X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

CTVT and shipping costs

Just got my order from CTVT today and while they still charged me the normal $12.00 for shipping ( for an order over $50.00 ) they didn't send it Priority Mail like they usually do, they shipped it first class for $3.60 - I knew they were over charging ( even regular Priority would have only been $6.20 ) before but this is really screwing us over.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I would read them off their own shipping policy and tell them you would like discounted or free shipping on your next order. I do credit them for being one of the fastest companies in terms of shipping. But if they were not providing the service you paid for, then they need to make that right.

Comment

• Scousebadger
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2, 2012

And they're not exactly "international order" friendly. Unless you want to buy out their whole inventory* in one go, in which case they're only happy to help.

*This may be sarcasm

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

That's insane. If this isn't a one-off or rates change, then take it as a sign they've bitten off more than can chew. Nickle and Diming shipping is never good.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

>And they're not exactly "international order" friendly. Unless you want to buy out their whole inventory* in one go

They charge flat rates for postage. It's pretty pricey international, unless you order a lot. I usually save up until I have a big order.

Don C.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by magyar1964
            Just got my order from CTVT today and while they still charged me the normal $12.00 for shipping ( for an order over $50.00 ) they didn't send it Priority Mail like they usually do, they shipped it first class for $3.60 - I knew they were over charging ( even regular Priority would have only been $6.20 ) before but this is really screwing us over.
            They've been doing that for a long time. I remember faxing them about it in 1995, they did reply and offer me store credit. Which I took...
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MEGOMAN
              Defender of the Megoverse
              • Dec 30, 2008

You should call them!!!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Personally, I think it doesn't matter what they spend on shipping, as long as they ship it with the designated shipping method. The term is usually
                'shipping and handling' which covers the packaging and shippers time to package the items. Just my opinion...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

when the 66 stuff comes out it will b e cheaper for me to drive to Tampa than get all four shipped here.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎