X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Diener Industries 1975 Catalog

Seeing as it's back to school time, no catalog makes more sense than Diener, who specialized in rubber figurines, erasers and pencil toppers. Essentially the inexpensive toys disguised as School supplies you could sneak into school. Looking at this thing brought a flood of memories to me, as it's an inventory of stuff I forgot I had.

Diener was no stranger to licensing either, they offered Saturday morning favourites such as the Flintstones, New Zoo Revue, Looney Toons, Micky mouse, Yogi Bear, Matchbox Cars and more. The 1975 Diener Catalog is a total back to school flashback.

Our new book Rack Toys: Cheap, Crazed Playthings covers Fleetwood and much more.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

love these guys! they were always the toys my mom would have no problem buying for me cuz they were so inexpensive!

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

Geez, I haven't laid eyes on the Diener Flintstones in DECADES. I used to have a bunch of the aliens, robots, and space ships they put out - many of which I picked up at the school store when I was but a wee lad.
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I bought an endless stream of those Looney Tunes erasers from Eastside Pharmacy up the street from me. I used them as action figures and played out cartoons. I never had those Flintstones, but sometimes in the mid to late 80s, Pebbles cereal packed very similar eraser figures of Fred, Barney and Dino in their boxes.

Thanks for the flashback!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Next to Mead supplies, these are some of my favorite kid memories. They were cheap enough that I could periodically pick them up at the school store (do they sell iPads at school stores now? Do they still have school stores?). It took me forever to finally be able to track some of these down today. It was, of course, thanks to some people here who told me the name of the company. You can see my burgeoning collection on the middle shelf of the bookcase on the left.

P1000735.JPG
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

I remember finding the dinosaurs at a school supply shop. I loved those little erasers (which were used for anything but)
            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

One of my prized collections from childhood are Diener figures. Love them! I especially like the Christmas characters. But my very favorite are the Kong '76 ones. Very, very hard to find too because people tend not to know what they are. They made him in four poses. I've managed to nail down two of them to date.

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

Ah man, I loved rubber figures and pencil erasers as a kid. I remember happy meals at McDonalds having them for a while. Tom those Kongs are the best too. I think I had one as a kid, but it's long gone now.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎