Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MadeInUSA71
    • Aug 19, 2013

Hey, I'm new here!

If there is an introductions section, forgive me for doing this here, because I couldn't fine one.

I'm an antique dealer and collector, and also have tons of different toys. My husband and I love all of the 60s and 70s toys, since that is the time period we grew up. But, we have a wide variety of toys, from the 20s through the 50s as well. Some of our favorite toys are Star Wars, (my husband has boxes full of originals in their packages, plus the newer ones), Fat Albert toys, Evil Knievel, Dukes of Hazard, Fisher Price, Hot Wheels, ramp walkers, Howdy Doody, etc. We're not really set on one particular thing, and have a lot of different interests. We also have an 8 yr old son who's getting into the hobby. He loves old marbles, Hot Wheels, baseball cards, comic books and Star Wars. He also loves Fat Albert, and has some figures and books. His most recent prized possession is an Evil Knievel comic book he found at a flea market.

We're always going to flea markets, yard sales, antique stores, etc. and finding interesting things. Sometimes it's nice to have a source for getting info on things that we don't know much about. So, thought this would be a good place to come. Not sure what the rules of the board are, but is it ok to ask for price ranges on stuff here, as far as what they're worth? Sometimes we also just need a resource for how to date certain things, identifying editions, etc.

If I can be of help to others, I certainly will. But also hope that you can help us out too! Thanks!
  • Access
    Veteran Member
    • May 22, 2013

Howdy! Welcome to the forum. We have a rule around here, when you announce that you have boxes of original Star Wars figures still on the cards, you are required to post pictures! Lol. I know for sure I'd love to see em!

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2011

Welcome to MM !

Have fun !

Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
      :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
      I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• MadeInUSA71
        • Aug 19, 2013

Originally posted by Access
        Howdy! Welcome to the forum. We have a rule around here, when you announce that you have boxes of original Star Wars figures still on the cards, you are required to post pictures! Lol. I know for sure I'd love to see em!
        HA! Well, my husband would probably have a problem with that. They're all packed up tight, JUST right, and if I went through and took them out, I'd be in trouble! LOL He has lots of accessories as well, like the ewoks village, At-At, ships, MIP Underoos, bath soaps, etc. TONS of stuff......

My son started collecting the newer ones that are small and chunky, when he was 3. He probably has close to 200 of them, but he plays with them.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Welcome to our Mego neighborhood! I hope you get information that is useful for you.

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

Welcome to the show. Hope you stick around.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎