X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Hammered for shipping

Just ordered all 5 knights loose and got hammered $40 for shipping.Minimum charge to Canada is now $25 shipping rates have gone up.The new rates are not mentioned on the site nor are the new minimums but they did say you can call for a shipping quote prior to placing order.

Total order $50 plus shipping $40 so $90 for a $50 order Ouch!!!
    With all that new stuff coming out these new shipping rates really hinder my ordering directly.
    Oh well what can you do the price is the price.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”
  • raider5gt
    Museum Tree Cutter
    • Nov 25, 2007

We have to pay alot over here for postage too,then get hit by customs charges over a certain amount.

Here is the link to their site but I don't know if these prices are the up to date ones?(I have been out of the loop for a few months)

http://figurestoycompany.com/shipping-policy.aspx

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

That is much more accurate than this one.Thanks for the link.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Sweet Je-zus! I'm getting less excited about all this mego goodness.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

There really aren't too many places that have good rates to Canada. Doc Mego does good by this. CTVT is good if you make bigger orders. They use set rates, and they're quite high at the low end. But they don't increase so much as the order amount goes up. I usually save up for a while and make bigger orders.

I've been having a helluva time finding somewhere that'll ship to Canada and not charge a limb for the other Remego stuff. (I needs me some Dr Who. And Scott Ian.)

Don C.

Comment

• nobody
            banjo!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Ya'll should really just move down here.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Even the domestic rates are ridiculous unless you're ordering alot of product. I think the lowest starting rate is $8.00 on Classic TV Toys (higher on the FTC site). And that's beyond insane since they're NOT paying that to ship you small Mego parts or loose figures. Another gouging strategy to bleed you for more money.

Comment

• scifiguy94
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2009

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                Just ordered all 5 knights loose and got hammered $40 for shipping.Minimum charge to Canada is now $25 shipping rates have gone up.The new rates are not mentioned on the site nor are the new minimums but they did say you can call for a shipping quote prior to placing order.

Total order $50 plus shipping $40 so $90 for a $50 order Ouch!!!
                With all that new stuff coming out these new shipping rates really hinder my ordering directly.
                Oh well what can you do the price is the price.
                If you could have gottten a member in the states to work with you, he could have ordered them, then sent them on to you, and the shipping would have still been about half what you paid.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

2.5-3 Pounds by USPS First Class to Manitoba and Canada in general is around 20.00 USD.

I think we need to develop a pooling system for some of this stuff.

Maybe guys with store fronts, like Toyman Chris, could work as a hub and get better rates.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by hedrap
                    2.5-3 Pounds by USPS First Class to Manitoba and Canada in general is around 20.00 USD.

I think we need to develop a pooling system for some of this stuff.

Maybe guys with store fronts, like Toyman Chris, could work as a hub and get better rates.
                    $20 is what I paid for shipping on my last order.Time will tell when the package arrives.
                    I get a handling fee but a handling fee equal to sipping seems uncalled for.
                    It would be cool to see a group buy,perhaps next time I order I'll post first to see if anybody else is making a big buy.
                    With these rates I think I'm out for the new retro stuff.I'm not paying $40 for every four figures released.
                    I'll just get Conan and Evel.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

shipping to the Great White North is insane, I just sent a doll coat to Brown Bear in a little padded mailer and it was 6.20 cheapest way.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Captain Awesome
                        Career Member
                        • May 27, 2012

Maybe if we tell em it's doll stuff we're shipping and not anthing dangerous that koo koo people send thru the mail to hurt people, they'll cut us a break on shipping fees. On second thought, they might think grown men and dolls is koo koo and charge us double! HA HA! Made myself laugh...
                        Courage is being scared to death but saddlin' up anyway. - John Wayne

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

My Packages I've sent out the last couple weeks to Canada ... seem to have doubled in Price .
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• bobws
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 13, 2008

What is Postage like inside Canada to ship around?
                            What if someone lived near the border and could post them after crossing from down here?
                            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Captain Awesome
                              Maybe if we tell em it's doll stuff we're shipping and not anthing dangerous that koo koo people send thru the mail to hurt people, they'll cut us a break on shipping fees. On second thought, they might think grown men and dolls is koo koo and charge us double! HA HA! Made myself laugh...
                              You have to tell whats in it on the customs form.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎