PDA

View Full Version : Now it's November?

jimsmegos
Aug 6, '13, 8:34 PM
Not to happy seeing this.... http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FIG22966AA#.UgGj6ZJON8E

And then January...

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FIGBMR005AA#.UgGkpJJON8E

And then March...

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FIGBMR010AA#.UgGkx5JON8E

Plus if your going to have social media channels, updating your "fans" would most certainly be appreciated

jimsmegos
Aug 6, '13, 8:39 PM
Here's the thing... I understand things happen with the slow boat from China and all but this is aggravating. To tease and tease and tease and THEN push back this much? Hard to get folks excited by the dangling carrot for too long.

kerowack
Aug 6, '13, 8:47 PM
I knew that release date was too good to be true. Took back my preorder and got a refund. Gonna use it to buy toys that are actually being released this year......cause who knows when those are really hitting.

ovenmitt
Aug 6, '13, 8:48 PM
Actually its May 2014 for Series 3 guess because Alfred is a new figure. Figures just confirmed these release dates in reply to my email. Holy tardy, Batman I wanted Series 1 this month!

Ivaniski
Aug 6, '13, 9:52 PM
OH Boy!!! :muh: This probably means no "1966 Batman series" figures until maybe this time next year. RATS!!! :please_y:

BlackKnight
Aug 6, '13, 9:59 PM
Hard to get folks excited by the dangling carrot for too long.

Unless it's a Large Hard Carrot. :smile:

.... Seriously though ..,
I so get what your writing here Bro, on so Many Levels.
I'm so Burnt out on The Half Yr..., or Yr, or 2 yr Marketing of Action Figures these days ..., in all forms. U Would think it was a Frick'in Movie. I need to Buy Now. Don't show Me crap, Unless I can Buy it in 2 Months ..., or it's 400+ and there's a Payment Plan.

Teemu
Aug 6, '13, 10:49 PM
what cracks me up the most is the figurine cases are being advertised as "in Stock" with NO figures to put them in LOL

sprytel
Aug 6, '13, 11:11 PM
I'd rather have them take their time and put out a high-quality product, rather than hastily rush out something inferior. I can wait.

jwyblejr
Aug 6, '13, 11:19 PM
Weird thing is,the site is still saying August. If this is the case,someone should update it.

jimsmegos
Aug 6, '13, 11:20 PM
I would in most cases agree with you sprytel, but something about this irks me. I don't really know why it does. It's most certainly not the end of the world and i normally don't give in to nerd rage. It may be due to the problems CTVT has had in the past and I don't want another let down. Another thing that bugs me (and this may just be me) but when it comes to having distributors out there who really want to sell your product and have worked hard on the promotion and marketing of said product left in a lurch with their own regular customers and perhpas some new ones getting strung out with the "now you have it, now you don't" game. Just overall bad for a company's reputation.

I do want to see this line happen and thrive but at the same time I think its pretty safe to say that I will wait for these until after I've been able to collect all of the NEW Venture Bros product from Bif Bang Pow as of March 2014. After that I'll take a look and see what is or isn't available.

megomania
Aug 7, '13, 12:40 AM
Amok Time, where I placed my pre orders, shows series 1 in August, series 2 October, series 3 February. Right hand isn't talking to the left.

-Chris

sauce
Aug 7, '13, 12:47 AM
When do the funds transfer from your bank to theirs in relation to the release date?

Mike77
Aug 7, '13, 2:02 AM
There goes my series 2 alter ego Christmas. Thought for sure they would be under the tree this year. Oh well..

Bronxboykev
Aug 7, '13, 2:04 AM
I'm pretty sure PRE sales are not aloud to take your funds until items are in stock and marked shipped. I have PRE ordered series 1 and 2 from Figures toys and have yet to be charged.

thunderbolt
Aug 7, '13, 3:29 AM
the total shut down of 1966 teasers or info is kinda annoying too. They were going gangbusters on it showing us sculpts and stuff then, blammo, nothing.

The Toyroom
Aug 7, '13, 5:44 AM
the total shut down of 1966 teasers or info is kinda annoying too. They were going gangbusters on it showing us sculpts and stuff then, blammo, nothing.

Exactly. I had planned to earmark the majority of any "Batman 66" funds toward the FTC figures, but I can see that money being diverted elsewhere, like say Mattel figures, if it takes too long to get any info or get these figures to market, just to get that 1966 fix. Are they even going to have any releases of 66 stuff in 2013?

houseofdracula
Aug 7, '13, 6:37 AM
I agree.
They shouldn't have posted the photos so early but I'm guessing that they may have been as excited as all of us.
This could be a good thing,...
Maybe the reason for the push back is because they're working on better bodies.
:confused:

thunderbolt
Aug 7, '13, 6:41 AM
Exactly. I had planned to earmark the majority of any "Batman 66" funds toward the FTC figures, but I can see that money being diverted elsewhere, like say Mattel figures, if it takes too long to get any info or get these figures to market, just to get that 1966 fix. Are they even going to have any releases of 66 stuff in 2013?

The Mattel figures do nothing for me as I am not into that format, and the Hot Toys stuff is outta my league pricewise. So FTC had my attention, but its sure seems quiet on the Adam West front.

enyawd72
Aug 7, '13, 6:43 AM
We should all know by now, when dealing with factories in China, delays will happen. I'm sure Figures is just as frustrated as we are. When they change the date four times like Captain Action has, THEN I'll worry.

Chris
Aug 7, '13, 7:01 AM
We should all know by now, when dealing with factories in China, delays will happen. I'm sure Figures is just as frustrated as we are.

Agreed. My only issue is that the figures take so long to make that I forget what I pre-ordered.

Hedji
Aug 7, '13, 8:26 AM
I hope they take the opportunity to fix RM Robin's over-elongated face.

JediJaida
Aug 7, '13, 9:26 AM
I kind of figured that an October release date was being optimistic.

Looks like Doc is going to be getting most of my money this year.

rjm118
Aug 7, '13, 9:40 AM
what annoys me is all the hype from FTC and all we are doing is waiting. Their website still says August!! They need to get with it and not hold up peoples hard earned $$.

I pre-ordered series 1 and 2 and now trying to figure out a way to get a refund, Ill see come November if Im even interested anymore or maybe Ill just wait and pick up the ones I dont have originals of.

VERY disapointed.

megomania
Aug 7, '13, 10:30 AM
When do the funds transfer from your bank to theirs in relation to the release date?

I'm not giving you my ATM code!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY03ymgskNI

nobody
Aug 7, '13, 10:48 AM
I'm not giving you my ATM code!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY03ymgskNI

Bosco!!

jwyblejr
Aug 7, '13, 1:22 PM
I'm trying to figure out why they're still selling these on Ebay if it's been pushed back.

The Toyroom
Aug 7, '13, 2:19 PM
From Twitter:

@FiguresToyCo: Sorry guys, but Batman Retro Action Figures Series 1 have been delayed until Quarter 4 2013....

jimsmegos
Aug 7, '13, 2:24 PM
But still no word on '66 Batman. I'm starting to feel bad for these guys. Could it be that everything (Dukes, Evil, Dallas, Gilligan, Conan etc...) was on the same boat from China? I don't see how that would be very wise.

Ivaniski
Aug 7, '13, 4:44 PM
But still no word on '66 Batman. I'm starting to feel bad for these guys. Could it be that everything (Dukes, Evil, Dallas, Gilligan, Conan etc...) was on the same boat from China? I don't see how that would be very wise.

Agreed! Sometimes too much on your plate can cause an overload.......or overstuff if you will. Darn!!! :muh:

megocrazy
Aug 7, '13, 5:22 PM
Either that or if they were considering going the outside retail route, and preorders from them were slow, they would push back production and delivery until more retailers were on board.

Jerry68
Aug 7, '13, 7:01 PM
Unless it's a Large Hard Carrot. :smile:

.... Seriously though ..,
I so get what your writing here Bro, on so Many Levels.
I'm so Burnt out on The Half Yr..., or Yr, or 2 yr Marketing of Action Figures these days ..., in all forms. U Would think it was a Frick'in Movie. I need to Buy Now. Don't show Me crap, Unless I can Buy it in 2 Months ..., or it's 400+ and there's a Payment Plan.

:clap:

tllgn
Aug 7, '13, 7:02 PM
ouch! ,i was so looking forward to this line this month,oh well it will still be worth the wait ,it will just give me
enough time to catch up paying for all my bif bang pow /emce retro goodness that i just got.

Ninersphan1
Aug 7, '13, 8:56 PM
Wow, lot of griping...you guys don't buy Hot toys figures I guess. So long as they get made I'll be happy. In fact if they arec being delayed to get them as good as possible all the better.

garfoot
Aug 8, '13, 4:29 PM
You learn patience from being a Hot Toys collector. I can't remember a single figure I ordered not being delayed months at a time. I waited 30+ years for these figures, I can wait for 3 more months.

pmwasson
Aug 8, '13, 4:37 PM
As long as they come out, I'm happy. I can wait.

MIB41
Aug 8, '13, 6:29 PM
As customary as I've been to jump on a harsh critique of FTC's business practices, I think having to adjust the release date once is completely normal. Considering the amount of licensing they're juggling, that was surely a given. Now if they start pulling a Round 2 number and change release dates four or five times, then I'll be picking up my critic's pen. But pushing it back just a couple of months is very understandable. Look at it like this - You'll have one heck of a Mego Christmas to remember. The fact they're not mentioning the '66 line is a plus in my eyes. I'm sure whatever is holding up the retro heroes is playing havoc with FTC scheduling production on the '66 merchandise as well. So why bother inventing a release date like Round 2 does until you know you can deliver the goods? I sure they'll have a crap load of product ready to roll out come the holidays.