X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imp
    Mego Book Author
    • Apr 20, 2003

World's Greatest Heroes! New "Series 3" Full-Page Ad

In the interest of tradition, I am posting the latest full-page ad, which appeared in Previews magazine depicting FTC's Series 3 "World's Greatest Heroes!" line.

The most recent issue (August 2013) features a full-page ad promoting the "Series 3" wave:

At first, I was disappointed to see an 'Artist's Rendering' to represent Alfred. But then I had a wave of nostalgia for those old, illustrated Mego characters I used to ogle in vintage Heroes World catalogs.

-b
  • imp
    Mego Book Author
    • Apr 20, 2003

p.s. I'm not sure why the ad copy reads, "…proudly presents the second series…" as this is the third such ad, and presumably the third -- not second -- series.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Still no new figures...Not really an Alfred fan. I guess they don't want my money. I'd buy at least 2 cases of each series...and I'm not a comic book store. Note to Figures....get some "NEW" never before made figures in the line or it might be 3 strikes and your out.

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

This is the only slightly more appealing than wave 2. Complete Batgirls can be tough so I can see that. However loose RM Batman is pretty affordable, I don;t see that RM Robin satisfying anyone for numerous reasons. Don't get my wrong I hope people buy it, but it's going to be tough going.

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

It seems like these have been teased for forever... I hope that we see Series one available for real order in the next week.

Comment

• nobody
            banjo!
            • Jan 26, 2012

^I believe Amazon shows them shipping this week.

Comment

• rjm118
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 25, 2012

According to Amazon, Series 1 is in stock September 1, Series 2 is November 1 and Series 3 is February 28.

I ordered series 1 direct from Figures, I feel like its been forever!!

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

Because somebody copy and pasted from the last ad and then forgot to proof it. ;-)

Originally posted by imp
                p.s. I'm not sure why the ad copy reads, "…proudly presents the second series…" as this is the third such ad, and presumably the third -- not second -- series.
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

The head on Robin looks weird. Yet,it looks fine on the Dick Grayson figure. Maybe it's the collar on the Grayson figure that does that?

Comment

• clemso
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 8, 2001

These are a massive fail for me. I don't see the point of releasing exact reproductions. Would rather see new figures. Also will be a nightmare for collectors who like all original figures.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                      • Aug 14, 2007

I really want to see what Alfred looks like. I'm not much on removable mask figures, though. Would like to see a new Batgirl head sculpt.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                      https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by clemso
                        These are a massive fail for me. I don't see the point of releasing exact reproductions. Would rather see new figures.
                        That sentiment wouldn't be so ironically loaded if it wasn't posted on a message board born out of a love for the original Mego figures (WGSH included). What could have *more* of a point and be more desired than the figures becoming available again after a 30 year gap?
                        Originally posted by clemso
                        Also will be a nightmare for collectors who like all original figures.
                        The irony of not wanting the old line resurrected lessens when considering the purists, admittedly.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

I personally cant get excited over these either, I just havent got that anticipation as I did for the Mattel ones, until I actually see a new character from them.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

You don't get it an you never will Hue. It's not about being a purist...it's about NEW product. I can buy 90% complete ORIGINAL Batman and Robin's all day long on Ebay for about $5 less than what these repros will retail at. Does it make sense to have the first three lines of a toy company's retro figures come out with NOT ONE new figure??!!?? This will die a quick death. It's sad because I want to see the Egghead and Romero Joker figures...but it will never happen. It might happen in 12 inch form, but not 8 inch form.

Comment

• rjm118
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Apr 25, 2012

I pre-ordered the first two sets but havent decided on the third. Im starting to kind of feel the sam eway, nostalgia led me to buy the first two sets but now reality sets in. Why do I need exact reproductions? At the very least, each wave should have included a brand new-to-mego character. Alfred was kind of a let down. I would have preferred if they released the alter egos as heads and costumes in a cool package as opposed to ending up with three pairs of essentially the same character.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎