Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please tell my your stories of toy buying as a child.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tachyonblade
    • Jun 1, 2009

Please tell my your stories of toy buying as a child.

Hi all,
    I'm not a frequent poster but I follow what everyone else is talking about.
    I am an anthropologist, no I don't study monkeys. I am starting the process of writing up a monograph on the subject of the experience of childhood toy shopping and identity. This will be a very dull, financially unprofitable and long piece of reading but I need data.
    I am looking for patterns mostly but I want to hear as many stories as possible across the entire spectrum so I will leave the parameters as open ended as possible. The most important conditions are that you are between the ages of 32 and 47, that you grew up in the US or Canada and that you played with toys, any toys.

I would like to hear your stories of buying, or having bought for you, toys when you were a child.
    I'm looking for all the minute detail that you can provide and as many stories as possible. For me, I often associate new toys with the smell of the plastic! So please be as specific and detailed as possible. Please give the Who, What, When, Where, Why and Hows.
    I will not use any names or identify anyone who participates. This work will most likely not be published in popular media. Those who participate will receive a copy if requested.

Please kindly send any and all stories to me at tachyonblade@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎