X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynn TXP 0369
    Career Member
    • Jun 10, 2007

New BTBT Robbie Knievel set, let's see pics

I would love to see ACTUAL pics of the Robbie and Evel Knievel Back To basics toys set that is now out if anyone has some.

I know Hardy Girl has the set, could you or anyone else please post some actual pics of these here for me?

I want to see what the Evel Knievel figure looks like with the cape and swagger stick and see what Robbies set looks like in real pics, not what is on the site.

Thanks,
    Lynn
  • Delusional B
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 14, 2007

I'll give it a shot. Hope this works.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...esetdetail.jpg
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...lrobbieset.jpg

It's difficult to see Evel's cape in this shot but it's the only one I have. They are currently packed away.

For what it's worth, I wasn't very happy with what I got in this set vs. what I payed. The Robbie figure looks pretty goofy. The packaging is as generic as it gets (a white box devoid of any graphics or labels that tell you what's inside). This set should have been no more than $50, considering how much a single Evel chrome stunt cycle set costs...and that set has a full-color box.
    Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Is there another re-release of Evel Knievel, besides the line they put out a few years ago at...of all places... Crackel Barrell? Those pics have cycles I haven't seen before.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

This is the very first set and is still available today at http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/item/productid/6270
        It has the same cycle as the Cracker Barrel cycle and figure blister carded set.

There is a set with the chrome cycle like the one in the pics and is just Evel, the same cycle and a winder, but there is no cape, or stick.

Also there is set that has the same figure chrome cycle, funny car, formula one drag car, winder, and a EK DVD.

Derry Daring is supposed to be coming out this year at some point.
        Lynn

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
          Career Member
          • Jun 10, 2007

Thanks for the pics!! That is what I wanted to see. I was thinking it was going to be a young Robbie in the smaller body with 5 O'clock shadow, not the same size as Evel Robbie.
          I'll still get it when I get some extra $$ up.
          Lynn

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
            This is the very first set and is still available today at http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/item/productid/6270
            It has the same cycle as the Cracker Barrel cycle and figure blister carded set.

There is a set with the chrome cycle like the one in the pics and is just Evel, the same cycle and a winder, but there is no cape, or stick.

Also there is set that has the same figure chrome cycle, funny car, formula one drag car, winder, and a EK DVD.

Derry Daring is supposed to be coming out this year at some point.
            Lynn

I have the Daredevil set (no chrome bike, but I stripped the gears!), and the DVD, dragster, funny car & Chrome bike set. I'm gonna be all over the Derry Daring set!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Delusional B
              Museum Super Collector
              • Nov 14, 2007

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
              Thanks for the pics!! That is what I wanted to see. I was thinking it was going to be a young Robbie in the smaller body with 5 O'clock shadow, not the same size as Evel Robbie.
              I'll still get it when I get some extra $$ up.
              Lynn
              You're welcome. Glad to help. I, too, thought that we were just getting the shorter Robbie figure from the seventies with a goatee painted on. If I'm not mistaken, the head sculpt on Robbie is a little bit different than the vintage one. It is kind of neat that he uses the same body as the Evel figure. I was also glad to see that Robbie's bike had his signature on the gas tank and that his energizer also had it's own "Robbie" logo.

You know, I would really love it if this company would go with a full-on replica release with the cycle molded in white, repro 70's instructions, and a recreation of the great illustrated litho boxes. It's working great for GiJoe 12" rereleases and also for the Emce Star Trek stuff. Evel stuff done that way would be fantastic!! I guess that's why the plain white box bugs me so much on these Back to Basics exclusives.
              Last edited by Delusional B; Feb 24, '08, 11:01 PM.
              Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• HardyGirl
                • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Delusional B
                You're welcome. Glad to help. I, too, thought that we were just getting the shorter Robbie figure from the seventies with a goatee painted on. If I'm not mistaken, the head sculpt on Robbie is a little bit different than the vintage one. It is kind of neat that he uses the same body as the Evel figure. I was also glad to see that Robbie's bike had his signature on the gas tank and that his energizer also had it's own "Robbie" logo.

You know, I would really love it if this company would go with a full-on replica release with the cycle molded in white, repro 70's instructions, and a recreation of the great illustrated litho boxes. It's working great for GiJoe 12" rereleases and also for the Emce Star Trek stuff. Evel stuff done that way would be fantastic!! I guess that's why the plain white box bugs me so much on these Back to Basics exclusives.
                The Daredevil set at least has a photo on the box and a cheapie booklet w/ pics (scanned, blurry pics!)

Comment

• Delusional B
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Nov 14, 2007

The blurry pics bothered me, too. It seems like Poof-Slinky tends to cut corners here and there. They are getting better. They've modified their Evel figure repro to almost look exactly like its vintage counterpart. However, they definitely fall short when it comes to things like packaging and instructions. How cool would a window box showing both Evel and Robbie on their cycles (like the chrome stunt set) have been?! Also, how difficult could it have been to produce new instructions for each set instead of just including the Daredevil set instructions. Also, the bikes tend to burn out (like yours) much too quickly.
                  Apparently there is a bushing missing that was in the vintage cycles. So the gears tend to melt the plastic housing and foul up.

However, after all my complaining, I've bought every set that Poof-Slinky has produced...sometimes in multiples. Because it's just too cool that someone is producing these today despite their shortcomings. I just wish they would do more vehicles like they did with the Funny Car/Dragster set. Those were excellent recreations of the vintage ones...even better than the cycle recreations. You almost can't tell the difference when they are sitting next to originals. I'd love to see a Sky Cycle, Chopper, Stratocycle, etc.
                  Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• Colf72
                    • Feb 21, 2008

I just discovered the repro's of these recently and went a bit nutty. I purchased the Playing Mantis version of the Stunt Cycle as well as the slinky, Super Stunt Cycle, the friction powered stunt cycle (figure and bike - no gyro launcher) Daredevil Deluxe set, Robbie Vs. Evil (hasn't arrived yet) and the EK signature set with the DVD, Chrome bike, dragster and funny car (also hasn't arrived yet). I think that is all of them right?? Well, I'm not buying anymore!!! (Oh and I did pick up the Johnny Lightening die cast cars as well)

Anyway, my opinion on these is that they are all great. Some a bit too expensive but still better price than paying for original mib...and you don't have the guilt when you crack open the box and crank the sucker up. I had read some reviews saying these didn't work like the old ones did but personally I think the people writing the reviews don't crank as hard as they used to...

I am not really concerned about packaging because in all honesty I have no recall from childhood as to what the packages looked like back then.

I just wish they would come out with the chopper. that's the one I broke the same day I got it by launching it off the roof. I was so heartbroken. What was I thinking????

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

I'd like to see the crash car!

Comment

Working...
                      😀