Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vintage Quixotic
    • Feb 25, 2013

BatMan Wave 2 - a disappointment?

I was so excited to order wave 1 - the advert alone made me feel like a kid again - Batman, Robin, Joker & Riddler - exactly as I remember them!
    Then - wave 2 - not so much. Sort of anti-climatic. Wave 1 is a hard act to follow unless you go straight to BatGirl, and say Superman, Green Arrow, & Shazam! But beggars can't be choosers and I am happy to support these awesome companies by buying what I like!
  • Zemo
    Still Smokin'
    • Feb 14, 2006

What does wave two include?

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Zemo
      What does wave two include?
      Wave 2 would consist of Alter Ego Bruce Wayne, Alter Ego Dick Grayson, Penguin & Catwoman. Certainly NO disappointment at all.

Wave 3 would be Removable Mask Batman, removable Mask Robin, Batgirl & Alfred Pennyworth. Great choice too!

I want them all!

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

It's far from a disappointment if you ask me. I can finally own a Catwoman and RC Bats and Robin.

The prototypes look spot on too......can't wait.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I'll only be aiming for characters I want, which means Catwoman from Series 2 and Alfred from Series 3. I might be tempted to get the RC Batman, but it all depends on how faithful the cowl is to the original. If it's pretty much spot on and not like the crop of repro's that have been out there for the past 15 years, I might take the dive. I like the alter ego's, except the paints aren't quite right. The eye brows are wrong on both of them. Of the two, Bruce is the closest. But if you're a new collector who have never had one of these, it might be a good way to go. I'm hoping we get some good reviews though when series one comes out. It would be nice if someone made a video as well on Youtube. I would like to see how well these things stand and pose.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

wow, didn't this thread already happen once?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Vintage Quixotic
              • Feb 25, 2013

Originally posted by Boywonder0
              Wave 2 would consist of Alter Ego Bruce Wayne, Alter Ego Dick Grayson, Penguin & Catwoman. Certainly NO disappointment at all.

Wave 3 would be Removable Mask Batman, removable Mask Robin, Batgirl & Alfred Pennyworth. Great choice too!

I want them all!
              I understand this POV from a hardcore Mego fan. And you're the target demographic.
              To me, wave 2 is drab, and wave 3 - oh, it's Batman and Robin again, identical to wave 1 except that their masks are removable. I do think it's all pretty cool, though!

Comment

• Mike77
                • Mar 7, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                I'll only be aiming for characters I want, which means Catwoman from Series 2 and Alfred from Series 3. I might be tempted to get the RC Batman, but it all depends on how faithful the cowl is to the original. If it's pretty much spot on and not like the crop of repro's that have been out there for the past 15 years, I might take the dive. I like the alter ego's, except the paints aren't quite right. The eye brows are wrong on both of them. Of the two, Bruce is the closest. But if you're a new collector who have never had one of these, it might be a good way to go. I'm hoping we get some good reviews though when series one comes out. It would be nice if someone made a video as well on Youtube. I would like to see how well these things stand and pose.
                For the alter ego heads is the whole head painted? including the flesh tone? or is it made from a fleshtone rubber like the originals with just the hair and eyes painted? Thanks!

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Mike77
                  For the alter ego heads is the whole head painted? including the flesh tone? or is it made from a fleshtone rubber like the originals with just the hair and eyes painted? Thanks!
                  From what I can see, it's just the hair and eye paints. And you know maybe having an alternate set of eyebrows is the right thing to do, so there is some distinction from the originals.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    wow, didn't this thread already happen once?
                    Holy Repeating Time Loop, Batman!
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• timb
                      Will Draw for Toys
                      • May 1, 2009

This might be a dumb question so forgive me if it is. Alot of the collectors on the boards already have the original Megos Figures (Batman Robin Catwoman, etc.) Figures Toy co. is reproducing.

What is the benefit of buying the repros?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

I've seen quite a few replies that said they don't have a Catwoman.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by timb
                          This might be a dumb question so forgive me if it is. Alot of the collectors on the boards already have the original Megos Figures (Batman Robin Catwoman, etc.) Figures Toy co. is reproducing.

What is the benefit of buying the repros?
                          Not a dumb questions at all. For myself, I'll get the RC Batman IF the cowl is pretty much spot on. I have many original RC figures. But it would be for nostalgic reasons to see him brand new again. He's always been one of my favorites. But the jury is still out on that because the cowl has to be just right. But I would also like a cleaner version of Catwoman than what I have. And of course having Alfred would be a nice addition. Those are the ones thus far I'm interested in.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                            Holy Repeating Time Loop, Batman!
                            yeah, its deja vu all over again.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• timb
                              Will Draw for Toys
                              • May 1, 2009

I'm not being a nay-sayer. I'm curious how well this line will sell though. Mattel couldn't sustain their line - partly because of their crappy body problems.
                              However I wonder how strong the demographic is for these figures. Seems like the collector crowd is a somewhat smaller demographic > narrow that down to primarily nostalgic Mego fans which is an even smaller demographic aged 35 and over > narrow that down to Mego collectors who may or may not buy the figures because they may have the originals.

DO you think this will be a lucrative endeavor for these guys in the end? Again, not being a poo-pooer SOunds like they did pretty good with KISS, so maybe I'm getting it wrong.
                              THen again they have a whole DC license, so DC will likely be promoting them as well which can't hurt.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎