Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MadeInUSA71
    • Aug 19, 2013

HELP! Tons of Star Wars figs to sell!!

Ok, so my DH and I are moving across country, and are trying to purge and get rid of stuff. (we have WAY too much stuff......) Well, he has approx 15 cases or so of Star War figures in the packages. These are from the movies that came out in the late 90s, not the original 70s ones. But, he has TONS of them, and probably close to every one made, even a lot of rare variations. He kind of wanted to do them on ebay, and do them individually, but then decided we just don't have that much time, and we'd like to purge BEFORE we move in a month. So, we'd like to sell them in bulk, or all at once. Does anyone know a good way to do this, and where to take them? I don't want to "give" them away at a yard sale, but at the same time we're not expecting to get top dollar either.

We thought about either a comic book shop or pawn shop......but wasn't sure which would be the better option. If anyone on here is interested, please feel free to PM me!

Thanks for any advice!
  • Jason73
    Correctamundo!
    • Jan 11, 2009

The sad truth is, 90's Star Wars figures don't really sell for much at all. A lot of people stored them away thinking they'd be worth something someday. Not even the "rare variants" are worth much at all. I think your best bet would to put them up on craigslist as one lot and hope someone will take them away.
    Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• MadeInUSA71
      • Aug 19, 2013

Originally posted by Jason73
      The sad truth is, 90's Star Wars figures don't really sell for much at all. A lot of people stored them away thinking they'd be worth something someday. Not even the "rare variants" are worth much at all. I think your best bet would to put them up on craigslist as one lot and hope someone will take them away.
      Thanks!

Comment

• luey
        Treasure Hunter
        • Jun 17, 2001

I have been picking up the Star Wars 90's red and green carded figures for $1 or less each and I am sitting on cases full, hard to move at even $2 each
        Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN

Comment

• MadeInUSA71
          • Aug 19, 2013

Originally posted by luey
          I have been picking up the Star Wars 90's red and green carded figures for $1 or less each and I am sitting on cases full, hard to move at even $2 each
          Yep, kind of what we feared. My DH said he's not really into them anymore, and there is no use holding on to them, and moving that much stuff across country, just to sit again.

Comment

• luey
            Treasure Hunter
            • Jun 17, 2001

where are located? How many figures total? May know a buyer near by if you just want to sell them in a group lot
            Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN

Comment

• MadeInUSA71
              • Aug 19, 2013

We live in Christiansburg Virginia. Lot of 399+ Star Wars figures in original unopened packaging for sale. Includes: POTF Red & Green, SOTE, Freeze Frame, Expanded Universe, Flashback, POTF Comm Chips, POTJ, EP1 Sneak, EP1, Preview, EP1 Beast, EP1 Cinema Scenes, EP2 Sneak Preview, EP2, SAGA, SAGA 03 & 04, EP3 Sneak Preview, EP3, Clone Wars, Silver Anniversary, Original Trilogy, TPOTF. Plus 7 Multi figure sets, and 8 Deluxe Figures. Many of these are the harder-to-find figures and variants.

If your buyer is interested, let me know if he wants to make us an offer. Thanks!

Comment

• Bantha5
                Museum Super Collector
                • May 2, 2013

Not even worth trying to sell, they go for nothing. Best bet is donate them to a charity (like goodwill). Be sure to get a receipt for your donation. You should get a nice write off come tax time and some kid may just get to play with them.

Comment

• spacecaps
                  Second Mouse
                  • Aug 24, 2011

What the heck is a "DH"?
                  "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Dear Husband?
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Designated Hitter?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                        Dear Husband?
                        "Dreamy Hitler?"
                        Thx for the sad but true words on the state of 90s SW figures! I'm in a similar situation. I do like the early steroid versions.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MadeInUSA71
                          • Aug 19, 2013

Sorry, that's message board lingo for Dear Husband. DC is dear child, etc. I'm on parenting boards as well, can you tell?? LOL

Thanks for the info. We posted the whole lot on Craigslist, and have had 3 people already respond wanting them!

Comment

• Access
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 22, 2013

Cool! Ill have to list the hundreds of 90s era sw figures I have on cl and see what happens!

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by MadeInUSA71
                              Sorry, that's message board lingo for Dear Husband. DC is dear child, etc. I'm on parenting boards as well, can you tell?? LOL

Thanks for the info. We posted the whole lot on Craigslist, and have had 3 people already respond wanting them!
                              Were you asking for offers,mor did you list with a price?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎