing a company under the bus is something I will never support. Especially when they are bringing to life so many awesome mego dreams that I thought I’d never see.

huedell
Nov 2, '13, 5:43 AM
Sorry guys but I find most of these comments to be pointless. I agree that Jason, Paul and Dave are all great guys who I love to support, but at the end of the day, if FTC puts out a product that I like and the price/quality are to my liking, I’m going to buy it. I’m not going to avoid it because there isn’t a “face” of FTC or because of most of the other points mentioned above. This business boils down to simple economics.
Got that right. I'm not a gazillionaire, so "aforementioned scenario" plus "economics" means no FTC purchases at present from me.

Bad mouthing FTC for the way they run their business is one thing, but not buying their product because of it is another. I cannot stand the sight of Floyd Mayweather and think he’s an overrated, loud mouth piece of trash, but I STILL watch him fight because I love the sport. Mike Tyson isn’t what I’d call a nice guy, but who hasn’t paid to see him fight? I’m buying toys, not inviting FTC’s employees to Thanksgiving dinner.
That's cool, because if you DID invite them, it's likely they'd show up 3 hours late and sell you a bottle of your most cherished vintage wine to go w/dinner... glass by glass if they had to.

Seriously though, I'd love to buy some of their KISS product, and some of their WGSH product... those are right up my alley... but so are other toylines' product, so I'll skip "Tyson" and "Mayweather" let others go see those fights, and catch 'em on tape at a later date... in other words: Maybe I'll grab up some of these FTC figures on the secondary market instead of purchasing from a corporation that I put on a lower rung than others that're selling product right now.

FTC is running a business and “how” they run their business is their choice. If you choose NOT to buy their product because of it, then don’t.
I won't.

And, as far as how they run their company being their choice... is it really necessary for me to reiterate that it's unreasonable to expect dissatisfied customers and target audience customers NOT to criticize those guys. You even mentioned "constructive criticism" yourself. Who's to say what constitutes such criticism? No death threats or name calling here... just commentary on what I see as unwise business decisions by a company I'd be a lot more supportive of if they were a lot more supportive of me and "my kind".

Constructive feedback is great and hopefully FTC learns from it. From the quality of the KISS line, it seems they have. Throwing a company under the bus is something I will never support. Especially when they are bringing to life so many awesome mego dreams that I thought I’d never see.
And I never thought that when I actually saw them, I'd be so offput by the company that I'd deprioritize them the way I have. Heck, I bought 6 of the retroaction Mattel figures, and they weren't even "Mego clones" in their construction.

I know that I'M not "throwing them under the bus" (even if one'd disagree with me). I'm just saying why they've disappointed me in a public forum so that maybe this kind of feedback is recognized as either unique just to me (and, as a result, not an issue), or a major fault with FTC and possible to address for everyone's sake... OR something that falls somewhere inbetween and may or may not be dealt with... hey, it's probably something like that last one, and, as you can see, it's a long list that both MIB and myself have been kicking around here, so it's likely FTC may catch on to one or two of those criticisms over time (Apparently your KISS observation supports that).

I apologize if these kind of posts rub you the wrong way, but I can't support the "What I've always wanted." attitude without saying anything, when the actual scenario is "What I've always wanted" arriving with "What I never expected to have to *give* in return to *get* it." as an addendum

MIB41
Nov 2, '13, 11:56 AM
This is nothing more than consumer awareness. If you can get gas down the street for .40 cents less by driving an extra half mile, why wouldn't you? Just because we're talking about action figures doesn't change that equation. This idea that companies can "do what they want" is exactly the kind of thinking that keeps prices going up. As a consumer, if you only measure the value of something according to whether you "feel" it in your pocket, then you're sending a message to both the seller and the industry to test the ceiling of those prices. They're in it for as much profit as they can get. No one cares how the product makes you feel as long as you dutifully hand over the cash. That's why you see the collector market so impulse driven and why companies, like FTC, CLEARLY take advantage of those who have no tolerance to reject the higher price tag. So promoting the companies that exercise best industry practices is no more a wasted effort than revealing companies that manipulate price points and shipping costs is a cheap shot or throwing them "under the bus". How absurd to even suggest that. And how companies conduct their business is absolutely EVERYONE'S business. And those who believe different are simply handing over permission for companies to do the thinking for them...while they pick their pockets.

thunderbolt
Nov 2, '13, 4:35 PM
what its going to come down to for me is if the 66 line looks great and they really have changed the bodies. If those two things happen I will be buying them, if they drop the ball with the line like BBP did with 6MDM I will pass.

The Bat
Nov 4, '13, 6:27 AM
Yeah...what he said!

noelani72
Nov 4, '13, 7:24 AM
this comment of mine is probably the little kid in me whining, but it is November now....would kinda like to hear a solid release date.
This is the very reason I do not do pre-orders.
Got all excited with the pics released earlier this year...August came and went; if November does too, it chisels away at that initial interest and makes these less important to me.
Pre-orders for 3 waves have been available for a while now..at this rate, all three could land at the same time.

Iron Mego
Nov 4, '13, 10:31 AM
If they don't get these out in time for Christmas they will be shooting themselves in the foot.

JediJaida
Nov 4, '13, 11:48 AM
I thought that both feet had long since been shot to smithereens.?

pmwasson
Nov 4, '13, 12:13 PM
On facebook, Figures Toy Company wrote:

Figures Toy Company
October 31

Happy Halloween to all of our bat-fans! Are you going out dressed as any of the characters from our upcoming lines of action figures?

On a side note, we are 2-3 weeks out from Retro series 1 being released!

JediJaida
Nov 4, '13, 1:23 PM
I hate to be a cynic, but I'll believe it when I see it.

MEGOMAN
Nov 4, '13, 2:46 PM
It's best to sit back and wait. After that, the judging will begin when we have them in our hands. My gut tells me we will not be jumping for joy!!!

Iron Mego
Nov 4, '13, 3:22 PM
I thought that both feet had long since been shot to smithereens.?

Then in the hands? Whatever, they will be missing the prime time for selling these. I was planning on getting a bunch for kiddos I know.

Brown Bear
Nov 4, '13, 3:43 PM
I just preordered series 1 to put under the tree for my kids. They better NOT miss december 25th.

JediJaida
Nov 4, '13, 4:37 PM
It's best to sit back and wait. After that, the judging will begin when we have them in our hands. My gut tells me we will not be jumping for joy!!!

How accurate is your gut, BTW?

boynightwing
Nov 5, '13, 9:59 AM
It seems to me like they have way too many licences they want to do all at the same time. Maybe they need to pear down and focus on one or two, then move on to more. That way these will actually come out. Not that I'm in any hurry. I'm pretty much just interested in the 66 stuff. Once I saw the Batman 66 Matty figures in person, I was somewhat unimpressed and decided to wait until Figures made theirs.

MEGOMAN
Nov 5, '13, 2:20 PM
How accurate is your gut, BTW?

FTC has let me down too much. The rerelease of the monsters was horrible. All of the KISS figures were great except for the head sculpts. I know that The Farrow did the head sculpts for the Dressed to Kill figures, but the hair on all 4 figures was a huge let down. There was far too much of a difference from the prototypes. Waaayyyy too much!!! From what we have seen of the new DC Batman figures, they are not "exact replicas". They should not have advertise with actual MEGO figures. They should have used their own prototypes. With that, my gut is telling me that more disappointment will be coming. So as I stated, it's best to sit back and wait.

skullface
Nov 8, '13, 2:00 PM
I just hope these guys stick around long enough to get out Conan,Kull, and Solomon Kane.
I just dont need another batman mego or mego like toy.
And we all know they are full of it as far as release dates go.
If they could have gotten these out by now they would have,,,,,they have FAIL written all over them as a company and will kill alot of these great toys once and for all when they go under......Just get out my new REh stuff first.

MEGOMAN
Nov 9, '13, 2:00 AM
I just hope these guys stick around long enough to get out Conan,Kull, and Solomon Kane.
I just dont need another batman mego or mego like toy.
And we all know they are full of it as far as release dates go.
If they could have gotten these out by now they would have,,,,,they have FAIL written all over them as a company and will kill alot of these great toys once and for all when they go under......Just get out my new REh stuff first.

I'm with you! Give me my Conan toys!

Blue Meanie
Nov 10, '13, 12:57 AM
Wow....and this thread seems like it was just yesterday that some of us so called "purists" knew exactly what was going to happen with this line:

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?88164-World-s-Greatest-Heroes!-New-quot-Series-3-quot-Full-Page-Ad/page2

I hope that kids won't be disappointed for Christmas...That would most definitely put the nail in the coffin for this company.

MIB41
Nov 10, '13, 10:36 AM
I think making any kind of reproduction product will always be a slippery slope where the opinions of collectors are involved. These things have such personal meaning that recreating something that could match that original experience is nearly impossible. There's no such thing as a perfect replica, so companies that advertise that way (fair or not) do so at their own peril.

MEGOMAN
Nov 11, '13, 11:48 AM
I guess it's obvious as to why FTC does not do conventions like San Diego Comic Con. It would not work for them to have a booth showing off their new product made by MEGO! These guys should have kicked off these lines from the beginning with their own prototypes. This way we would all have a much better idea of what they would be offering.

huedell
Nov 11, '13, 5:00 PM
Wow....and this thread seems like it was just yesterday that some of us so called "purists" knew exactly what was going to happen with this line:

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?88164-World-s-Greatest-Heroes!-New-quot-Series-3-quot-Full-Page-Ad/page2

I hope that kids won't be disappointed for Christmas...That would most definitely put the nail in the coffin for this company.

Okay Blue Meanie...lay it on me.

huedell called you a "purist" in the linked thread...I'm "huedell"... I had problems with some issues that your ilk put forth back then... and I still stand by what I said.

Where have I been inaccurate with predicting the future of this line? What did I do other than TRY to have faith in the FTC entity?

I'd love to address and resolve your roundabout addressing of moi.

Uni
Nov 12, '13, 7:49 PM
I think making any kind of reproduction product will always be a slippery slope where the opinions of collectors are involved. These things have such personal meaning that recreating something that could match that original experience is nearly impossible. There's no such thing as a perfect replica, so companies that advertise that way (fair or not) do so at their own peril.

I agree that the "original experience" isn't reproducible. We are no longer little kids.

However, people have already manufactured replicas much closer to the original Mego stuff than shown in FTC's pic. Dr. Mego has been doing it for years. The FTC picture looks like someone who wasn't super detail-oriented got the samples and said "eh, close enough."

Perhaps if we hadn't seen any quality reproduction parts since '83 we might be a little kinder, but to advertise a product as an "exact replica" that doesn't even look as close to the original as something already being manufactured? It's offensive.

Brown Bear
Nov 12, '13, 8:51 PM
FTC's facebook says series 1 is shipping next week. Place your orders now.

MIB41
Nov 12, '13, 9:10 PM
I agree that the "original experience" isn't reproducible. We are no longer little kids.

However, people have already manufactured replicas much closer to the original Mego stuff than shown in FTC's pic. Dr. Mego has been doing it for years. The FTC picture looks like someone who wasn't super detail-oriented got the samples and said "eh, close enough."

Perhaps if we hadn't seen any quality reproduction parts since '83 we might be a little kinder, but to advertise a product as an "exact replica" that doesn't even look as close to the original as something already being manufactured? It's offensive.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. But where differences and most debate find traction is the expectation one 'should' have when hearing these statements. If Ford said they were making a exact replica of a 1965 Shelby Mustang, collectors and critics would expect the car to be delivered as advertised. When such claims are made for toys, you will find a myriad of opinions for what constitutes "exact". Some say it's naive to take such marketing at face value. Materials are different. Molds can't be exactly the same. It's not realistic to expect the same figure to be made the same way they were manufactured 40 years ago. But since it's a eight inch figure with a cloth outfit portraying a similar design, some feel that fits the definition to their satisfaction. And it goes on from there.

Yes, marketing always carries some inflated hype to sell any product out there. But we're not selling soap here either. I just think when it comes to reproducing collectables, companies should take a little ownership in what they say when they advertise these things. Uni is right. Companies like EMCE have hit the mark really close with reproductions of POTA and Star Trek. But even those were never advertised as exact copies. So when FTC takes actual manufactured product made 40 years ago and calls that their "prototype" and then states they will make "exact copies", well... They're really taking some liberties in that definition of hype. So I completely understand the rub here. Ultimately you'll need to vote with your wallet. For those who buy them, I hope they are happy with their purchase. At the end of the day that's what counts.

thomasjo_2093
Nov 13, '13, 11:46 AM
I just received my sipping confirmation email. I cannot wait to see what these look like.

John

Jason73
Nov 13, '13, 2:09 PM
I just received my shipping notice as well.

pmwasson
Nov 13, '13, 2:24 PM
Me too!!

Can't wait to open them up!

HardyGirl
Nov 13, '13, 2:34 PM
Me too! But I think I'm gonna wait til Christmas morning to open them up! :wink:

Hedji
Nov 13, '13, 4:35 PM
Mine says declined, and this is after their rep called a month ago to confirm my cc number.:googly:

Wise4671
Nov 13, '13, 4:48 PM
Mine are on the way :-)

TomStrong
Nov 13, '13, 5:28 PM
You guys need to post pictures AS SOON AS they come in!

Jason73
Nov 13, '13, 5:35 PM
Me too! But I think I'm gonna wait til Christmas morning to open them up! :wink:

There is nooo way I could wait that long. Does sound like it will make for a fun Christmas though.

TomStrong
Nov 13, '13, 5:52 PM
Just placed an order for a Batgirl for my 8 year old for Christmas. Are those shipping out now?

Captain Awesome
Nov 13, '13, 6:14 PM
Per Tony at Figures, the series 1 is supposed to be at their warehouse tomorrow.

drogge
Nov 13, '13, 6:21 PM
Where are these shipping from? The Figures Website already says, "Sold Out" Is series 2 really shipping as well?

Captain Awesome
Nov 13, '13, 6:24 PM
They're being manufactured overseas and shipped to Figures who are in Florida. Series 2 is NOT shipping yet.

dr_cyclops
Nov 13, '13, 9:30 PM
If and when I can afford it, I want the Batman, Joker and Riddler. I'm passing on Robin, with hopes of getting him later in the Titans scale.:yes:

Brown Bear
Nov 13, '13, 9:35 PM
I had no interest in the first wave initially because I own the original mego's, but then I thought how awesome it would be to watch my two sons tear these open on Christmas morning and I couldn't exist. My plan is to collect 'em all....if Daddy needs them I keep them, if I have them then the boys get them. Seems like a fair compromise. LOL

HardyGirl
Nov 13, '13, 10:10 PM
Try calling and checking what number they actually have. They declined me at first too, and then I found out someone transposed the numbers. It could be just a misunderstanding.

Mine says declined, and this is after their rep called a month ago to confirm my cc number.:googly:

HardyGirl
Nov 13, '13, 10:15 PM
That's what it's all about, man. Post pics on Christmas, b/c I'd like to see that myself! :yes:

I had no interest in the first wave initially because I own the original mego's, but then I thought how awesome it would be to watch my two sons tear these open on Christmas morning and I couldn't exist. My plan is to collect 'em all....if Daddy needs them I keep them, if I have them then the boys get them. Seems like a fair compromise. LOL

palitoy
Nov 14, '13, 9:28 AM
A shot from their facebook page:

Captain Awesome
Nov 14, '13, 10:14 AM
Looks like they showed up just like Tony said they were gonna. Hopefully they'll be in homes by mid week...

palitoy
Nov 14, '13, 10:19 AM
I did not order this wave but I'm happy to see them arrive. Looking forward to your pictures everyone.

MIB41
Nov 14, '13, 10:34 AM
I'm curious to see these figures in better lighting. What FTC shot was a little too low key to really make a full assessment. This should be fun. I hope everyone who ordered enjoys them.

Iron Mego
Nov 14, '13, 10:34 AM
Yay! I was just about to place an order for custom parts so now I can throw in some figures to give out at Christmas.

THE FALCON
Nov 14, '13, 10:54 AM
Is it just Batman & Robin series one available right now for purchase?

pmwasson
Nov 14, '13, 11:04 AM
A shot from their facebook page:

That picture is 19 cases x 12 figures = 228 re-megos!

megomania
Nov 14, '13, 12:31 PM
That picture is 19 cases x 12 figures = 228 re-megos!

Well, that's only the front side of the pallet...plus half a container to unload!

-Chris

Earth 2 Chris
Nov 14, '13, 1:19 PM
I sat this one out for lack of need, but I do want to see some good pics of these. I'll be in for the Secret IDs wave.

Chris

megonaught
Nov 14, '13, 2:40 PM
I am against the wall on these.
I have the series 1 ordered that will tell me if I will go any further with the line.

MEGOMAN
Nov 14, '13, 3:03 PM
I wonder why FTC has not posted pictures of the figures yet? It would be nice to see some nice clear large pictures.

mego73
Nov 14, '13, 4:22 PM
They just came off the truck to the company

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=540916016002116&set=a.500689923358059.1073741832.113907185369670&type=1&ref=nf

EMCE Hammer
Nov 14, '13, 5:02 PM
We're working on pictures - the FTC guys have had a busy day.

EmergencyIan
Nov 14, '13, 5:31 PM
Hey, things are looking up!

Maybe I missed something, but do the backs of the cards have Batman '66 artwork on them? I thought this is the "regular" Batman wave 1.

- Ian

TomStrong
Nov 14, '13, 7:40 PM
My wife just informed me that they posted some shipping pictures on the Facebook.

Iron Mego
Nov 14, '13, 7:54 PM
Hey, things are looking up!

Maybe I missed something, but do the backs of the cards have Batman '66 artwork on them? I thought this is the "regular" Batman wave 1.

- Ian

It's Series 1. I think the card art was discussed earlier on in this thread.

EMCE Hammer
Nov 14, '13, 9:23 PM
Something for under the tree?

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/5/3/ftc-batm-carded-all_original.jpg

TomStrong
Nov 14, '13, 9:30 PM
They look great!

Brown Bear
Nov 14, '13, 9:34 PM
Wow.....I just pee'd a little from excitement.

Now THAT looks like mego to me. Cannot wait for these.

EmergencyIan
Nov 14, '13, 9:36 PM
Everything else aside, they do look really good.

- Ian

Iron Mego
Nov 14, '13, 10:24 PM
These look pretty dang good. Ordering tomorrow!

Boshek
Nov 14, '13, 10:57 PM
I wish they were cheaper. Maybe someday.

HardyGirl
Nov 14, '13, 11:10 PM
They look awesome! I can't wait for my Joker and Riddler! :baby02:

MIB41
Nov 14, '13, 11:11 PM
I'll be curious about the reviews on Joker. That jacket looks like an odd fit. Hopefully that's just the way its situated in the card, but not the actual fit. Overall they look fun. The better lighting certainly helps on the colors. For those who have never had these, it's a easy purchase. I'll be more curious with the lines after this. It will be fun to see photos of these Christmas morning with the kids.

pmwasson
Nov 14, '13, 11:43 PM
They look great! I'm really looking forward to receiving them.

ScottA
Nov 15, '13, 12:06 AM
I like what I see.

Werewolf
Nov 15, '13, 12:17 AM
Those look great. :)

silentj76
Nov 15, '13, 2:15 AM
They do look awesome, I just went to classic tv toys and ordered batman and robin. I have the original type two batman, robin, riddler, and joker. On Christmas of 79 I received batman and robin, and I thought it would be cool to wait and open these this Christmas. I think they look well made, and the pic is awesome. Looking forward to these, it's going to be hard to try and wait and open these. I hope everyone is happy when the orders arrive, good luck to all.

Earth 2 Chris
Nov 15, '13, 10:28 AM
So, it looks like Batman comes with some extra emblem stickers. That's a really good idea.

I'm tempted by these, just to have a set carded. SOOOO tempting...

Chris

palitoy
Nov 15, '13, 10:29 AM
So, it looks like Batman comes with some extra emblem stickers. That's a really good idea.

Great idea!

MIB41
Nov 15, '13, 10:39 AM
Isn't that extra emblem the first edition version that came with the RC Batman? It registers that way.

Iron Mego
Nov 15, '13, 12:05 PM

I'm tempted by these, just to have a set carded. SOOOO tempting...

Chris

Good eye. And yes, that is a really great idea.

pmwasson
Nov 15, '13, 12:36 PM
Yes, we knew about the extra emblem back in September:

http://www.megomuseum.com/batman-retro-series-1-production-samples-from-figures-toy/

Batman and Robin, however, feature silkscreened emblems. Batman also includes a paper emblem ...

Nice to see it is still included.

hedrap
Nov 15, '13, 12:47 PM
I like the box art a lot. I'd really like it if the figures looked like the box art...

jwyblejr
Nov 15, '13, 1:42 PM
I'm wondering how the belts are on Batman and Riddler. Are they stiff like from what I've heard about Doc's? Or are they more like the other plastic belts?

Iron Mego
Nov 15, '13, 2:39 PM
Yes, we knew about the extra emblem back in September:

http://www.megomuseum.com/batman-retro-series-1-production-samples-from-figures-toy/

Nice to see it is still included.

Man, I missed that. Glad they're silkscreened!

The Bat
Nov 15, '13, 3:54 PM
WOW! They look AWESOME! I actually LOVE the darker blue on Batman. It just so happens that I already have a Troy Younger 70's Batman head painted the exact same color...bye, bye molded cowl! The first FTC Custom!:grin::yes:

Iron Mego
Nov 15, '13, 4:21 PM
Just ordered a set. Will be giving Batman and Robin as Xmas gifts to our friends' twin boys, and the Riddle and Joker will be staying here. :)

PNGwynne
Nov 15, '13, 6:48 PM
I'll be curious about the reviews on Joker. That jacket looks like an odd fit. Hopefully that's just the way its situated in the card, but not the actual fit. O

It appears to me that FTC has patterned the jacket incorrectly, omitting the excess fabric that would form the front lapels--so the back collar fits poorly.

I will say the screening looks excellent, much better than their Dracula.

jayraytee
Nov 15, '13, 7:19 PM
It appears to me that FTC has patterned the jacket incorrectly, omitting the excess fabric that would form the front lapels--so the back collar fits poorly.

I will say the screening looks excellent, much better than their Dracula.

To me it looks like the jacket on Joker is just pulled down weird in the back, notice the sleeves... they are sort of bunched up as if the jacket is just pulled down on this particular figure. The shoulder seems are about half way down the upper arm.. yeah I think the jacket is not all the way on.

Iron Mego
Nov 15, '13, 7:21 PM
To me it looks like the jacket on Joker is just pulled down weird in the back, notice the sleeves... they are sort of bunched up as if the jacket is just pulled down on this particular figure.

That's what I was thinking, too. Looks pulled down in the back.

Iron Mego
Nov 15, '13, 7:23 PM
Looking at the pics on the site, it looks like the twist tie around Joker's throat doesn't allow for the jacket to be up where it should be.

PNGwynne
Nov 15, '13, 8:37 PM
^ Hope that's the case. These pix look promising and good reviews here of loose figures will make or break this line IMO.

thunderbolt
Nov 16, '13, 5:12 AM
wish they would give a option of non collector friendly packaging just glued on bubbles for those of us that would let the figures loose and not keep all that garbage anyway. Or even better repro boxes. sure seems like that would cut a few bucks off the price if some of that packaging was dumped.

noelani72
Nov 16, '13, 8:05 AM
wish they would give a option of non collector friendly packaging just glued on bubbles for those of us that would let the figures loose and not keep all that garbage anyway. Or even better repro boxes. sure seems like that would cut a few bucks off the price if some of that packaging was dumped.

they've dumped the packaging on KISS figs as a low-cost option...has me darn tempted to buy some loose figs off their site once disposable income for the collection improves.

MIB41
Nov 16, '13, 1:37 PM
People are getting them. Heck even the postman is posing with them. This was posted on their Facebook page. I wonder if FTC has touched a nostalgic nerve that will grab people who are not hard core collectors? Could be interesting to watch.

http://instagram.com/p/gwEENdCMUs/

tllgn
Nov 16, '13, 2:58 PM
WoW! these look very well done ,i had pre-ordered 2 sets of these ,i got my notice that their being shipped,thanks for the pic.remindes me of the
old days when i was a kid ,whenever you went into the toy department you saw these guys just about everywhere back then.i am in for this whole
series . wave four will possibly be superman,clark kent ,supergirl & mr mxyzptik ,and how long till batman 66 & gilligan,this stuff is just to cool.

EMCE Hammer
Nov 16, '13, 3:09 PM
I think they look great. Still waiting to get my hands on one.....once opened if it goes into the pee-pee stance or gets all floppy I will probably cry.

Bronxboykev
Nov 16, '13, 4:49 PM
Saw the Facebook pic lol that was great... Just Called home no sign of the mailman yet lol... Any one here besides the Mailman have Photos or have them in Hand yet.

Iron Mego
Nov 16, '13, 5:27 PM
People are getting them. Heck even the postman is posing with them. This was posted on their Facebook page. I wonder if FTC has touched a nostalgic nerve that will grab people who are not hard core collectors? Could be interesting to watch.

http://instagram.com/p/gwEENdCMUs/

I hope this is the case. I would really like these to succeed like gangbusters and get us those DC characters Mego never made.