X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Noticed stuff runnin out on the CTVT site

Noticed some stuff disappearing lately. Munsters Eddie and Marilyn are gone. Peter Brady is gone. Carded Drac and Wolfman gone. Only the Chocolate Factory Lucy left from the I Love Lucy lines, and no Blue, Black, or Yellow bodysuits. Could we be nearing the end of their supply?
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Well I just bought a case of red haired Draculas on ebay for $48 with shipping added in. This figure was an exclusive and now it's going for little. I think they are going out of that side of their business.

Comment

• Iron_fox85
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 14, 2008

i just ordered the western heroes on friday yesterday, hope they didnt run out of those guys! i ordered the 6 of'em the guy gave me a deal to pay for'em for 49 instead of 60 bucks!

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Lots of really good deals there too,.. IMO right now.

Any Mad Monster from series 1 or 2 5 bucks
        Mad Clowns,.. all 4 loose for 10 bucks. Man, I really like these..
        Heads 2 bucks a piece
        2 Great deals for the Skeleton Bodies
        5 for 20 Bucks or 10 for 30 bucks. These are the coolest thing ever.

I couldn't resist,.. I had to buy a few things.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I need to get me some more skeletons, Hellboy needs more mummies to whoop.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Yeah,.. I just ordered a few.. I had some, & hope to get somemore soon as well. It is great to have "your hero" surounded by an army of skeletons.. I find more enjoyment out of collecting these than an Army of StormTroopers from Star Wars.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• Colf72
              • Feb 21, 2008

I just got all the actual Mego repro's they did. I just ordered from their site. It was pretty cheap and came fast. Two of the bodies were broken but they are replacing.

I ordered them all loose so, as I said, it was very cheap. The only two carded ones were blue Franknstn and red Drac.

Now what do I do with these things? The bodies do suck. I'm just not sure about spending $$ replacing them. Or buying bxes.

I was just never into these figures as a kid. It was all Trek, Apes and WGSH

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

^^ I wasn't into anything,.. but the 7 WGSH's I had when I was a kid.

I see what your are saying though,.. I have been buying the new 25th Anni. G.I.Joe figures alot Latley,.. however only the ones I had when I was a Kid for some reason,. & Buying Muiltiple of them too, when I see them. The memory of the ones I had is all I care About.

I few of my bodies have come broke,.. but if it's a character I want to pose somewhere's,.. I just switch out the Body with a Doc Mego, or a type2 . The clothing , boots, heads & Weaponry are still great stuff.

The Skeleton bodies are just fantastic. Best body CTVT made too. imo

Comment

• cobaltkatdrone
                  • Jan 8, 2008

Hi

After reading this post I went over to CTVT and finally ordered both mad monster series loose encluding the red Dracula and blue Frankie, also one of the skeleton bodies to put the grim reaper stuff on, and some other parts. All loose except for the exclusives like Colf72

I couldn't see paying full price for there figures, don't get me wrong I think there mego stuff is cool, but the bodies feel kinda light and cheep. I am fine with $5.00 per, since it's getting hard to find newer 3 3/4" figures under $7.00, let alone an 8". Man I feel old with the "back in my day" like talk

Any who thanks for the heads up megocrazy.

Later

CKD

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by cobaltkatdrone
                    also one of the skeleton bodies to put the grim reaper stuff on
                    I just did that... My Reaper had a broke leg,.. so I switched everything over to a Skeleton Body. He can't wear the shoes,.. his feet are too big. But the end result of the transfer looks Fantastic, & better than with the Reaper body.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

In reference to the title, I see that they are auctioning off a lot of stuff on lots, including some of their current items:
                      eBay Seller: classictvtoys: Action Figures, Fan Apparel Souvenirs items on eBay.com
                      I wonder if they are going out of business?

Anyone have an insight?

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

They won't go out of business. The wrestling side of it more than supports the overhead. They make replica heavyweight belts licensed by the WWE, WCW, etc. and other wrestling stuff. I've been in the office and the belt display they have is pretty impressive. I don't think they'll invest in any other figure stuff though. I figure they'll sell off everything they've got.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

I love their stuff!!!! Yeah I get some broken body parts but I wait out deals on eBay or from them that has loose figs at $5 a pop. If you want a single repro accesory from Doc or anyone it will cost more than that. Knight outfits make great Doc Dooms, Will scarlet supplies dooms belt, and speedy's bow and quiver and custom cap boots. Need a knee pin - $5 from doc. Pop it outta your CTVT and you still have parts to spare! Need one article of clthing or accessory to complete your original figure -DONE.

Like others have mentioned I wasn't into these figures as a kid - I can't see paying $50 a piece for real ones. This suits me fine.

The body may be more brittle than Docs but they certainly feel more like Megos. Docs are heavy, shiny, and the shoulderand hips don't move well.

CTVT figures had problems but they really deserve more love than they have been given - or at least less complaints - I mean really - if you don't like 'em - don't get 'em.

I have knights, merry men, pirates, westerns, and happy days (except fonz) I LOVE EM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by ealdrett
                            In reference to the title, I see that they are auctioning off a lot of stuff on lots, including some of their current items:
                            eBay Seller: classictvtoys: Action Figures, Fan Apparel Souvenirs items on eBay.com
                            I wonder if they are going out of business?

Anyone have an insight?

I did find it a bit odd, while surfing ebay last night that alot of items being sold,.. seemed as if they were from personal collections as well. However not following this stuff, it might as well always Happen. In any event I do Hope to get 100 of those Skeletons,.. & Take a pic with them surounding My Conan figure.. Now that would be very cool .

Comment

• jds1911a1
                              Alan Scott is the best GL
                              • Aug 8, 2007

remember they run a business and storage costs money. same reason a brick and mortar store blows stuff out after christmas. cheaper to sell at a reduced price than pay the storage costs or it may be selling off older runs where quality was lower(where all our complaints stemmed from) to make space for better/new inventory.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎