PDA

View Full Version : Batman and Robin 66 - sold out?

MeWantMegos
Aug 23, '13, 12:37 PM
Batman and Robin seem to be sold out. I can only find them on the secondary market - with quite a mark up.

I assume they'll be back in stock eventually. Anyone know when?

And -- when they are not in their positions of crawling up the wall -- how do they stand? Are the legs uneven or bowlegged?

Thanks.

Wasimhosen
Aug 23, '13, 12:46 PM
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_072613a.htm
Here's a great review of them. Amazon has it for $45.00 or so.

MIB41
Aug 23, '13, 1:27 PM
We have one member selling them in the marketplace also.

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?88620-Mattel-1966-Batman-and-Robin-2-packs

MeWantMegos
Aug 23, '13, 3:08 PM
Thanks...

Amazon used to sell them for $25. The $45 is quite the mark-up!

This happened with Emcee figure's too. Hard to get at first and price went up....then went down to more reasonable rates.

jwyblejr
Aug 23, '13, 3:23 PM
Didn't know this was about the Mattel version. At first I was like whu-? when did they come out?

MIB41
Aug 23, '13, 3:37 PM
Thanks...

Amazon used to sell them for $25. The $45 is quite the mark-up!

This happened with Emcee figure's too. Hard to get at first and price went up....then went down to more reasonable rates.

Never knew them to be that price. That's actually the wholesale price. That must have been a mistake. TRU near me had some for $34.99.

MeWantMegos
Aug 23, '13, 4:19 PM
Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that was just my wish.

Even so $35 does seem pricey for a two figures made by Mattell. I see that individual figures are going for $15.99...so $35 is actual in line.

But gee that is pricey. But maybe that's what they cost these days.

MIB41
Aug 23, '13, 4:48 PM
^^^ Trust me. I understand your sentiment. But that is pretty much the going rate for figures in this scale. But don't be discouraged. I know some wholesale dealers and they're restocking these in September. So Mattel is taking the orders. Don't let anyone tell you differently. No need to seek out the scalpers when more are coming.

nobody
Aug 23, '13, 5:40 PM
This should be in Modern toys not Figures thread. I'm sure the Mods will move it. I was upset I had lost a chance when I read the thread.

Remco Monster
Aug 23, '13, 9:37 PM
They were $29.99 through Amazon, that's where I got mine.

MeWantMegos
Aug 23, '13, 11:06 PM
Good to hear that more orders are coming. I think I'll wait until prices come down a hair.

The toys look great. For some reason I unreasonably think they should be the prices of the Star Wars action figures. I'm sure my logic is faulty. The Star Wars figures are much smaller and possibly do much greater sales.

huedell
Aug 24, '13, 1:35 PM
Good to hear that more orders are coming. I think I'll wait until prices come down a hair.

The toys look great. For some reason I unreasonably think they should be the prices of the Star Wars action figures. I'm sure my logic is faulty. The Star Wars figures are much smaller and possibly do much greater sales.

Ironically the newer larger-scaled Star Wars figures that are closer in size to these Batman figures are priced HIGHER than the Batman figures. This seems to be about $16 vs. $19. On top of that, the Batman figures are apparently a slightly bigger DCUC-type scale than what Hasbro are doing w/these new Star Wars figures (But the size difference is minimal and maybe Hasbro makes up for a tiny size disparity w/better sculpt & articulation performance).

MeWantMegos
Aug 27, '13, 12:03 AM
This question will sound like a complaint...but it's not. Why are the Mattel Batman 66 figures so expensive. I didn't mind paying those prices for the Retro Action figures. I reasoned those were more of a collector's item as opposed to mass market. I also thought that a smaller company would need to charge more to stay afloat.

But Mattel? Why are they charging so much? The license? I don't get it.

Can someone explain please. Thanks.

Earth 2 Chris
Aug 27, '13, 5:21 AM
^The prices on the Mattel figures are pretty consistent with all of their 6" DC figures (DCUC, Movie Masters). And most other companies offering 6" figures are charging about the same. Toys R Us likes to sell these for around $20, but Wal-mart and Target still carry them for $16-17 for the most part.

Chris

Saroyan
Aug 29, '13, 2:55 PM
I paid $34.99 at TRU today - I had to.

They had the 1/12 scale Batmobile in stock!! I couldn't just buy the Batmobile without B and R to go in it.

torgospizza
Aug 29, '13, 11:04 PM
They had the 1/12 scale Batmobile in stock!! I couldn't just buy the Batmobile without B and R to go in it.

Where did you find it? The last time I was at TRU, the figures were on a single peg on a mishmash oddball endcap with Godzilla superdeformed stuff and NECA figures. The car was nowhere to be found.

ws62k2
Aug 30, '13, 8:24 PM
Amazon has The Batman & Robin set for r $29.99

http://www.amazon.com/Comics-Classic-Series-Batman-Action/dp/B00BWXPHWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377912151&sr=8-1&keywords=classic+batman

ukaking
Aug 31, '13, 8:00 AM
Hate to say it, but the aftermarket on toys is a killer for dealers. I have tried and tried to provide a place for people to go and get their hard to find items, but there are just too many sellers willing to sell for nothing or take a loss. Its just rough. Ive updated my ebay, but I havent even wasted my time updating my website lately. Im pretty depressed that it hasnt worked out. But when you get a figure wholesale at $15 after shipping costs and people are selling them for $16, you get the drift. Then when you sell them for $19.99, you just get stuck with them. I don't know the secret to toy success. =(