PDA

View Full Version : CTVT Jet Jungle

monitor_ep
Aug 17, '13, 7:40 PM
When did CTVT make a ReMego of Jet Jungle? I cannot found any info on when they made him.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SQDuYVT2QlY/0.jpg

MIB41
Aug 17, '13, 7:50 PM
Jet Jungle has been out there for some time now. I would say every bit of five or six years.

monitor_ep
Aug 17, '13, 8:10 PM
I am curious, who here bought one?

It is an easy figure to ReMego, I have coming in the Mego Action Jackson Secret Spy outfit and boots. I can get a repro Bruce Wayne head. I was just wandering about the CTVT head since it is different.

MIB41
Aug 17, '13, 8:49 PM
I bought one when it first came out. I immediately took the head off and put it on a regular Mego body. Because those bodies are the defective ones from CTVT. If they don't break directly out of the mailer bag, they will soon enough. And when I purchased mine, I got it for under $10.00. He was dirt cheap. Now they're wanting $19.99, so their inventory must be running low. If you're good with a paint brush, it might be worth your time to just buy the re-Bruce head and just thicken his eye brows to match the original (and paint the hair of course). The repro version has the thick brows, but they don't really look anything like the original in application. And I certainly wouldn't pay $20.00 for a body that you most likely won't be able to use very long either. My thoughts.

Mego Magyar
Aug 17, '13, 9:04 PM
I got one over 2 years ago as a free gift for my order over $100.00. They've upped it now to $200.00.

VintageMike
Aug 17, '13, 11:48 PM
Got one a few years back. Looked OK. Can't speak on the body quality because I had a repro box made and he's been in it ever since.

monitor_ep
Aug 18, '13, 11:32 AM
Jet Jungle on CTVT (http://www.classictvtoys.com/search.aspx?find=JJ)

I finally found the page to order him, thanks. I am just on this kick to add international characters to my group.

MIB41
Aug 19, '13, 8:13 AM
^^^ Awesome! That's ultimately what counts. I hope you enjoy the figure. :yes:

Jetjungle75
Aug 19, '13, 8:30 AM
I originally got one about a year ago. I placed the head on a T1 body and put on an AJ Spy outfit with POTA astronaut boots. To finish off placed in a repro JJ Mego box. The eyes on the head were painted blue.

MIB41
Aug 19, '13, 9:35 AM
^^^ Nicely done!

DocDrako
Aug 20, '13, 1:42 AM
I bought a repro head from Mego Store years ago and suited him up on an LJN body. He instantly became one of the 'baddest' Megos in my collection. I even got the 'Jet Jungle Project Farstar' radio drama because of the Jungle-Mania that ensued after Jet's re-discovery. I love this place.

Jetjungle75
Aug 20, '13, 3:00 AM
Any chance of posting a picture of him Doc?

I too have all the available episodes of Project Farstar. I believe that these are the only episodes that are available from the series.

Would love to see the results of what could be achieved with either an original Bruce Wayne/Mystery Astronaut head.

THE FALCON
Sep 6, '13, 8:33 AM
I've always wanted one. I should've got him when he was like ten bucks.

Mr Mego
Sep 6, '13, 12:52 PM
I originally got one about a year ago. I placed the head on a T1 body and put on an AJ Spy outfit with POTA astronaut boots. To finish off placed in a repro JJ Mego box. The eyes on the head were painted blue.

Looks very original, congrats!!! I'll do like that someday. :yes:

I had loose CTVT JJ since X-Mas, 2004. Gladly they're still making more JJ!

Jetjungle75
Sep 6, '13, 6:23 PM
Thanks GeneralApeGuy. Wish it was worth $20,033.15, which is what Clemso is looking for his original.

I now have a spare Mystery Astronaut, so one day may use the head, in which case he will look even more like the original!!!!!

The only trouble I can see is trying to recreate those big black eye brows. The CTVT head at least got that right.

Action Martin
Oct 27, '13, 10:24 AM
I bought a CTVT Jet Jungle in 2007 from them for under $10. I even bought an extra head and outfit. Like others, I put JJ on an original Mego Type-1 body. He's a cool oddity to have as part of your collection.

raider5gt
Oct 28, '13, 2:45 PM
I scored a naked CTVT Jet from a member here,I really need to get an outfit for him,he dont look right in just a black body suit,I may change the body too.