Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Batman 66 license include rights to make Green Hornet and Kato?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike77
    • Mar 7, 2009

Does the Batman 66 license include rights to make Green Hornet and Kato?

I was hoping someone might have the insight to that question. Those would be 2 awesome figures if made!
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Mike77
    I was hoping someone might have the insight to that question. Those would be 2 awesome figures if made!
    I doubt it
    While the same tv production company made both shows, Dc has never had the rights for producing the Green hornet in comic or print forms
    And the recent Seth Rogan film may allow some flaxibility with the likeness (if you went film version) but for a classic Kato you would need to get Bruce Lee's estate to sign off on using his likeness (and really who wants the film versions over the tv ones)

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I would say no. If the 66 stuff does well, it may possibly pique toy company's interest in licensing the classic Hornet TV show, though.
      sigpic

Comment

• Mike77
        • Mar 7, 2009

I thought since they appeared on the Batman TV show the might be included with the license. Oh well.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

That would be a nice addition if the line is a strong seller. Unfortunately it may not be possible to have both of those licenses share the same backer card since they are likely not under the same umbrella of copyrights anymore.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Giving this a bump in 2014 and seeing if anyone thinks if it's now possible.

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

FTC might be able to get the license and work out the agreement for the likenesses with the actors or their estates, but as others stated DC does not own the license to Green Hornet and Kato so those characters would not be included with FTC's contract with DC.

Love to see it happen.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

The GH and Kato license has been made into action figures for 20 years, it's not included in Batman 66 but if FTC isn't doing this somebody should.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^Like CAW/ZIca! Ditto the Lone Ranger.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Medicom did GH and Kato a while back. Enterbay only did Kato.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      Alan Scott is the best GL
                      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                      in the 90's Playing mantis did both the Green Hornet and kato for the retro KB excl Capt action resissues and the carded uniform line, while obviouly inspired by the show the kato likeness was far enough away from Bruce that I don't think his estate was in the apporval circle

Comment

• starsky
                        veteran member
                        • Aug 26, 2007

i hope they are made as well. here's info on who owns the rights to the green hornet.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                          Year Five!!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Mike77
                          It does not. Matter of fact the rights to the show did not even include all the batman characters. CTV had to aquire them in addition to the rights of the show.

Would be great if ctv went and got the rights
                          and made them on both Green hornet cards, and also batman 66 cards from the episodes they were in.
                          "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

I should think that getting a license to do these two would run into problems with Bruce Lee's estate. And that is a license that is VERY difficult to acquire, due to the efforts of his family. Which is understandable.

But getting a Kato with an accurate Bruce Lee sculpt, (and removable mask) would be wonderful!
                            JediJaida

Comment

• melstapler
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Aug 2, 2014

Originally posted by samurainoir
                              What we need is for either NECA or Diamond Select to produce a 7 inch figure of the Green Hornet. NECA was able to acquire the rights to make Arnold Schwarzenegger figures from Predator, Terminator and Commando, so I'd imagine they'd be able to acquire rights from Bruce Lee's estate if anyone could. NECA did a good job with the Lone Ranger figures from the film with Johnny Depp and although I'm a big fan of the Lone Ranger, I'm an even bigger Green Hornet fan.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎