X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeWantMegos
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 4, 2010

Batman and Robin 66 - sold out?

Batman and Robin seem to be sold out. I can only find them on the secondary market - with quite a mark up.

I assume they'll be back in stock eventually. Anyone know when?

And -- when they are not in their positions of crawling up the wall -- how do they stand? Are the legs uneven or bowlegged?

Thanks.
  • Wasimhosen
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 23, 2011

Mattel 1966 Batman & Robin 2 pack action figures - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

Here's a great review of them. Amazon has it for $45.00 or so.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

We have one member selling them in the marketplace also.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 4, 2010

Thanks...

Amazon used to sell them for $25. The $45 is quite the mark-up!

This happened with Emcee figure's too. Hard to get at first and price went up....then went down to more reasonable rates.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Didn't know this was about the Mattel version. At first I was like whu-? when did they come out?

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by MeWantMegos
            Thanks...

Amazon used to sell them for $25. The $45 is quite the mark-up!

This happened with Emcee figure's too. Hard to get at first and price went up....then went down to more reasonable rates.
            Never knew them to be that price. That's actually the wholesale price. That must have been a mistake. TRU near me had some for $34.99.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 4, 2010

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that was just my wish.

Even so $35 does seem pricey for a two figures made by Mattell. I see that individual figures are going for $15.99...so $35 is actual in line.

But gee that is pricey. But maybe that's what they cost these days.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Trust me. I understand your sentiment. But that is pretty much the going rate for figures in this scale. But don't be discouraged. I know some wholesale dealers and they're restocking these in September. So Mattel is taking the orders. Don't let anyone tell you differently. No need to seek out the scalpers when more are coming.

Comment

• nobody
                  banjo!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

This should be in Modern toys not Figures thread. I'm sure the Mods will move it. I was upset I had lost a chance when I read the thread.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

They were $29.99 through Amazon, that's where I got mine.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Apr 4, 2010

Good to hear that more orders are coming. I think I'll wait until prices come down a hair.

The toys look great. For some reason I unreasonably think they should be the prices of the Star Wars action figures. I'm sure my logic is faulty. The Star Wars figures are much smaller and possibly do much greater sales.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MeWantMegos
                        Good to hear that more orders are coming. I think I'll wait until prices come down a hair.

The toys look great. For some reason I unreasonably think they should be the prices of the Star Wars action figures. I'm sure my logic is faulty. The Star Wars figures are much smaller and possibly do much greater sales.
                        Ironically the newer larger-scaled Star Wars figures that are closer in size to these Batman figures are priced HIGHER than the Batman figures. This seems to be about $16 vs. $19. On top of that, the Batman figures are apparently a slightly bigger DCUC-type scale than what Hasbro are doing w/these new Star Wars figures (But the size difference is minimal and maybe Hasbro makes up for a tiny size disparity w/better sculpt & articulation performance).
                        Last edited by huedell; Aug 24, '13, 1:38 PM.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MeWantMegos
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 4, 2010

This question will sound like a complaint...but it's not. Why are the Mattel Batman 66 figures so expensive. I didn't mind paying those prices for the Retro Action figures. I reasoned those were more of a collector's item as opposed to mass market. I also thought that a smaller company would need to charge more to stay afloat.

But Mattel? Why are they charging so much? The license? I don't get it.

Can someone explain please. Thanks.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^The prices on the Mattel figures are pretty consistent with all of their 6" DC figures (DCUC, Movie Masters). And most other companies offering 6" figures are charging about the same. Toys R Us likes to sell these for around $20, but Wal-mart and Target still carry them for $16-17 for the most part.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Saroyan
                              Persistent Member
                              • Oct 4, 2011

I paid $34.99 at TRU today - I had to.

They had the 1/12 scale Batmobile in stock!! I couldn't just buy the Batmobile without B and R to go in it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎