X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

seen this yet?

The opening from the new X-Men cartoon. It won't be up too long though; Marvel didn't have permission to use the songs.

YouTube - Wolverine the X-Men trailer flv

It's nice to FINALLY see some N. American companies trying for a serousness/action level AT LEAST as high as the 70's comics they're basing the shows on. It's funny that they're being so honest with the title, too.

Only problem I have with this is: most of the X-Men stories from the last few years have been the "Senator Kelly/Brotherhood" thing over and over and over.... and in the actual book, that SET UP a lot of stuff, but was only about a five issue thing. Nobody seems to go anywhere's past it, so we've been seeing slightly different versions of the same event over and over and over....

Another thing I find interesting is their use of actual, modern music; rather than some cheapie inhouse band. Hmmmm.... "let's use stuff the audience likes to make our shows more pertinent to them".... And it only took 'em HOW long to figger that one out?

*sigh*

Don C.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Only problem I have with this is: most of the X-Men stories from the last few years have been the "Senator Kelly/Brotherhood" thing over and over and over.... and in the actual book, that SET UP a lot of stuff, but was only about a five issue thing. Nobody seems to go anywhere's past it, so we've been seeing slightly different versions of the same event over and over and over....
    That was my biggest beef with it, I've seen this storyline too many times. I'm not much for mutants so I actually might pass on seeing it again.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

Animation looks good. I'll be giving it a shot. Hopefully they will keep the players fairly limited. I get bored with Mutant stories when they rely on dozens of different characters on a regular basis. I'd rather see no more than a dozen or so Mutants at a time, good or bad.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎