X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

just an observation . . . .

This might not be a popular opinon but hear me out . . . . look down through the threads on this forum section . . . . 70% of them are negative. I'm astounded by some of the remarks made against/toward Figures Inc. It's like watching a whiney kid at Toys R Us throwing a tantrum when his mom won't by him something. If you are this disappointed with a toy being delayed, I suggest that you take a look at your life and re-align your priorities . . . . . just sayin'
    Last edited by megojim; Sep 10, '13, 11:02 AM.
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
  • Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

I agree. The only issue I've had with CTVT in the past is the quality of the bodies, everything else has been well made. The body issues seem to have been corrected, and everything else looks great, so I'm very optimistic about the new lines.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

The beauty of this forum is that everyone can express their opinion, whether it's a cheer of praise or venting frustration. At the end of the day, we're all fans of the hobby. Add passion to that stew and opinions are going to vary. So I prefer an open and honest discussion, tempered with a little common sense, over a less disingenuous thumbs up for everything that has no feeling behind it. People are just eager to see some of this new product. Demand is a good thing.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, another thing that might seem negative but wasnt intentional was the concern about the WWE belts and what affect it could have on the company. I was concerned for them over that. But MIB41 said it best that everyone can express their opinion, whether it's a cheer of praise or venting frustration.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

I don't see it as a case of priorities. Don't start taking pre-orders if you're not ready and/or willing to keep the communication line active. When you promise to deliver, deliver. All the bad talk goes away with simple updates.

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

I agree with your statement about promise an delivery of anything. My issue is that there seems to be a lot of anguish going on over a toy. If you've been around for very long, such delays are common place in this re-mego era . . . . good things come to those who wait
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Normally I have been a on FTC side. But then I started to order from them and my male white bodies all come in the "Peepee Dance". Then I noticed that you can go ahead and buy a Bruce Wayne/Dick Grayson for about $24 now. The Removable cowl and mask are truly a joke since they have the heads available. You can also build a Clark Kent (which I found out is mark as coming soon). So out of the first 3 waves we are getting 2 items you can get now and when wave 1 cames out you can go ahead and but the heads to match.

Yeah I know they wanted to reproduce the figures that were released, but I wish they would have thought it through and combined them.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

FTC called me today to follow up on my series 1 preorder. Apparently my preorder expired because it was over 90 days ago. The guy who called me was cool even when I told him people were ****ed at the delays. I declined to keep my preorder because I have other priorities right now and he said it's been pushed back to Nov and I just don't feel like waiting right now. I'll take a look at them if they really come out. They sent me an email cancellation so I felt it was legit although at first I was suspicious because he wanted my updated cc info because "the system purges after a certain point."

In the end I hope everything comes to fruition.

-Chris

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by megojim
                  I agree with your statement about promise an delivery of anything. My issue is that there seems to be a lot of anguish going on over a toy. If you've been around for very long, such delays are common place in this re-mego era . . . . good things come to those who wait
                  Sure. Look at Biff Bang Pow. There are delays but they still come through in the end.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ I think it should be noted BBP makes the effort to communicate when there are delays. And when they push dates back, it's typically for a meaningful enough time to acquire sufficient pre-order levels to hit production. But ultimately people have to pre-order them in order for those figures to see the light of day. No company is going to make these figures if the demand isn't there. These are not huge companies like Mattel that can survive off a tax write off if a product tanks.

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

FTC ruined my childhood along with alcohol, opiates and high gas prices. Wait. I meant FDIC.
                      Last edited by Chris; Sep 11, '13, 7:03 AM.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• mego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 16, 2012

Sorry Megojim,
                        You are mistaken.
                        Figures Toy Company released some poor quality products that were fairly expensive. People called them out for it on this forum.
                        They also engaged in some pretty shifty business practices (do some research on this) and were called out on it.
                        This is the beauty of the internet forum. The consumer is given a voice and can communicate their concerns. It also gives FTC some much needed feedback.
                        If I pay for a $25 figure, I want it to stand up. That's not too much to ask. I also want the paint to look good. If it doesn't, I feel a bit ripped off.

Don't confuse genuine criticism with slander. Clearly, many of the concerns voiced here were heard by FTC and many problems were corrected. It's nothing personal, people just want to get what they paid for.

Comment

• megojim
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 13, 2001

Originally posted by mego
                          Sorry Megojim,
                          You are mistaken.
                          Figures Toy Company released some poor quality products that were fairly expensive. People called them out for it on this forum.
                          They also engaged in some pretty shifty business practices (do some research on this) and were called out on it.
                          This is the beauty of the internet forum. The consumer is given a voice and can communicate their concerns. It also gives FTC some much needed feedback.
                          If I pay for a $25 figure, I want it to stand up. That's not too much to ask. I also want the paint to look good. If it doesn't, I feel a bit ripped off.

Don't confuse genuine criticism with slander. Clearly, many of the concerns voiced here were heard by FTC and many problems were corrected. It's nothing personal, people just want to get what they paid for.
                          You've missed the point of this thread entirely . . . . . it's not about quality or even delivery delays (that's a valid discussion)

My point is I see grown men going on a tirade about toys!!! it's your right to do that but if a toy is getting you this worked up . . . . you might wanna re-evalute
                          My Custom Figures

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Jim, I think your complaint has more to do with a desire to be in an upbeat, classy posting community then it does with what makes sense as far as consumer rants.

There's only so long a company can get away with numerous product teases alongside significant delays for the same product.... add to that, the delays are often unexplained and that this specific company has a poor quality control reputation overall, well, I think it's just as valid for manipulated target audiences to rant/whine as it is for these companies to do what they do.

If you're looking for more polite forum posting behavior in the rants... then fine, okay... but to make the actions of the consumer complainers out to be unconnected to the actions of the manufacturer's decision-makers is not only invalid... it's unfair.

The manufacturers get a full pass on all things JUST because they are the ones who are making money? Heck... you see the lack of logic there... if anything, one might suggest it should be the opposite.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• sauce
                              Removed
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Watch Breaking Bad and all of this will disappear.......

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎