X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Hey. Hey.Hey Recycling is OK

Remember that awesome Dick Tracy Wrist TV from 1975 a few weeks ago? Here it is again in a somewhat less logical form from 1982. I guess you could imagine that Dick threw out his old wrist TV and the Cosby kids found in the junkyard? I dunno it's a bit like dissecting gossamer really....

Rack Toys: Cheap, Crazed Playthings is a limited edition 144 page book from the creator of Plaid Stallions. Order from us and get three free promotional post cards.

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Hey, Hey, Hey, Fat Albert toys are OK!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Is it my imagination or does Albert look like he's posturing to let one rip?

Comment

• Mego MkIV
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 9, 2013

I had a Space 1999 one I bought at peoples drug store.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mego MkIV
          I had a Space 1999 one I bought at peoples drug store.
          Yeah, that one has a cool card.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

"I guess you could imagine that Dick threw out his old wrist TV and the Cosby kids found in the junkyard"

But just think how things could have been different... WHAT IF... the kids don't find the TV watch. Like most kids in the early 80's, they're dying to get in some tube time. So Rudy takes advantage of Fat Albert visiting his rich cousins in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and persuades the kids to take the TV from the local rec center over on Diamond St. They pull it off and, intoxicated by their new life as outlaws, the guys grow into the most powerful street gang in North Philly- the Junkyard Dawgs (hey, it's the early 80's an alternative spellings haven't become ironically silly yet.) No one is surprised when Russell has Rudy killed and begins to rule the Dawgs with an iron fist. It all ends violent when, after a violent stand-off, the city drops what it claims is a concussion bomb on the gang. It's not. Mushmouth is saved by the fact he is serving time upstate. His short flirtation with continued fame comes in the form of a novelty rap song in the 90's and short-lived reality show, "Mrs. Mouth", in the '00's. There are rumors he will be one of the next Celebrity Apprentices, but that has not been confirmed.

All because Weird Harold never looked under that dirty yellow overcoat in the junk yard. (((cue sad, eerie music)))
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Ranger 3
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 25, 2007

I love that tiny little bit of bling on the wrist band!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Why is it I look at this and am reminded of that episode of The Jetsons with that kid in Elroy's class watching The Flintstones on his wrist TV?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I could see the Brown Hornet having something like this, but not the Cosby Kids.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

If any one of the gang, avoiding Bill's advice to "just learn something", goes bad, they could have slid into Chester Gould's world as a Tracy villain with ease. They even have names that fit in with the likes of Pruneface, Flattop, & the Brow: Weird Harold, Dumb Donald, MushMouth, Fat Albert...

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

That thing makes so little sense, you can't help but like it!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎