X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayihdz
    aaaggghhhh!
    • Mar 6, 2007

Emblem glue?

What kind of glue or other item can be use to reglue emblems?
  • z3zep
    The Girl Next Door
    • Sep 30, 2006

I have used Fabric Glue. But I would bet plain old Elmers Glue would work too.

Comment

• mitchedwards
      Mego Preservation Society
      • May 2, 2003

The Stickers on my Ponch were falling off. So, I took my daughters elmers glue stick, and rubbed the sticker over the glue. It worked like a charm, and there was no mess.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• RG
        Removed.
        • Oct 1, 2004

I've used elmers ... or double sided tape (but only on repros)

I think Mitch's use of the elmers glue stick would be a great idea on original emblems. no risk of damage to emblem or outfit

Comment

• Dave Mc
          Administrator
          • Oct 20, 2002

Elmers glue stick is nice because it's also washable if you change your mind later.

Comment

• jayihdz
            aaaggghhhh!
            • Mar 6, 2007

Thanks!!!

Comment

• livnxxxl
              Megoholic RocketScientist
              • Oct 23, 2007

I to have been pondering that question for some time and have been thinking about posting and asking although I kept forgetting to ask after looking through all of the other threads. I have some original emblems and I want to make sure that I do not ruin the collector value by using the wrong glue. I have been hesitant to actually place them on the costumes due to this. Thanks for asking the question Jayihdz. Also thanks to all of those who have answered.
              Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I think for original emblems (or similar repro ones) I'd go with a flexible, washable fabric glue. Elmers is pretty good; but I can see it crisping up in a year or so, and losing it's hold. Paper sticker emblems like the CHiPs ones are trickier, since I don't know how well the fabric glue would bond with the paper.

Don C.

Comment

• mitchedwards
                  Mego Preservation Society
                  • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by ctc
                  Hmmmm....

I think for original emblems (or similar repro ones) I'd go with a flexible, washable fabric glue. Elmers is pretty good; but I can see it crisping up in a year or so, and losing it's hold. Paper sticker emblems like the CHiPs ones are trickier, since I don't know how well the fabric glue would bond with the paper.

Don C.
                  I used Elmers white glue about 4 yrs ago to reglue my original Emblem back on Mr Fantastic. The sticker is still there and no ill effect to Mr Fantastice uniform.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>I used Elmers white glue about 4 yrs ago to reglue my original Emblem back on Mr Fantastic. The sticker is still there and no ill effect to Mr Fantastice uniform.

Really?!?!? And those FF emblems are more like vynil aren't they..... Nifty!

Now; how much handling do your figures get? The fabric glue I use on mine holds up to some pretty vigorous playing... er.... posing.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎