Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F$%& Teddy ruxpin and all his stupid animatronic friends!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Access
    Veteran Member
    • May 22, 2013

F$%& Teddy ruxpin and all his stupid animatronic friends!!!

OK So I've officially destroyed a teddy ruxpin and a mickey mouse that I wanted to share with my 6 year old daughter. First Teddy Ruxpin didn't work properly (Tape deck worked, but no face movement), so in my idiot brain I figured "Hey! How complex could it be?!" Long story short Teddy's eyes are crushed inside his sockets.

Moving on

Well, today I find the mickey mouse version, so I buy it with the assurance that it worked fine and his kids were just playing with it, but naturally he didn't have any "C" batteries handy to prove these claims. (That should have been the 'tip off')

So, Mickey's tape deck won't play.

So dumb me decides, why dont I just take the tape deck out of one and simply put it n the other? Sounds simple enough, until I find out that freakin "Worlds of wonder" didn't standardize the internal harness!!! Why the "F" would you do something like that? Seriously!

So I then figure, well I'm in this deep, It must be the motor on the one that is the problem, so I'll transplant the motor. Well there is a little 'serpentine' style belt mechanism that runs in a certain direction and when I pulled the motor out the belt went inside the unit!

So now I have two ruined 80s animatronic stuffed animals sitting on my desk and a Daughter asking why I ruined her 'surprise'!

I'm feeling like target practice right now, but with my luck the shotgun would blow up in my face!
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

Sorry about your woes, but on the bright side, you got a chance to see how these were made and can provide insight if someone else tries the same thing.
    It's all good!

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Calm down....this person can fix them!

Teddy,Ruxpin,Repair,Fix,Restoration,Grubby, Ospedale,Orsacchiotto,Reparazione
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Access
        Veteran Member
        • May 22, 2013

already in the trash! But thanks for the link anyways!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎