X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

Looking at Matty Collector's 12" Superman: The Movie line

These created a pretty big buzz when they were first announced in 2009, but they unfortunately didn't do blockbuster business in spite of being "sold out" a couple of times.

I was a little disappointed to see that Ollie's finally cleared out of these a few months ago. I should have grabbed a few more when they were $15!

• The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I always wondered if a fourth figure was originally planned because when you line up the boxes the side panels spell out "Superman" but it looks like it's
    missing the final piece of the image. Would it have been a Lois figure?
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MegoSteve
      Superman's Pal
      • Jun 17, 2005

That is a really good question. Does Mattel/Matty Collector have a 12" female body that isn't fashion doll-like? I couldn't see them going to the expense of making one, but it would have been nice to get Lois and Ursa.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Maybe it would have been a Clark Kent figure with Daily Planet backdrop and accessories? That's probably more likely than Lois now that I think if it.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I would have loved to have seen a Clark Kent. I still like these figures, despite their flaws.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Mego MkIV
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 9, 2013

Or maybe evil Superman...I missed these guys at Ollies,They had the Superman Vault DVD set for around 20 dollars for a while as well.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

^^^I'm adding the Superman III Hot Toys figure to my collection. I think the additional details add something to the overall presentation of the figure. Like Chris I too like the Mattel line. But I used the Superman they had and converted out the head and boots from Hot Toys. I think Zod and Lex are great figures. Too bad they didn't sell. I thought those were made well. I'm a proud owner.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

I'd eventually like Stamp and Hackman in my collection but am not too keen on owning 12 inch pieces in my collection. Are there plans on making DCUC scale Hackman and Stamp figures? If not, spending about 90 bucks on these on Ebay eventually may be worth my while.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

I didn't get any of these..., but woulda gladly Picked em up for 15 a Piece. .... Is Ursa and Nod were made..., I mighta Paid Full price for the set of 3 ...

I do have the Matty 12inch GB Figures..., and Liek em alot.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎