X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MadDoc138
    • Feb 21, 2013

Sequential Heroes

Presenting the SEQUENTIAL HEROES!

In an uncharted region of the Amazon, a lost city was the resting place of the Lazarus Stone, a very powerful and mysterious artifact. No one knows where the Stone came from: some say it was a meteorite that crashed to earth and was worshipped by the people who built the city; some say it was created by God; others say it came into existence at the time of the Big Bang. But the Lazarus Stone had great power, and because of that it was hidden from the world of men.
    The adventurers-for-hire who would eventually become the Challengers Four were sent to find and retrieve the Lazarus Stone. They did not know at the time that their benefactor planned to use the stone to destroy the world. When they became aware of this, they knew they had to destroy the Stone in order to protect mankind. This brought about the cataclysmic event that became known all over the world and across other regions of the multiverse as the Great Change, and with it, the birth of new heroes and protectors for a new age began...

Presenting NEO-MAN!

KLATOS NEO, Emperor of the planet ALTARA, was returning from a diplomatic mission with his wife ZORA and son RANOS when the supernatural cataclysm known as THE GREAT CHANGE ripped through their galaxy, destroying Altara and catapulting their starship millions of light years to Earth. The Neos discovered that the atmosphere of Earth had endowed them with incredible strength and power, making them near-gods compared to Earthlings. To ensure that Earthlings would not view them as a threat, Klatos engineered the NEO-BELTS to control their powers, and after seeing the rise of villainy on Earth as a result of the Great Change, Klatos took an oath to protect his family's new home... in the guise of the amazing and astounding NEO-MAN!

Last edited by MadDoc138; Jul 9, '13, 3:38 PM.
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Cool back story. You should post a group shot of all the characters.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

Great looking bunch of customs!

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Nice customs! I am a big fan of Megoized original characters.

If I can make one suggestion, though... You have really creative backstories, but I felt you head choices don't give them a chance to fully shine through. I found myself going "From an alien homeworld... Superman head... ok, this guy is just like Superman. Kid in the circus... Robin head... got it. Magic dude... Dr. Strange looking head... ok, he's pretty much Dr. Stange." If instead, Neo-Man was bald with a big handlebar mustache or something, it would have made it easier for me to avoid those snap judgements and to focus on what makes your characters unique. Like this idea of the Neo-Belt and him trying to keep his powers under control... that sounds really clever and intriguing, and I almost glossed over it because I thought I already had the character pegged.

I hope that doesn't come off as too critical. Just a humble suggestion. I still really enjoyed these. I think Darkshade is my fave.

Comment

• Vinny0026
          Year Five!!
          • Jan 26, 2012

I don't know what I like more the back story or the figures!

great job on both!
          "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• MadDoc138
            • Feb 21, 2013

Thank you. As to what you said about the heads, the idea was to create these with existing parts, and I am at the moment unable to create custom heads. These are my first customs and I'm still learning. But I was inspired by Jay Piscopo, who creates and sells NEMO Toys--action figures of his own character Commander X, and other pulp heroes in the public domain such as the Red Panther. I wanted to keep the feel of '70's Mego toys, which used and reused a lot of their own heads for various things instead of creating new ones, rather than making a heavily detailed customized figure. I do have a few personal fave customs I want to do--Space Ghost, the Phantom, and the Lone Ranger and Tonto.

Soon I will be doing my first villain, Kaliban Kadabra, which I'm using a Klingon head for. He's Johnny Mephisto's main villain.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎